***The Official Indiana University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have my interview on Thursday and was wondering approximately how long it takes to get to the actual building by foot? Like walking from the parking structure? The directions in the email make it seem like it's kinda far

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #2, what a day! So so so sooooo grateful!!!!:bow:

Reactions: 1 user
I have my interview on Thursday and was wondering approximately how long it takes to get to the actual building by foot? Like walking from the parking structure? The directions in the email make it seem like it's kinda far
If you're parking in the Vermont garage, it's not far at all. Three minute walk max.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3! OOS

Anyone whose already interviewed, how many people are at each interview total for the day?

Does anyone happen to know if a research component on the application is really favored in order to obtain an interview?

Did anyone have an interview who didn't have research experience?

Does anyone happen to know if a research component on the application is really favored in order to obtain an interview?

Had no research whatsoever and I received an interview

Members don't see this ad :)

Did anyone have an interview who didn't have research experience?
I'm OOS with no research and I just interviewed there last week

Does anyone know the interview dates for IU this fall? I know they had September interviews. I'm assuming the others will be in October and November?

Does anyone know the interview dates for IU this fall? I know they had September interviews. I'm assuming the others will be in October and November?
Yeah they should have some more dates. They told us that they will have all of their interviews done before December. No spring interviews this year

***edit: more November interviews*** I was just in the admissions office today. There are 2 more days of interviews next week (1st week of October) and those are the final interviews. All decisions will be sent out December 1st. As far as IS/OOS acceptance. The class profile is generally ~70-75 in state and ~30-35 out of state. Good luck to you all in the remainder of this cycle!

Last edited:
I was just in the admissions office today. There are 2 more days of interviews next week (1st week of October) and those are the final interviews. All decisions will be sent out December 1st. As far as IS/OOS acceptance. The class profile is generally ~70-75 in state and ~30-35 out of state. Good luck to you all in the remainder of this cycle!
really... 2 more interview dates for the whole class?

I was just in the admissions office today. There are 2 more days of interviews next week (1st week of October) and those are the final interviews. All decisions will be sent out December 1st. As far as IS/OOS acceptance. The class profile is generally ~70-75 in state and ~30-35 out of state. Good luck to you all in the remainder of this cycle!
Are you sure????? cause the email I got today says "We will extend interview offers to qualified applicants through early November 2017." I submitted my application late august/early september...

The email I received once my application was complete said the same thing...they would be extending interviews through early November. So I don't know. I hope that is not true. They said they were going to have 3 waves, so I only know them to begin interviews in September and they will be finished next week? I wish they would say the first wave will be in Sept., the second in October and the third in Nov., that way if we don't hear from them at least we know. AHHHHHHH. This is so stressful.

Reactions: 1 users
I declined my interview invite 2 weeks ago, so i hope somebody gets it!

The email I received once my application was complete said the same thing...they would be extending interviews through early November. So I don't know. I hope that is not true. They said they were going to have 3 waves, so I only know them to begin interviews in September and they will be finished next week? I wish they would say the first wave will be in Sept., the second in October and the third in Nov., that way if we don't hear from them at least we know. AHHHHHHH. This is so stressful.
Na it's till November I emailed.

Sorry all, he must've meant it was the last interview for this wave. 3rd wave interviews coming for Nov.

Last edited:
Can someone who has already interviewed here please explain how the entire day goes on the day of the interview?

For those that interviewed, how is the interview process? Should I be preparing something? I have it this Wed! Please help me out!

For those that interviewed, how is the interview process? Should I be preparing something? I have it this Wed! Please help me out!
Typical interview day: interviews, tour of the school, financial aid presentation, writing section, lunch, and student panel. Don't stress...they make the interview day a great experience.

Typical interview day: interviews, tour of the school, financial aid presentation, writing section, lunch, and student panel. Don't stress...they make the interview day a great experience.
What's the writing section?

Has anyone received an in invite for an interview in November?

Has anyone received an in invite for an interview in November?
I'm really hoping and praying for a November interview. I'm assuming they'll send them out towards the end of this month. It's so frustrating! Best of luck to you though!

Ugh me too. I’m stressed out MAJOR! Good luck to you as well!!

Attended a virtual fair today hosted in collaboration with my graduate program. They said the last batch of invites are going out by the end of this week.. so if you don't get an invite by the end of this week, at least it'll relieve your anxiety knowing you're not going to hear from them at all...

. Well hopefully so. Not trying to be facetious, however, I am very skeptical of what people “hear” as opposed to fact. An earlier SDN member said the wave of interviews in October was the last one and clearly was not true. I’m not saying you are wrong by any means, I appreciate the feedback and hope you are right as opposed to waiting all month and wondering. My application was sent in July 31, but was not completely verified until Sept. 9, so I think that really hurt me. Idk...sorry for the catharsis, everyone knows how stressful this whole process can be.

Interview #2
Notification date: 10/17
Method of notification: email
Residency: Canada
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/31
Application complete date: 09/08
GPA (Bio,chem,phys, & overall): 3.7, 3.49
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/21/none

Pumped to visit IU to interview in November!

OMG I have a November interview too!

Reactions: 3 users
. Well hopefully so. Not trying to be facetious, however, I am very skeptical of what people “hear” as opposed to fact. An earlier SDN member said the wave of interviews in October was the last one and clearly was not true. I’m not saying you are wrong by any means, I appreciate the feedback and hope you are right as opposed to waiting all month and wondering. My application was sent in July 31, but was not completely verified until Sept. 9, so I think that really hurt me. Idk...sorry for the catharsis, everyone knows how stressful this whole process can be.
Congrats to all of you who got the interview!
I'm in the same boat as far as submitting since June but didn't get verified til September since my reference retired.
I think that hurt my chance quite a bit.
However, since completion, my AADSAS stats still doesn't go to under review:(
Trying to keep my hopes up!

So they told me this first hand.. the virtual fair was with the admissions committee :/

So they told me this first hand.. the virtual fair was with the admissions committee :/

This is sad but true, Just called to speak with Ms. Tolen and she confirmed:( 2 more days to hold your fingers crossed.

This is sad but true, Just called to speak with Ms. Tolen and she confirmed:( 2 more days to hold your fingers crossed.

Do you think the last batch of interviews was given last night??

:(

Do you think the last batch of interviews was given last night??

:(
No idea how they do the batching thing..but she certainly didn't sound too enthusiastic...more of a sad & pity for you voice if you haven't heard from us. :boom:

Just got my interview invite it's my first one and im out of state and had pretty average grades so i'm pretty excited:happy:.

Just got my interview invite it's my first one and im out of state and had pretty average grades so i'm pretty excited:happy:.

Did you have any dental experience outside of shadowing? If you don't mind me asking.
Also, which state? Congrats on the interview! Seems like they are still giving them out

Status
Not open for further replies.