***The Official Howard University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what it says on the website, that the minimum criteria for the DAT is 18 in each section, but looking at last years thread people were getting interviews with subsection(s) lower than 18 (however I don't exactly remember if they were accepted or not).
If it helps, I submitted my application here with a section lower than 18 so we'll see how it goes haha!
loll, I have to take the test this Monday, but I don't feel I would do well on it, however I ll just try my luck. So much nervous and stressed :(
BEST LUCK:love: I hope everyone applied get accepted! Amin :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
loll, I have to take the test this Monday, but I don't feel I would do well on it, however I ll just try my luck. So much nervous and stressed :(
BEST LUCK:love: I hope everyone applied get accepted! Amin :)

I wish you the absolute best on the test!! Get a good nights rest and think positively because from my personal experience taking it twice it's DRAINING but you just have to believe in yourself and push forward.

Hello Future Dentists :)
I have a question, I have not got the right answer yet, does anyone know HU asks for 18 in each section on DAT or what exactly? :uhno::uhno::eek:

That's what it says on the website, that the minimum criteria for the DAT is 18 in each section, but looking at last years thread people were getting interviews with subsection(s) lower than 18 (however I don't exactly remember if they were accepted or not).
If it helps, I submitted my application here with a section lower than 18 so we'll see how it goes haha!
Usually once applicants get interviews it means their stats were enough so I guess they must be lenient based on previous threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your stats? I'm in similar situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they will start giving interviews?

GPA: 3.49 (taking a few classes that should bring it up a bit by the academic update).
AA/TS/PAT/RC/any below 17: 19/20/18/21/ QR (16 :()
Your stats are great. Don't worry! :) QR is the not the most looked at, based on my research... at least.

Your stats are great. Don't worry! :) QR is the not the most looked at, based on my research... at least.

Thank you! Yeah I've seen a few SDNers with a 16 receive interviews so that eased my mind a bit. Howard is my top school so I'm really hoping to hear good news from them in September! I love D.C and all my friends live close by (and my cousin went here for DS too!)

Thank you! Yeah I've seen a few SDNers with a 16 receive interviews so that eased my mind a bit. Howard is my top school so I'm really hoping to hear good news from them in September! I love D.C and all my friends live close by (and my cousin went here for DS too!)
Cool, yes, same boat! Family went here, love D.C., live local, went to school in DC at GWU, have friends there too. ☺️ Haha! I hope we both get in, pretty please!

Cool, yes, same boat! Family went here, love D.C., live local, went to school in DC at GWU, have friends there too. ☺️ Haha! I hope we both get in, pretty please!

Nice! I went to VCU! That's so cool! And I hope so haha. I'm thinking we should hear back sometime in September from my research in past threads lol

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,
Dose anyone know how the schools you applied for will receive your DAT score (Officially) from the prometric center?

Hello Everyone,
Dose anyone know how the schools you applied for will receive your DAT score (Officially) from the prometric center?

It takes about 2-3 weeks and the DAT score will link to your application. If it's been more than three weeks or you want to check to see if they can already link the score, you can call ADEA and they might be able to link it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It takes about 2-3 weeks and the DAT score will link to your application. If it's been more than three weeks or you want to check to see if they can already link the score, you can call ADEA and they might be able to link it.

Thank You so much PredentalPrincess :) <3
I had my DAT in August 28. I think it might need some more time right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank You so much PredentalPrincess :) <3
I had my DAT in August 28. I think it might need some more time right?

Congrats! I hope it went well! :) Yes, I would call in about 2 weeks if it's not up because they may be able to link it by then. I don't think I received a notification when mine was verified, I just happened to log in and see it.

Hope you did well Willmah, I took mine the same day...lost my license and almost couldn't take it! Anyone gotten to ask about scholarships/aid for HU Dental? I called today but kept getting rerouted.

Hope you did well Willmah, I took mine the same day...lost my license and almost couldn't take it! Anyone gotten to ask about scholarships/aid for HU Dental? I called today but kept getting rerouted.
I'm really sorry to hear that :(
I took it but my score was not high enough, I have sections 16, 17, and even 15 :(
I called the ADEA this morning and they asked me if the Prometric center asked me to pick schools to send the score to but I was Like NO! no one told me that :/
So, He told me to go back to the Prometric center and do so :/
and I haven't got back from HU yet. I'm already stressed from now lol

Congrats! I hope it went well! :) Yes, I would call in about 2 weeks if it's not up because they may be able to link it by then. I don't think I received a notification when mine was verified, I just happened to log in and see it.

It was not that good :( I had sections 16, 17, 15 no higher than that :(

I took it but my score was not high enough, I have sections 16, 17, and even 15 :(
I called the ADEA this morning and they asked me if the Prometric center asked me to pick schools to send the score to but I was Like NO! no one told me that :/
You shouldn't apply this cycle. If you already have..then let schools know you will be retaking and schedule a retake as soon as possible and study hard.
If you haven't applied yet, then focus on studying for the DAT and apply early next cycle.

Its fine, I was still able to take it thank goodness! I haven't even finished my personal statement to apply because I was so nervous on what I'd make. I'm sure you'll do better on your retake. Lmk if you (or anyone else on this thread) needs help on your DAT, I got 23TS/23AA

You shouldn't apply this cycle. If you already have..then let schools know you will be retaking and schedule a retake as soon as possible and study hard.
If you haven't applied yet, then focus on studying for the DAT and apply early next cycle.

I hope you know that just because you score well on one test doesn't mean it is the whole application or tell you that you would be a great dentist. I would apply still and give it a shot she may have other things on her app that attract certain schools.

I hope you know that just because you score well on one test doesn't mean it is the whole application or tell you that you would be a great dentist. I would apply still and give it a shot she may have other things on her app that attract certain schools.
She stated she had gotten a 15, which is well below the cut-offs for certain schools. She would probably be screened out based on that alone. The average for matriculated students was 20.28, and probably having 1 score that is low (<18) would be ok, but multiple is not- she stated she did not get any higher than 17. I don't think you should encourage her to apply (if she hasn't yet) because the DAT is the equalizer and she may have excellent extracurriculars, but those won't outweigh her DAT score. Dental school is crazy competitive. Perhaps @FeralisExtremum can also shed some light here.

I agree with @artist2022 , scores are too low to really have a reasonable chance. With no score higher than a 17 across all sections she's likely below cutoffs at most schools, and even for the schools that don't have cutoffs, her overall DAT is going to be much lower than desirable. Howard does have a lower matriculant average than most schools (18) but again, if 17 was her highest section score chances are her AA/TS is a good bit below that.

@Willmah , how did you prepare for the exam? Maybe we can give you helpful advice to improve your performance on a retake, which at this point I think is necessary.

Maybe she should retake, but we should try and be as helpful as possible, I'm sure she put alot of effort and time into it

Maybe she should retake, but we should try and be as helpful as possible, I'm sure she put alot of effort and time into it
I disagree......instead of applying I'd rather spend that money on resources to help retake it....and also it's not "maybe"- a retake is necessary. It's harsh but it's true :/

Thank You all for the advices :) I wish everyone a great luck <3

Wondering why they haven't given out interviews yet..

I can barely even get an actual human on the phone

I got my confirmation almost a month after paying so don't be too worried.

Finally got a hold of them today....they never received my payment, and I sent it over two months ago. I guess my money order got lost in the mail.

Finally got a hold of them today....they never received my payment, and I sent it over two months ago. I guess my money order got lost in the mail.

Which number did you call to get an answer? I've never been able to get a person on the phone at all.

Biting my nails waiting for an email for interviews. Any heard anything yet? I am thinking they should go out very soon. :)

So after submitting the Aadsas application they'll email you letting you do the supplemental? The link on their site is broken and I cant get anyone on the phone...

So after submitting the Aadsas application they'll email you letting you do the supplemental? The link on their site is broken and I cant get anyone on the phone...

Yep! They'll email you to say they got your AADSAS app and that you need to send them a check/money order as their supplemental.

Yep! They'll email you to say they got your AADSAS app and that you need to send them a check/money order as their supplemental.
Ok thanks! I was kindve sketch about even applying since I couldn't get a hold of anyone. Have you heard anything since sending the money?

Ok thanks! I was kindve sketch about even applying since I couldn't get a hold of anyone. Have you heard anything since sending the money?

You're welcome! And I received an e-mail from them after sending my fee that they received it and will start to review my application but that's it. And I received that e-mail in July lol. A lot of people have not been able to get a hold of them through phone, but I believe some have if you call early like 10 am I think. Hoping to hear from them soon with an interview invite haha. But I hope you can get a hold of them, try calling around that time and see if you can catch someone :)

You're welcome! And I received an e-mail from them after sending my fee that they received it and will start to review my application but that's it. And I received that e-mail in July lol. A lot of people have not been able to get a hold of them through phone, but I believe some have if you call early like 10 am I think. Hoping to hear from them soon with an interview invite haha. But I hope you can get a hold of them, try calling around that time and see if you can catch someone :)
Oh ok thank you, I'll try giving them a call..hopefully we'll both get some good news, thanks!

So it's not an application or something just send the money order and that's it? I got this email and i was looking for a link to get to the supplemental app but I didn't find anything lol

So it's not an application or something just send the money order and that's it? I got this email and i was looking for a link to get to the supplemental app but I didn't find anything lol

Correct, there's not another application. Just send the money to the address they provided in the e-mail.

what does it mean when the decision status says "none"? denied?

what does it mean when the decision status says "none"? denied?
No idea. Did you turn everything in yet and has everything been accepted yet? Only then will you see "under review" - when they have all documents accepted and verified by the AADAS first. If anything is missing, for instance, you will not see "under review" yet. ... I think.

What are my chances with a DAT score of
AA:17 PAT:19 QR:14 RC:15 BIO:17 GC:17 OC:20 TS:18 for Howard?

and 3.1 GPA and Hispanic non traditional student?

How long after a verified aadsas application did you guys hear back? My app became verified a few days ago but I still haven't gotten anything from Howard. Does everyone atleast get the email with instructions to send in the money?

How long after a verified aadsas application did you guys hear back? My app became verified a few days ago but I still haven't gotten anything from Howard. Does everyone atleast get the email with instructions to send in the money?

It took about a week after my app was verified to receive a confirmation email with instructions on sending the supplement payment. I think everyone gets that email. After I sent the fee, took a month before they confirmed they received my money order and I went "under review".

It took about a week after my app was verified to receive a confirmation email with instructions on sending the supplement payment. I think everyone gets that email. After I sent the fee, took a month before they confirmed they received my money order and I went "under review".
Wow (thanks btw), they really seem to be behind with EVERYTHING smh. I got invited for a whole interview somewhere else only 2 days after applying. Anyone got an interview at Howard yet?

No idea. Did you turn everything in yet and has everything been accepted yet? Only then will you see "under review" - when they have all documents accepted and verified by the AADAS first. If anything is missing, for instance, you will not see "under review" yet. ... I think.
I turned everything in but did not receive the email to send my money order payment in. Should I just wait on that email or go ahead and send it?

Status
Not open for further replies.