*** The Official LECOM Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all, I got an email saying that "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application" and when I checked the portal it said " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. We will notify you in 30 days." I'm assuming it's a rejection coming via snail mail. :/ Good luck to all those who got interviews!
It's a rejection, unfortunately. I received that message last year when I applied and a rejection letter came via snail mail.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone that got an interview here, does your portal say that you've completed all of the prereqs or no? Mine says I haven't completed any of them..
In the required letters and credits folder, it lists all the prereqs and dated next to them if you have completed them

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I saw that but all of my prereqs have an X next to them indicating that I haven't completed anything, which I have. Are yours like that?
Maybe they have not processed your application ? I received the interview invitation already. If you have completed the prereqs and still get the Xs, you should call them ASAP.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone that got an interview here, does your portal say that you've completed all of the prereqs or no? Mine says I haven't completed any of them..

Did you receive an email with the subject "LECOM Dental Medicine Has Processed Your Supplemental Application" ?

In the email it says, "Prerequisite course deficiencies will be indicated on the Admissions Tab under "Required Courses and Letters". Click "View Folder Items" on the right side of the screen. PLEASE BE PATIENT - THESE DOCUMENTS MUST BE CHECKED IN MANUALLY AND THIS MAY TAKE A FEW WEEKS."

All my items still have red Xs next to them as well, and I paid my supp fee about 3 weeks ago.

Ohh right, I did receive that exact email. My app has been complete a while ago, guess they're still checking in the documents then. Thanks for the heads up

My required stuff were always Xs until i recieved the interview invite from them. So im sure they have recieved all of your stuff. They will just update it once they have made a decision.

School: LECOM
Residency: FL
AADSAS received by school: 6/13
GPA (overall; science): 3.67 GPA; 3.8 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 21/21/22/22/20 - none under 16

Received invitation to interview on 7/24 and am doing my interview on Sept. 28th! Anyone else interviewing this day?

Residency: FL
AADSAS received by school: 6/13
GPA (overall; science): 3.67 GPA; 3.8 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 21/21/22/22/20 - none under 16

Received invitation to interview on 7/24 and am doing my interview on Sept. 28th! Anyone else interviewing this day?
I'll be there on the 28th!

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope the result says otherwise. I received the same email "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application" and that was a week or so ago. I haven't heard back yet and my portal hasn't status hasn't changed. When you got this email, how long after did it take for you to see your lecom portal be updated?

I looked at the email 2 hours after it was sent and by then the portal had already been updated.

Yesterday my LECOM portal admission status was updated to, "Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for futher review. Your will be notified as soon as a decision has been made."

How long after you've received this do they notify you?

Will be interviewing 9/14! If anyone else will be flying in on the 13th and interested in splitting a room please PM me (females only pls)!

Residency: MI
AADSAS received by school: 7/17 (submitted 7/2 on ADEA)
GPA (overall; science): ~3.3 GPA; ~3.2 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR): 21/19/27/23/24
(supplemental processed by school 7/26)

That being said, I honestly was not expecting any interviews this cycle. In addition to feedback from others, it just seemed like my ECs, science background, and experiences were nothing compared to what I had been seeing on good ol SDN. Humbled doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now and I just want to encourage any of you stressing out during this process...just believe in yourself! You've got qualities about you that schools - whether it's this school or another school - want, and they aren't always defined by numbers on an application. Know what you're gifted in and sell yourself! It is a waiting game for most of us at this point but hopefully that can ease a bit of the agony that this process is. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Will be interviewing 9/14! If anyone else will be flying in on the 13th and interested in splitting a room please PM me (females only pls)!

Your stats are great! The sad truth is DAT is all that matters 90% of the time. And a 21 is right where you need to be.

That being said, I honestly was not expecting any interviews this cycle. In addition to feedback from others, it just seemed like my ECs, science background, and experiences were nothing compared to what I had been seeing on good ol SDN. Humbled doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now and I just want to encourage any of you stressing out during this process...just believe in yourself! You've got qualities about you that schools - whether it's this school or another school - want, and they aren't always defined by numbers on an application. Know what you're gifted in and sell yourself! It is a waiting game for most of us at this point but hopefully that can ease a bit of the agony that this process is. Best of luck to everyone!
Agreed. & Congratz!
Most of everyone on SDN have outstanding stats and EC's. And I a pretty sure there are plenty of other applicants not on SDN. On the other hand, I stayed at the motel for my interview in April, it was cheaper but not as pleasant as hotel/Airbnb.

What kind of instruments do they give you for the soap carving exercise?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

About two/three weeks back I got an email from the school saying they received my application and were only waiting on my official DAT scores. My official scores were uploaded just days after and I still have yet to be asked for the supplemental, should I maybe send an email?

About two/three weeks back I got an email from the school saying they received my application and were only waiting on my official DAT scores. My official scores were uploaded just days after and I still have yet to be asked for the supplemental, should I maybe send an email?
I would say it can't hurt. Just wait for them to reply and don't overload their inbox, it took me a week to get a reply on an email I sent them. I'm pretty sure there is just one lady doing most of their admissions legwork.

I was in the exact same boat and just got the supp a couple of days ago! I would wait it out like a week, then maybe email them. After receiving my official DAT scores, it took them awhile to send it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just got an email saying my supplemental app has been processed. How long after that till they make a decision?

I received an email (Aug 12th) thanking me for applying and I paid the supplemental fee. I went to AADSAS and still my status under LECOM says "none". I went to the portal to see the status and also to see if all the required letters and credits were uploaded but it was blank. Is this normal?

I'm sorry to hear that, I hope the result says otherwise. I received the same email "The Office of Admissions at LECOM Bradenton has processed your supplemental application" and that was a week or so ago. I haven't heard back yet and my portal hasn't status hasn't changed. When you got this email, how long after did it take for you to see your lecom portal be updated?

Did you find out yet? I got the same email from them and wanted to know if it's an indication of anything.

Did you find out yet? I got the same email from them and wanted to know if it's an indication of anything.

I think we're in the same boat, my status still says its sent to the committee for review. Also I read from others here that the required letters and prereqs section can generally stay unchecked for awhile and that it gets updated once they hear about their interview status

I think we're in the same boat, my status still says its sent to the committee for review. Also I read from others here that the required letters and prereqs section can generally stay unchecked for awhile and that it gets updated once they hear about their interview status

Same status here.

Under the required letters and prereqs tab it says "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received".

Under the required letters and prereqs tab it says "No folder items which meet the requirements have been received".

It says that for me as well along with that it has a bunch of prereqs with boxes next to them even though I've taken these classes. My best guess is that they haven't had the chance to manual enter these in for us yet

Excited to meet some of you tomorrow :)

Last edited:
If I submit my aadsas app for this school today, do I have to wait for an email for the supplemental?

I applied in June, received an email on July 17th that my supplemental app was processed and to hang tight, but all of my required classes, letters of rec are still not checked off and I still haven't heard from them. Is that normal? Should it be taking this long to hear or just check mark my boxes that I have the materials? Thank you

I applied in June, received an email on July 17th that my supplemental app was processed and to hang tight, but all of my required classes, letters of rec are still not checked off and I still haven't heard from them. Is that normal? Should it be taking this long to hear or just check mark my boxes that I have the materials? Thank you
I have the same exact problem! I guess its normal

For those wondering, I agree with the others that said LECOM has one of the most relaxing interview days. The group setting was nice because you can agree with others and build on what they said.

Interview on 9/14 and already booked flights! If anyone wants to split costs at one of the hotels w/ free breakfast listed in the email, PM me!

Do you guys think it'll be worth to apply here with these stats:
3.25oGPA, 3.0sGPA, and 17AA DAT?

does anyone have any experience with LECOM's DAT requirement/preference, range they usually except year to year and if they like to see balanced scores. Any information is helpful and asking for a friend

LECOM's avg DAT and GPA for the last class was a 3.55/ 20

For those wondering, I agree with the others that said LECOM has one of the most relaxing interview days. The group setting was nice because you can agree with others and build on what they said.

around how many questions did they ask, and were everyone given chance to answer each question?

around how many questions did they ask, and were everyone given chance to answer each question?
I think there was around 6 questions and in my group everyone got a chance to answer

LECOM is now fully accredited btw, like without reporting, just thought Id throw this here, and they do wax carvings instead of soap carvings which was a problem of the past.

Do they ask your more basic interview questions like greatest strength/weakness etc.?

Hello all,

I sent in my application last Tuesday, and the app was verified with official DAT uploaded last Friday. Although I received "application received" or "application complete" from most of the schools I applied to, I didn't receive anything from LECOM, not even an acknowledgement that they received my application... I emailed them and no luck. Should I be worried or wait some more?

Status
Not open for further replies.