*** The Official LECOM Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Whats your resource on this? Im a current student and I can tell you we all love the faculty and theres plenty of students doing GPR/AEGD and specialty residencies next year.
74% of LECOM students failed part 2 of their boards :eek:. Do a little bit of research throughout the Internet, and perhaps do what I did and speak to an Adcom who will tell you "if your goal is to specialize then LECOM won't be a good option." Most of the students your referring to that are doing GPR/AEGD are doing so because of the lack of clinical experience. form your own opinion but a 74% fail rate is crazy:wow:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
74% of LECOM students failed part 2 of their boards :eek:. Do a little bit of research throughout the Internet, and perhaps do what I did and speak to an Adcom who will tell you "if your goal is to specialize then LECOM won't be a good option." Most of the students your referring to that are doing GPR/AEGD are doing so because of the lack of clinical experience. form your own opinion but a 74% fail rate is crazy:wow:
A. that was the first class that LECOM has ever had, one class can only reflect the clinical education of THAT particular year. I can assure you a lot has changed and the kinks are ironed out. B. 2 matched OS and 2 matched ortho, two of the most competitive specialties, and that is pretty average for most schools esp a class of 100. I do not know what other specialties their year got into but this is from that SAME class that apparently had a 74% failure rate. I can bet that there is none or little issue with specializing and more opportunities will be given once more students prove to be awarded acceptances to postgrad programs. With the ADAT being rolled out, I can imagine less discrimination will be made against a new P/F school. The internet won't be able to tell you all this stuff so research all you want. UF and Nova both have a longer history of teaching dentistry, but I bet they are not perfect either.

At my interview the faculty actually told us that specializing will be difficult after attending LECOM because it is pass fail. They actually admitted to telling students not to get their hopes up, then admitted being surprised when two students were accepted into ortho

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
At my interview the faculty actually told us that specializing will be difficult after attending LECOM because it is pass fail. They actually admitted to telling students not to get their hopes up, then admitted being surprised when two students were accepted into ortho

Good thing they know what they're talking about. Obviously if they're surprised they don't know much about what is going on and what their students are accomplishing.

Do you suppose there really have been no acceptances in the past two weeks, or are they possibly just missing the SDN members? April was supposed to be a big month....

Do you suppose there really have been no acceptances in the past two weeks, or are they possibly just missing the SDN members? April was supposed to be a big month....

wondering the same thing, but not just for LECOM. checked acceptance thread and not many in April and this week. Hopefully they will start rolling in...and...

Reactions: 1 users
will be dropping my seat tomorrow! hopefully one of you guys gets my spot

Reactions: 3 users
anyone know how many ppl are on waiting list? i haven't really seen many ppl dropping this year...

so no one heard anything yet? the wait is killing me... i would rather know that there are no hopes and move on than to wait with a slight hope!

Just dropped my spot last night, so hoping for good news for one of you soon.

just received my acceptance e-mail!!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just received my acceptance e-mail!!!!!!

CONGRATS! After you were wait-listed, did you do anything to update them or a letter of intent? Any advice for those trying to get off the wait-list?

Reactions: 1 user
CONGRATS! After you were wait-listed, did you do anything to update them or a letter of intent? Any advice for those trying to get off the wait-list?
yes!!!! i sent something every month... some had new update and some were just "let the admissions committee know that i'm still interested"....

Hey guys I'm interested in finding a female roommate. Message me if anyone is interested :) thank you!

By this time last year, the waitlist had been gone through a significant portion - at least from what seemed like the SDN population. This wait and the perceived stagnation of the waitlist is really getting to me. Ugh.

The class size is 100??? Ugh great..... onto my 4th application cycle.

yup 100 seats. I'll be in my third cycle...
been studying with two tutors for the DAT so hopefully third time will be the charm! I'm also 27 so not getting any younger! lol

been studying with two tutors for the DAT so hopefully third time will be the charm! I'm also 27 so not getting any younger! lol

Best of luck to you. Hang in there!

Best of luck to you. Hang in there!
you too! who knows how often people drop their spots. I think it's happening pretty often now. people could even be pulling themselves off the waitlist. that'll increase our chances at least! lol

you too! who knows how often people drop their spots. I think it's happening pretty often now. people could even be pulling themselves off the waitlist. that'll increase our chances at least! lol

Ahhhh you're right and I sure hope so :( but knowing that there are 120 ppl on the waitlist is a shot to the heart lol

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that LECOM DOES have 2 linkage programs for there dental school. LECOM postbac (in erie) and LECOM medical masters (in bradenton...I am currently enrolling in this program). Both programs is a 9 month program that lets you take medical/dental core classes with other students. If you maintain above a 3.0 above the program (don't be fooled, does take dedication) and you receive an a interview for the 2017 class. Spots are reserved for us and everyone I know who received an interview through this program got accepted. You have to really mess up to not get accepted after the interview.

Check out the subforums on SDN on postpac of current applicants. There is still time to apply for both programs for next year if you are planning to reapply. I recommend this program.
Also, BOTH programs accepts you LOR, transcripts, application from current ADEA so filling out everything will be very easy. I know the deadline for the bradenton campus is May 1st so I recommend to apply now! PM if you want more information

here is links for both programs. I noticed people dont talk about these programs on the dental forums.
http://lecom.edu/academics/masters-degree-programs/master-of-medical-science/
http://lecom.edu/admissions/entranc...ces-post-baccalaureate-entrance-requirements/

EDIT: I am currently on the waitlist and probably wont get accepted at this point and started looking at alternatives. Hope this helps!

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that LECOM DOES have 2 linkage programs for there dental school. LECOM postbac (in erie) and LECOM medical masters (in bradenton...I am currently enrolling in this program). Both programs is a 9 month program that lets you take medical/dental core classes with other students. If you maintain above a 3.0 above the program (don't be fooled, does take dedication) and you receive an a interview for the 2017 class. Spots are reserved for us and everyone I know who received an interview through this program got accepted. You have to really mess up to not get accepted after the interview.

Check out the subforums on SDN on postpac of current applicants. There is still time to apply for both programs for next year if you are planning to reapply. I recommend this program.
Also, BOTH programs accepts you LOR, transcripts, application from current ADEA so filling out everything will be very easy. I know the deadline for the bradenton campus is May 1st so I recommend to apply now! PM if you want more information

here is links for both programs. I noticed people dont talk about these programs on the dental forums.
http://lecom.edu/academics/masters-degree-programs/master-of-medical-science/
http://lecom.edu/admissions/entranc...ces-post-baccalaureate-entrance-requirements/

EDIT: I am currently on the waitlist and probably wont get accepted at this point and started looking at alternatives. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

weren't the final deposits already due? people are still allowed to drop their spots?

weren't the final deposits already due? people are still allowed to drop their spots?
I'm not sure on that date. I remember someone saying that Lisa said around 25 students dropped out last year between April and May. so idk if ppl can drop out in May even!

I'm not sure on that date. I remember someone saying that Lisa said around 25 students dropped out last year between April and May. so idk if ppl can drop out in May even!

from personally talking to Lisa last week, I can confirm that she's waiting on 10 people to put the deposits down. Seats that are not taken will be offered to waitlisters. She said they need to send in their deposits by the end of the week next week.

I am just curious, did anyone who thought they completely F'ed up their group interview get accepted? I know I wasn't even trying too hard because group interview was just not my style. I just answered very briefly nonchalantly to every question.

from personally talking to Lisa last week, I can confirm that she's waiting on 10 people to put the deposits down. Seats that are not taken will be offered to waitlisters. She said they need to send in their deposits by the end of the week next week.

Did she say when the waitlist will start moving ? I'm hoping its the week after..

anyone dropped their seat today or planning to this week? This wait is really killing me

Last edited:
anyone know when the orientation/start date is? White coat ceremony? Looking at last year's calendar, it looks like white coat ceremony was in January ? We don't do it before we start?
Oh and if anyone knows a good place to find a 2~3 bedroom apartments, please PM me. I will be heading to bradenton area at the end of May to look for apartments for my wife and me

Thanks in advance.

anyone know when the orientation/start date is? White coat ceremony? Looking at last year's calendar, it looks like white coat ceremony was in January ? We don't do it before we start?
Oh and if anyone knows a good place to find a 2~3 bedroom apartments, please PM me. I will be heading to bradenton area at the end of May to look for apartments for my wife and me

Thanks in advance.
You got in ?!

good luck everyone, there are people who are still giving up their seats, our due date to pay the deposit was last friday, so maybe there will be some movements on the waitlist this week... don't give up.. there are still chances... I hope we all end up being classmates!

Reactions: 2 users
good luck everyone, there are people who are still giving up their seats, our due date to pay the deposit was last friday, so maybe there will be some movements on the waitlist this week... don't give up.. there are still chances... I hope we all end up being classmates!

next deposit due date is coming up, this friday.

Reactions: 2 users
is there c/o 2020 facebook group? didn't come up in a search. Would love to meet future classmates.

does anyone know where to get extracted teeth?