*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone started looking for apartments yet? I am going at the end of May to look for an apartment. If you know any good ones (either close, or good price with a little bit of driving), please PM me. TIA!

Anyone started looking for apartments yet? I am going at the end of May to look for an apartment. If you know any good ones (either close, or good price with a little bit of driving), please PM me. TIA!
Lostcreek apartments are close and I believe you get to have discount for being a lecom student. check the Facebook page, it has a lot of announcements..

Lostcreek apartments are close and I believe you get to have discount for being a lecom student. check the Facebook page, it has a lot of announcements..

I was actually weighing pros and cosn of living close vs farther.
If I live close, I can probably walk or bike to school. Then we will not require us to get a second car for my commute.
If I go farther out, then we have to get a second car, which will make us cough up initial cost, insurance and maintenance.

How much discount do they give?

I went to the facebook page, but there really wasn't much on it. I may have been looking at the wrong page though.

Yes, studying for the DAT AGAIN and waiting for a miracle hahaha
you can say that again! I've been working with two tutors a few times a week since March. the one teaching me biology was named the best science tutor in the east coast, so I'm praying this time will be it! I'm 27 so a lot of the information I learned years ago :/ they're basically re-teaching me bio, Chem, orgo, & math lol
but good luck to anyone still waiting on the waitlist & to all those studying all over again! :D

Reactions: 2 users
yes!!!! i sent something every month... some had new update and some were just "let the admissions committee know that i'm still interested"....
Can you give some examples as to what you sent to them every month? They were all by email I'm assuming? Thank you in advance

Can you give some examples as to what you sent to them every month? They were all by email I'm assuming? Thank you in advance
yes.. all my e-mail.. I was interviewed in January and was waitlisted in feb.. so in feb I sent updates regarding my fall grades which were not originally updated on my aadsas or sent to lisa. In March, I gave them updates regarding my shadowing and dental experience as well as more community services I have started since my graduation in december. Early April I sent them one sentence that I was still interested. And then I got accepted end of april... I also called lisa every month before every email and talked to her about what to do and why I want to get accepted and she would give me advice on what to write..

Reactions: 1 user
yes.. all my e-mail.. I was interviewed in January and was waitlisted in feb.. so in feb I sent updates regarding my fall grades which were not originally updated on my aadsas or sent to lisa. In March, I gave them updates regarding my shadowing and dental experience as well as more community services I have started since my graduation in december. Early April I sent them one sentence that I was still interested. And then I got accepted end of april... I also called lisa every month before every email and talked to her about what to do and why I want to get accepted and she would give me advice on what to write..
Wow that was very insightful. Thank you so much and congratulations!! ^^

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there another deposit deadline for students or is it basically the end for those of us on the waitlist? This is pretty depressing. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
I spoke to Lisa and can confirm that the class is full and that there is not another deposit deadline due for students. Here's to hoping for any type of movement for those of us still on the waitlist.

I really thought I had a good chance of getting into Lecom :/ My friend who attends the dental school even wrote a letter of recommendation for me.
I am a re-applicant so it looks like I am finished chasing my dream.
I can't spend another year applying and if I don't get in I will fall into depression. Best of luck to everyone moving forward. It has been a stressful few years to say the least. But everyday is a valuable lesson is learned.

Last edited:
I really thought I had a good chance of getting into Lecom :/ My friend who attends the dental school even wrote a letter of recommendation for me.
I am a re-applicant so it looks like I am finished chasing my dream.
I can't spend another year applying and if I don't get in I will fall into depression. Best of luck to everyone moving forward. It has been a stressful few years to say the least. But everyday is a valuable lesson is learned.
Give it 3 years I got in to western university during my third cycle. you got this

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I spoke to Lisa and can confirm that the class is full and that there is not another deposit deadline due for students. Here's to hoping for any type of movement for those of us still on the waitlist.

Did she happen to mention how many people are still on the wait list? I'm assuming probably 100 something.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did she happen to mention how many people are still on the wait list? I'm assuming probably 100 something.

Yes, she said there were around 100 people still on the waitlist. Apparently, the majority of the waitlist movement already occurred in April - and I assume many of those applicants are not a part of SDN (which explains the perceived lack of waitlist movement this year).

How many shadowing hours did you guys have? I know LECOM recommends 100 but I was just curious to how many people who were accepted had?

How many shadowing hours did you guys have? I know LECOM recommends 100 but I was just curious to how many people who were accepted had?
I personally have over 1500 hours of shadowing...

I will be dropping my seat and hope it goes to someone deserving of it. Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
I am dropping my seat as well. Good luck and hope a deserving person hears from LECOM soon! Take care! =]

Reactions: 2 users
Did you speak to Lisa regarding this? I have not been able to get through to anyone at LECOM this past week.

Someone in the "Normal Threads" mentioned someone receiving an acceptance this week and asked whether or not he/she should accept the offer over another school. I am assuming LECOM would fill their class as soon as possible at this point because they start soon.

wow guys, I can't believe it. I was accepted into LECOM after my interview in December. I cried when I found out. I took the DAT 3 times, and got rejected everywhere both times except LECOM. I thought all hope was lost. Wish me luck. I really wish the best for everyone. Don't quit if this is your dream.

Reactions: 7 users
wow guys, I can't believe it. I was accepted into LECOM after my interview in December. I cried when I found out. I took the DAT 3 times, and got rejected everywhere both times except LECOM. I thought all hope was lost. Wish me luck. I really wish the best for everyone. Don't quit if this is your dream.

congrats! I know what kind of emotion you are going through!.

Hope to see you in a few weeks. You got some paperwork to get ready. Apartment shopping as well. There are two close ones to the campus and they are called creekside and lost creek. It's more expensive than others, but I think they are worth the money. Join the facebook group to look for a room or roomate.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553562118135963/

Congrats! I'm hoping to get the opportunity to join you.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a room for rent in a 2 bedroom/1.5 bath townhouse in Millcreek. I'm a quiet female in my late 20s, out of the house a lot. Apartment has washer/dryer in basement, community has a pool. House is furnished, bedroom has new bed. Plenty of parking. No pets. Utilities included with wifi. Short term is fine. PM for more info

I just wanted to say, don't EVER give up on your dreams! I am a non traditional applicant. I have gone through the application process three cycles, and wait listed at a few schools this time around.

I say this because, as of 8:07 am CDT this morning, I was ACCEPTED to LECOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dream is finally coming true, and I never gave up my hope. I can't wait to get to Bradenton and meet my classmates for the Class of 2020!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I just wanted to say, don't EVER give up on your dreams! I am a non traditional applicant. I have gone through the application process three cycles, and wait listed at a few schools this time around.

I say this because, as of 8:07 am CDT this morning, I was ACCEPTED to LECOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My dream is finally coming true, and I never gave up my hope. I can't wait to get to Bradenton and meet my classmates for the Class of 2020!

congrats! Welcome to class of 2020.
There are quite a lot of paperwork to do. Get started early as they are due pretty soon, even though I am sure they will give you some slack since you got accepted close to start of class.
Things you will need are health check, immunization record(titer levels, so you have to get blood drawn for lab),official transcript. Not to mention the financial aid!

Again, congrats!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/553562118135963/ join the facebook group!

Congratulations!!! I will see you in 3 short weeks! In addition to the paper work.. you must call the scrubs people and order your scrubs.. it takes 2 weeks for them to be made.. you can do it through the phone, you just have to go to a uniform outlet and try on the specific scrubs designated for our class..

Congratulations!!! I will see you in 3 short weeks! In addition to the paper work.. you must call the scrubs people and order your scrubs.. it takes 2 weeks for them to be made.. you can do it through the phone, you just have to go to a uniform outlet and try on the specific scrubs designated for our class..

is it any uniform outlet? or is there one specifically for lecom?

is it any uniform outlet? or is there one specifically for lecom?
there is one specifically for lecom, but it is in bradenton.. so because I won't be able to be in bradenton soon, i called them and they were nice enough to help me order through the phone.. the issue is that once you bought these scrubs, you can't ever return them, because it is going to have your name monogrammed on them.. so I had to make sure the size is perfect. They also give you a bunch of different styles and you get to pick one of them, so I went to the uniform outlet near me, i tried all those styles on, and I went back home and gave the bradenton people a call and ordered them through the phone...

there is one specifically for lecom, but it is in bradenton.. so because I won't be able to be in bradenton soon, i called them and they were nice enough to help me order through the phone.. the issue is that once you bought these scrubs, you can't ever return them, because it is going to have your name monogrammed on them.. so I had to make sure the size is perfect. They also give you a bunch of different styles and you get to pick one of them, so I went to the uniform outlet near me, i tried all those styles on, and I went back home and gave the bradenton people a call and ordered them through the phone...

thanks for the detailed info. Isn't the first set free? Does school order that for us or do we still go through these people?

thanks for the detailed info. Isn't the first set free? Does school order that for us or do we still go through these people?
I dont think the first set is free.. but they sure give you a discount. You still have to order everything from the same place..

I dont think the first set is free.. but they sure give you a discount. You still have to order everything from the same place..

I think I remember hearing that the first set is free, and the subsequent ones we pay for them, so I was trying to decide if I should rock just one free pair all 5 days a week and get eye rolls from classmates, or buy a couple extra ones on top of the free one.

Anyone heard the same thing as I did? am I dreaming? did I hear this from other school and think it was lecom?

I think I remember hearing that the first set is free, and the subsequent ones we pay for them, so I was trying to decide if I should rock just one free pair all 5 days a week and get eye rolls from classmates, or buy a couple extra ones on top of the free one.

Anyone heard the same thing as I did? am I dreaming? did I hear this from other school and think it was lecom?
They are Not free. You buy them from a 3rd party store, Scrub Club. I ordered mine already (4 sets) cost about $160 with 20% discount for LECOM Students.

Here is their number: (941) 755-9669

Last edited:
They are Not free. You buy them from a 3rd party store, Scrub Club. I ordered mine already (4 sets) cost about $160 with 20% discount for LECOM Students.

Here is their number: (941) 755-9669

Where did i hear its about 20 per pair. Thats kinda expensive for scrubs. Wow.

Where did i hear its about 20 per pair. Thats kinda expensive for scrubs. Wow.
They used to be even more money. This year we are using Wonderwork which is a bit less than the old brand, Cherokee. The higher price also is because there is dual embroidering for your name on one side and LECOM on the other side.

I've sent updates every two weeks, multiple letters of rec, etc. This is was my second time interviewing at Lecom. Everyday has been so stressful since my interview in January. I graduated undergrad 2013, took the DAT twice, took over 22 credits of classes to raise my gpa. Went through three application cycles. I even did a masters program graduated top 10 in my class. I've been busting my butt off and can never catch a break. This entire process is giving me grey hairs. What am I doing wrong... I seriously can't go through a 4th cycle I've spent so much money....

I've sent updates every two weeks, multiple letters of rec, etc. This is was my second time interviewing at Lecom. Everyday has been so stressful since my interview in January. I graduated undergrad 2013, took the DAT twice, took over 22 credits of classes to raise my gpa. Went through three application cycles. I even did a masters program graduated top 10 in my class. I've been busting my butt off and can never catch a break. This entire process is giving me grey hairs. What am I doing wrong... I seriously can't go through a 4th cycle I've spent so much money....
PMed you

i feel you mostly beccause I felt so entitled to get in until i realized there are more than enough qualified applicants out there. If they didn't pick you, that just means there were someone they liked better, not necessarily because you are a bad applicant.

I have a somewhat mediocre GPA, but strong DAT to back it up, have decent volunteer hours, but have inconsistencies in them. I still was very hopeful because my DAT was fairly strong, even compared with ever-rising DAT averages reported by SDN'ers. In reality, I wasn't any special. If they only had to go by DAT or GPA or post bacc scores, they would have those and they would ONLY have those in the class.

I think it's important to realize that they are looking for a person that fits their mission and the criteria. I am very grateful that I got into two schools this year (although not as prestigious as others), but if I had to do it again, I am not sure if I will fare any better than someone who just graduated from college. I

Stay strong!

Last edited: