**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

What do you mean
I got put on the high hold alternate list and they sent me an email to add transcripts and a background check to my portal in case my status is moved to accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted 1/17. Any current students have recommendations for off-campus housing?

Members don't see this ad :)
So the class is already full
I have a friend interviewing early Feb, so I wouldn't imagine so? I'm still waiting for my response as well. Oddly, I interviewed Jan 10th...it seems that a few people who received interviews after have already heard back from LLU?

I actually just noticed that I never sent in a LOR from a spiritual leader. Is that required? I've already interviewed and was put on the alternate list

Did anyone else interview with Dr. Leggitt on or before Jan 10th?

Any acceptances? I was interviewed on Jan. 23rd and still no word.. :(

I think you might have a bit more time to wait :\ hang in there!

It might be worthwhile for you to call Loma and see where you are? I called and was told that my application was ready to go to committee...pending Dr. Leggitt's report from my interview. Makes sense as to why people who interviewed after me have already heard back and I have not. Aw wells...everyone says that hearing too quickly is never a good thing...! lol because...you know, rejection...

I think you might have a bit more time to wait :\ hang in there!

It might be worthwhile for you to call Loma and see where you are? I called and was told that my application was ready to go to committee...pending Dr. Leggitt's report from my interview. Makes sense as to why people who interviewed after me have already heard back and I have not. Aw wells...everyone says that hearing too quickly is never a good thing...! lol because...you know, rejection...
rejected literally right after I called and asked for my status :/

Accepted 1/17. Any current students have recommendations for off-campus housing?
South side of redlands or loma Linda are pretty nice areas.
Edit: I'm not a current student. I grew up in redlands so I know the area.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys know if the class is full?
we'll have to wait until Feb 17. assuming this will be the final round of acceptances until the class actually fills. i know that alternate lists are filling up now.

we'll have to wait until Feb 17. assuming this will be the final round of acceptances until the class actually fills. i know that alternate lists are filling up now.
Does this mean that acceptances will be given out today?

Does this mean that acceptances will be given out today?

Last batch has 30 days to put down deposits - I think the deadlines 11:59 PM tonight?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there two alternative lists,one is strong/high alternative list and one is just regular?

Is there two alternative lists,one is strong/high alternative list and one is just regular?
Without calling Loma directly, who knows. I've googled, and I can't find anything about a high alternate list. I also contacted a friend who was on the committee in past years, and he doesn't recall such a thing. Doesn't mean that things haven't changed since though.

You must also...be on the alternate list? :)

Without calling Loma directly, who knows. I've googled, and I can't find anything about a high alternate list. I also contacted a friend who was on the committee in past years, and he doesn't recall such a thing. Doesn't mean that things haven't changed since though.

Do you no anything else about the alternative list?

There are two lists but don't be discouraged there is still a lot of time left in the cycle! There is no indication of how many are on the list. Hopefully, they start sending out another round of acceptance but it would be foolish not to plan ahead in case this, or any other school doesn't reply.

upload_2017-2-17_22-4-55.png

From the email that I received.

"If you are ranked high, your chances of gaining admission in 2017 are greater. A medium or low ranking is a clear indication that your chances are minimal and it is wise to take another offer or plan to re-apply for LLUSD next cycle."

From the email that I received.

"If you are ranked high, your chances of gaining admission in 2017 are greater. A medium or low ranking is a clear indication that your chances are minimal and it is wise to take another offer or plan to re-apply for LLUSD next cycle."
How do you know wat your ranking is?

How do you know wat your ranking is?
It tells you your ranking at the beginning of the email, this was just a part of my email.

"I am writing to inform you that the Admissions Committee of Loma Linda University School of Dentistry voted to place your name on the High Alternate List for Fall 2017 DDS entering class.

Alternates are ranked and this year we have chosen to share part of this information with applicants in order to assist in their planning. Experience has shown that several alternates have been offered a place in our class each year. If a position becomes available and your name is selected you will be contacted by phone by one of our Admissions officers.

If you are ranked high, your chances of gaining admission in 2017 are greater. A medium or low ranking is a clear indication that your chances are minimal and it is wise to take another offer or plan to re-apply for LLUSD next cycle."

There are two DIFFERENT sets of emails that went out (ranked vs non-ranked). What you conclude from this information is as good of a guess as mine.

Accepted today! AND GOING!!!!!! :)

Reactions: 2 users
If they have called me and asked me to send a set of official transcript, does that mean I got accepted? Because on the website it says "If the admissions committee decides to offer you an acceptance, you will need to request that a set of official transcripts from every post-secondary institution from which you will receive credit be sent to LLU before you will be able to register. Please do not send transcripts before acceptance." They just called me and asked for an official transcript.

If they have called me and asked me to send a set of official transcript, does that mean I got accepted? Because on the website it says "If the admissions committee decides to offer you an acceptance, you will need to request that a set of official transcripts from every post-secondary institution from which you will receive credit be sent to LLU before you will be able to register. Please do not send transcripts before acceptance." They just called me and asked for an official transcript.
so...this is just from what -->I<-- know. Background check and sending of official transcripts comes AFTER the fact. However, you're still asked to provide said information even when placed onto the wait list. Were you not placed onto any given wait list? The rule of thumb - not hearing anything, is always a good thing. Call and ask! Gotta rip that bandage off...!

Last edited:
so...this is just from what -->I<-- know. Background check and sending of official transcripts comes AFTER the fact. However, you're still asking to provide said information even when placed onto the wait list. Were you not placed onto any given wait list? The rule of thumb - not hearing anything, is always a good thing. Call and ask! Gotta rip that bandage off...!

I was placed in High Alternate List but was never asked to provide the official transcript till now.

I was placed in High Alternate List but was never asked to provide the official transcript till now.
if they called...i would imagine that this is a very good sign!

Just a heads up for you guys who are on the high alternate list, etc.. The deadline for payment of the 3rd batch of acceptances is March 24, 2017 at 11:59 PST (100% accurate as this date is in my email from Loma). If there is room in the class (there seemingly is ever year), another batch of acceptances will go out the following week (from our current cycle alone, acceptances have been delivered by phone call via Marlise, on the given Tuesday). Best of luck to you guys! Please note that these are only accounts from my own experiences --- this is all speculation :)

Keep your head up, pray...stay confident, and humble. I have most certainly been in your shoes!

Reactions: 1 users
Do they still invite students for interview??

Do they still invite students for interview??
My understanding is that they interview until they get through everyone. The only downfall to interviewing late is placement on the waitlist.

Has anyone on High Alternate List got accepted?

Hey pals,

I'm a little late to the game here, I was accepted December 1st but didn't know about this page! Do we have a Facebook page?

Hey pals,

I'm a little late to the game here, I was accepted December 1st but didn't know about this page! Do we have a Facebook page?

Congrats on the acceptance! You must've had your applications done early.
There is a FB page. Search Loma Linda School of Dentistry Class of 2021 - I'm not an admin, but they seem to be quick when adding newcomers.

Congrats on the acceptance! You must've had your applications done early.
There is a FB page. Search Loma Linda School of Dentistry Class of 2021 - I'm not an admin, but they seem to be quick when adding newcomers.
Thanks! Yeah I got it done ASAP and had the secondary in before August. And thanks for the help, I found the page! Hope to see you guys soon.

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted from the high alternate list recently?

I turned down my seat yesterday.
I heard that the class is full so I guess someone in high alternate list will get a good news soon. :D
Hope my seat goes to one of you guys.

oh just FYI, my acceptance letter says that second deposit is due on 5/1 so I guess there may be some more seats open (if anyone decides to attend other school) around that time.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Any updates ???

Did anyone from high alternate list get in?