**** The Official Loma Linda (LLU) Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

jylkim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I submitted my secondary on 7/20.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to everyone who is applying! I am part of Class of 2020, so if anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask. :)

Good luck to everyone who is applying! I am part of Class of 2020, so if anyone has any questions about the process, feel free to ask. :)
Is their minimum science GPA 3.2? On their website it says 19 DAT & 3.2 sGPA..

But their average matriculant is 3.46..

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait why?! Cause of your stats?
Apparently if you have a science GPA lower than 3.4, and a QR of 17, even with a 21AA, you automatically get screened out.

I was kinda shocked to be honest.

Apparently if you have a science GPA lower than 3.4, and a QR of 17, even with a 21AA, you automatically get screened out.

I was kinda shocked to be honest.

Wait do you mean that if your SCI GPA is lower than 3.4 its an automatic rejection? i.e. regardless of any other stat?

Wait do you mean that if your SCI GPA is lower than 3.4 its an automatic rejection? i.e. regardless of any other stat?
I don't know if it's an auto, they just said those two things of my specific application. I wonder if I'd had a higher AA, I.E. 23, I wouldn't have been rejected so early.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if it's an auto, they just said those two things of my specific application. I wonder if I'd had a higher AA, I.E. 23, I wouldn't have been rejected so early.

I have a 3.3 sGPA lol.

I emailed admissions asking and this is what they told me so I'm really confused about why they rejected you..

"In order to be competitive you need a Biology/Chemistry/Phyics(BCP) GPA of 3.3 and above. The minimum requirement is 2.7 however it is quite difficult to gain admission if your science GPA is below a 3.0. You would need to show a very strong recent trend or primarily A's & B's in the past year in order to be given an opportunity with a lower science GPA.

Wishing you all the best!"

I emailed admissions asking and this is what they told me so I'm really confused about why they rejected you..

"In order to be competitive you need a Biology/Chemistry/Phyics(BCP) GPA of 3.3 and above. The minimum requirement is 2.7 however it is quite difficult to gain admission if your science GPA is below a 3.0. You would need to show a very strong recent trend or primarily A's & B's in the past year in order to be given an opportunity with a lower science GPA.

Who knows, maybe they just didn't like my name? Ha

Tough break! Sorry about that. I really appreciate your reply, tho.

Yeah that makes sense. Sometimes I don't like how they seem to use BCP and Science GPA interchangeably; mine are pretty different hehe.

Thanks for posting that!

Tough break! Sorry about that. I really appreciate your reply, tho.

Yeah that makes sense. Sometimes I don't like how they seem to use BCP and Science GPA interchangeably; mine are pretty different hehe.

Thanks for posting that!
I feel like I shouldn't even submit a secondary now...

Yeah, I'm not wasting money on the secondary I guess...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah same here, my mentor said not to in the first place & now he's saying DEFINITELY don't. Their matriculating average isn't more than 3.3-3.4. Lol whatever :sour: waste of money for the initial.

I was offered an interview yesterday and I have a 16 QR.

Reactions: 1 users
I think everyone's already answered this pretty sufficiently, haha. It's a min 2.7 GPA to be considered, though the average accepted GPA seems to be around 3.3-3.4.

If you really like LLU, I don't think the average matriculation GPA should deter you from applying. Keep in mind, however, that LLU is not only looking for individuals with a particular set of numbers (though it helps!) but also Christian values/lifestyle. That being sad, I understand that atheists have been accepted to LLU before, but I'm sure they demonstrated strong Christian/Humanitarian values in their essays.

Is their minimum science GPA 3.2? On their website it says 19 DAT & 3.2 sGPA..

But their average matriculant is 3.46..

Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering how long it took you guys to receive the supplemental link after your AADSAS was verified? Mine has been for a week or so and I still haven't heard anything from them.

Hello Everyone,
I was just wondering how long it took you guys to receive the supplemental link after your AADSAS was verified? Mine has been for a week or so and I still haven't heard anything from them.
I submitted my aadsas application on June 2 (it was verified on the 16th) and was contacted by LLU about the secondary application on June 28.

I submitted my aadsas application on June 2 (it was verified on the 16th) and was contacted by LLU about the secondary application on June 28.
okey dokey! Thanks for your reply! I guess I could give them a call to make sure they received everything? Did you have your LOR submitted on the 16th as well? I'm still waiting on my committee letter.

okey dokey! Thanks for your reply! I guess I could give them a call to make sure they received everything? Did you have your LOR submitted on the 16th as well? I'm still waiting on my committee letter.

I didn't submit the spiritual leader LOR until I received the secondary application.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think everyone's already answered this pretty sufficiently, haha. It's a min 2.7 GPA to be considered, though the average accepted GPA seems to be around 3.3-3.4.

If you really like LLU, I don't think the average matriculation GPA should deter you from applying. Keep in mind, however, that LLU is not only looking for individuals with a particular set of numbers (though it helps!) but also Christian values/lifestyle. That being sad, I understand that atheists have been accepted to LLU before, but I'm sure they demonstrated strong Christian/Humanitarian values in their essays.
Do they accept Jewish people? I wrote up all my responses to their spiritual/religious questions regarding my Jewish faith, then realized I might want to ask others if its even worth applying...seems like this school is all about christianity. I think I may hold off in applying.

Can you give some insights into any experiences for non-christians? Also, again, do they accept Jewish people? Would it be weird or uncomfortable to attend if you are Jewish?

Hi! Absolutely, I'm positive that Jewish people are accepted to LLU. I can't find the religious breakdown for last year's Pharmacy class, but I believe it was <25% SDA (this % is higher for the other schools), Catholics, and then everyone else--including atheists. I also remember reading a very positive testimony from a Jewish student!

LLU's "Fundamental Values" are not exclusive to Christianity/SDA: justice, compassion, humility, integrity, excellence, freedom, purity/self-control. If you can demonstrate these values well in your essays/interviews, I wouldn't worry about being rejected by simply having a different faith.

My interviewers, an associate dean and a professor, were funnily both Catholic. I asked the associate dean about what it was like for a non-SDA student at the school, and she told me everyone is very welcoming and inclusive. The professor said no one really cares if you're SDA or not, lol. I haven't actually started my first year yet, so I can't say for sure (I'm Catholic), but it seems like it wouldn't be weird/uncomfortable at all for non-SDAs. :)

EDIT: And oh my, I just realized I am in the Pre-Dental forum and not Pre-Pharm. :smack: Wrong place lol, but I think my answer is still valid!

Do they accept Jewish people? I wrote up all my responses to their spiritual/religious questions regarding my Jewish faith, then realized I might want to ask others if its even worth applying...seems like this school is all about christianity. I think I may hold off in applying.

Can you give some insights into any experiences for non-christians? Also, again, do they accept Jewish people? Would it be weird or uncomfortable to attend if you are Jewish?

Just got an invitation yesterday for an interview! :)

Hey guys, now I'm worried I have yet to take my DAT, sGPA is 3.2 and Overall 3.5 and I have to submit my supplemental soon.
How long were your answers for those supplemental essay questions with a maximum of 4000 words?:shrug:

Hey guys, now I'm worried I have yet to take my DAT, sGPA is 3.2 and Overall 3.5 and I have to submit my supplemental soon.
How long were your answers for those supplemental essay questions with a maximum of 4000 words?:shrug:
Mine were on the shorter side! 1-2000

Hey guys I was invited for interview yesterday! Interview date set for 9/7! (DAT 24 AA 24PAT 23 TS, GPA 3.37)

Reactions: 2 users
I received an interview invite this morning. Date set for 10/5 !
I was quite surprised since one of admin staff specifically addressed her concern about 1. my old transcript 2. having only a few "new" courses 3. having a gap year.
She said that she needs to talk to the academic dean about my file to decide whether she will invite me for interview or not.

good luck to you all!

20AA 20TS 20RC 21QR 22PAT 3.57sGPA 3.76GPA

Interview Invite by email 08/09
Supplemental sent out 07/21
Updated to Complete Email 07/25
TS 19, PAT21
GPA 3.82
CA Resident
Interview date 09/13

Last edited:
I have 18 in DAT 20 in average science I have 20 and my GPA is 3.73 do you think I will get an interview :(

I have 18 in DAT 20 in average science I have 20 and my GPA is 3.73 do you think I will get an interview :(
I honestly can't understand what you got on the DAT from the way you wrote it.. but your GPA is pretty competitive!

I honestly can't understand what you got on the DAT from the way you wrote it.. but your GPA is pretty competitive!
AA is 18 BUT AS is 20 ( like biology, orgo, and gen chem )

AA is 18 BUT AS is 20 ( like biology, orgo, and gen chem )

Oh, okay. I understand. Typically people say TS rather than AS, unless that was a typo. With your high GPA and potentially other factors of your application, it's possible the poor DAT score could be overlooked. I had strong DAT scores, but my GPA was low.

Justtttt to update everyone I withdrew my app after seeing the rejection stats. Good luck everyone wanting to go to LLU! :)

Interview invite
set for sept 14, peculiar thing is they gave out the interview on the same day they notified me that they received everything on Aug 24
sgpa: 3.45/ 23AA
wish me luck and good luck to yall too

Interview invite today!
Scheduled for Oct. 26
Just an fyi: they're scheduling end of oct early nov now

Interview invite
set for sept 14, peculiar thing is they gave out the interview on the same day they notified me that they received everything on Aug 24
sgpa: 3.45/ 23AA
wish me luck and good luck to yall too
My interview is on 9/14 as well! :)

Cool! I'll se you there then :D

BTW does anyone know how long the whole interview day is?
I gotta catch my plane at lax

You might consider flying into Ontario Airport instead. It's much closer to the campus than LAX.

Cool! I'll se you there then :D

BTW does anyone know how long the whole interview day is?
I gotta catch my plane at lax
I just interviewed yesterday, it was very short. I had a 30min one-on-one interview, and then a student gave me a quick tour of the dental school. It was about an hour total. I had a great experience though and was impressed with the campus. Good luck with yours!

Got a question here... Any one NOT part of the religious sect that they are and applied here? I heard they are very biased and didn't bother applying, should have I taken a shot? I am a CA resident