***The Official Howard University Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I need some opinion about whether to apply to Howard university or not?

I have Master's degree in engineering. I was a research assistant with full fellowship in my MS degree. My DAT scores are:
AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22, RC: 20, QR: 28, Bio: 20, GC: 23, OC: 26 GPA: 3.79 Shadowing: 120 hours
I am taking most of the prerequisite courses now, so my problem is that I don't have any course to match with Human Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology in the required prerequisite courses.
Should I apply? What are my chances if I apply?
Thanks,
Someone from last years thread said they got accepted and did not have the human anatomy and physiology prerequisite. Perhaps you should shoot the school an email or give them a call.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I have Master's degree in engineering. I was a research assistant with full fellowship in my MS degree. My DAT scores are:
AA: 23, TS: 22, PAT: 22, RC: 20, QR: 28, Bio: 20, GC: 23, OC: 26 GPA: 3.79 Shadowing: 120 hours
I am taking most of the prerequisite courses now, so my problem is that I don't have any course to match with Human Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology in the required prerequisite courses.
Thanks,
You have a good chance of getting in. Are you from DMV area?( DC, Maryland, Virginia)

You have a good chance of getting in. Are you from DMV area?( DC, Maryland, Virginia)
No. I'm from California. My priority is California schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone from last years thread said they got accepted and did not have the human anatomy and physiology prerequisite. Perhaps you should shoot the school an email or give them a call.
Thanks for your response. I called them many times today but I couldn't talk to them. I will contact them for sure.Thanks

Anyone mind giving me some feedback on my chances?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
Solid leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
Thank you!

Thanks for your response. I called them many times today but I couldn't talk to them. I will contact them for sure.Thanks
No problem! And good luck :) you have great stats so I'm sure you won't have trouble getting into CA schools.

Hey everybody! Do you think Howard will still send me an email with regards to my supplemental application fee, if two of my LORs aren't complete yet? I submitted the application, and my transcript was just verified two two days ago.

Hey everybody! Do you think Howard will still send me an email with regards to my supplemental application fee, if two of my LORs aren't complete yet? I submitted the application, and my transcript was just verified two two days ago.
I'm sure that they will. I still haven't taken my DAT yet and they sent me an email asking for the supplemental fee. I received a confirmation email from them a week later saying that they received my money order.

Has anybody tried to call Howard recently? The call doesn't go through.

Hi,

Thanks,
They told me they prefer to have those courses done before applying, especially Anatomy and Physio. You can email and ask, but that is what I got from asking a while back.

Hope that helps!

They sent me the email even though my committee letter had not been submitted so yes.

Has anybody tried to call Howard recently? The call doesn't go through.
I called at the end of July and when I finally got through, the lady was of no help whatsoever. I don't think she even knew that Howard had a dental school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called at the end of July and when I finally got through, the lady was of no help whatsoever. I don't think she even knew that Howard had a dental school.
Which number did you call?

Do you guys receive an email or just send your payment in? Submitting today

Can I still apply with a 17TS? Even though the minimum is 18TS?
I thought the required courses needs to be in before you start dental school? I don't have all the pre reqs so can i still apply?

I finally could go through today and as you said the lady didn't know that the application is for Fall2018. She thought it's for 2017.:)

I finally could go through today and as you said the lady didn't know that the application is for Fall2018. She thought it's for 2017.:)
What do you mean? She thought they are still in the old cycle? Hmmm. Who picked up? Do you know? Was the actual dental school?

Can I still apply with a 17TS? Even though the minimum is 18TS?
I thought the required courses needs to be in before you start dental school? I don't have all the pre reqs so can i still apply?
You should ask. It all depends on how many you still not have completed? 2? 4? 6? courses, all of these answers matters when I asked a while back. The more, the better- of course. Still ask. :)

You still have a good chance, but im sure you will get in to one of your state's school. Good luck!
No. I'm from California. My priority is California schools.

So I have a question regarding the fee. I pay $99 to add this school to aadsas and then is there anything else?

So I have a question regarding the fee. I pay $99 to add this school to aadsas and then is there anything else?
You have to pay the supplemental fee which is 75 I believe directly to the school.

Can we pay supplemental fee online?

No, I don't believe so because in the email I received after I sent in my AADSAS application, it mentioned to mail them a check and then they provided me with an address of where it needs to be sent

Does anybody know if they allow anatomy to be taken online?

Does anybody know if they allow anatomy to be taken online?
If it is University level, I am sure that won't matter. Just make sure (I guess) it is not community college level. But I would still call and try to ask. Share the news once you know. :)

No, I don't believe so because in the email I received after I sent in my AADSAS application, it mentioned to mail them a check and then they provided me with an address of where it needs to be sent
How long did the whole process take? If i submit mine today, how long do I need to wait?

How long does it take to get the email to pay the application fee?

Has anyone heard back after paying the fee and filling out the supplemental?

Has anyone heard back after paying the fee and filling out the supplemental?
Just the confirmation email stating that they received the payment.

Hello there :)
I have a question about the DAT score, dose HU asks for 18 in each single section on the DAT?
Since my test is coming up this Monday! I want to submit my application right after I get the test, but there's some schools don't let me submit it's like missing something that prevent me do the submission! At the beginning I thought it's the transcript, but now the ADEA has received everything, why I still couldn't submit the app? :/
Thank You! :)

Hello there :)
I have a question about the DAT score, dose HU asks for 18 in each single section on the DAT?
Since my test is coming up this Monday! I want to submit my application right after I get the test, but there's some schools don't let me submit it's like missing something that prevent me do the submission! At the beginning I thought it's the transcript, but now the ADEA has received everything, why I still couldn't submit the app? :/
Thank You! :)

I would call, both HU and ADEA. I have no idea why that would happen unless the system has changed. I had all of my info up so I have no idea what it would be. Perhaps it is a way for some schools not to get half application, or missing document applications (???)

I would call, both HU and ADEA. I have no idea why that would happen unless the system has changed. I had all of my info up so I have no idea what it would be. Perhaps it is a way for some schools not to get half application, or missing document applications (???)
Yes, you are right, I called the ADEA this morning they said check the question page of each school they asked extra questions other than the application itself! Thank you so much Tabasom :)

Yes, you are right, I called the ADEA this morning they said check the question page of each school they asked extra questions other than the application itself! Thank you so much Tabasom :)
Oh yes, absolutely! Sorry, I was under the impression you did that. Yes, for sure. Those questions and classes have to be selected for each school and answered for each school. Glad you got answers! :happy::):clap:

Did anyone hear of any interviews yet? So anxious! :nailbiting::corny::hello::uhno:

I haven't heard anything yet, do you know when they begin to send out interviews?
Not sure. Online says Aug 15 - April/May 15 - but not so sure. Last year it didn't start until late October (I think). Correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure. Online says Aug 15 - April/May 15 - but not so sure. Last year it didn't start until late October (I think). Correct me if I am wrong.

oh gotcha, I hope they send it out sooner than later!

Hello Future Dentists :)
I have a question, I have not got the right answer yet, does anyone know HU asks for 18 in each section on DAT or what exactly? :uhno::uhno::eek:

Hello Future Dentists :)
I have a question, I have not got the right answer yet, does anyone know HU asks for 18 in each section on DAT or what exactly? :uhno::uhno::eek:

That's what it says on the website, that the minimum criteria for the DAT is 18 in each section, but looking at last years thread people were getting interviews with subsection(s) lower than 18 (however I don't exactly remember if they were accepted or not).
If it helps, I submitted my application here with a section lower than 18 so we'll see how it goes haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.