***The Official Howard University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
still nothing. they did say we would hear today right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I know my friend just got in so they probably started sending emails now.

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!! With a scholarship, OMG!!!!!!

Last edited:
ACCEPTED!!! With a scholarship!!!!! This is the happiest day of my life

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
okay so who's making the FB page???LOL

Accepted with scholarship!!! We Litt!!!!

Reactions: 4 users

Last edited:
Hey guys I created a FB group!!! Message me for details!

Congrats to all those who've been accepted!
Would you all be so kind as to share your stats?

Looks like I will have to decline. Good luck guys!!!!

Goodluck to anyone waitlisted, or still waiting on a response!!!

stats anyone? and how'd y'all get scholarships?? congrats
Don't focus on stats if you want to get into Howard, while they are important those whom I interviewed with all had community service, leadership, true desire to reach underserved communities, etc. I know my stats were average or slightly above, although I can say I did receive a "Masters of Biomedical Sciences" which tremendously helped and was mentioned during my interview, it was my extra curriculars and service that made me stand out.

-For those who will get an interview invite as they continue to fill up the class... Honesty is important, know why Howard is unique. You should have a desire for community service and don't be afraid to ask questions.

-For those who unfortunately don't get an opportunity I Strongly recommend a rigorous one-year masters program.

Be positive! Its a long process but if you really want to go to Howard........do your research!!!
It took lots of prayer for me, but if anyone has questions on anything specific feel free to message me.

Good Luck!

Reactions: 5 users
stats anyone? and how'd y'all get scholarships?? congrats

Don't focus on stats if you want to get into Howard, while they are important those whom I interviewed with all had community service, leadership, true desire to reach underserved communities, etc. I know my stats were average or slightly above, although I can say I did receive a "Masters of Biomedical Sciences" which tremendously helped and was mentioned during my interview, it was my extra curriculars and service that made me stand out.

-For those who will get an interview invite as they continue to fill up the class... Honesty is important, know why Howard is unique. You should have a desire for community service and don't be afraid to ask questions.

-For those who unfortunately don't get an opportunity I Strongly recommend a rigorous one-year masters program.

Be positive! Its a long process but if you really want to go to Howard........do your research!!!
It took lots of prayer for me, but if anyone has questions on anything specific feel free to message me.

Good Luck!

I definitely agree with saveslanney! My experience as a teacher and chair in my content area, service to the community, along with a strong DAT score and strong grades in the prerequisites, gave me an advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats on those who applied and have been accepted. Getting into a dental school is truly an accomplishment to be proud of. I have words of advice to you all. BE VERY WARY regarding HUCD. If you havent interviewed yet, do yourself a favor and speak with the dental students that are currently there and ask them to be honest with you when you are there for an interview. The "selected" students that you will meet have been most likely instructed and trained to tell you things that you want to hear. DO your research people! you will all be VERY surprised to find out what is really going on at that institution.

Congrats on those who applied and have been accepted. Getting into a dental school is truly an accomplishment to be proud of. I have words of advice to you all. BE VERY WARY regarding HUCD. If you havent interviewed yet, do yourself a favor and speak with the dental students that are currently there and ask them to be honest with you when you are there for an interview. The "selected" students that you will meet have been most likely instructed and trained to tell you things that you want to hear. DO your research people! you will all be VERY surprised to find out what is really going on at that institution.
Can you elaborate? Would be very much appreciated as it is one of the accepted schools I am considering.

im at HUCD, what yall wanna know

im at HUCD, what yall wanna know
How accurate are the rumors that it is hard to graduate in 4 years? And are scholarship opportunities available for years 2-4? What is your overall feeling toward Howard HONESTLY haha. Thanks for any input you have!

Can you elaborate?

How accurate are the rumors that it is hard to graduate in 4 years? And are scholarship opportunities available for years 2-4? What is your overall feeling toward Howard HONESTLY haha. Thanks for any input you have!
PM me

Last edited:
P
Our accepted class Facebook group seems kind of small... are they still turning out interviews at the moment for anyone waiting to hear back, or are the next round after their winter break? Just wondering since our page has only about 8 members so far that are set on attending here.... damn. I mean I know not everyone who applied and got accepted is on the SDN forums too.
personally I'm just deciding between here and another school. So I'm waiting until I've made a decision to do the whole Facebook thing

Wow...

if you PMd me, I have replied

you all can search google too for #takebackhucd

https://twitter.com/hashtag/takebackhucd

https://www.facebook.com/hucd2017/

13626532_1744438015827012_1564712110076947564_n.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are more interviews coming up?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Interview #3 on January 27th!

Did they reply to you when you accepted the invite for the interview?
I responded to them last week but I didn't get any confirmation from them that they had received my email.

Did they reply to you when you accepted the invite for the interview?
I responded to them last week but I didn't get any confirmation from them that they had received my email.

Yeah they did email me back. Did you send your photo?

Anyone here with under 3.0 GPAs but high DATs?
Me! LOL..
Sci: 2.95
BCP: 3.1
Total: 3.05
DAT: 20AA/21TS/21RC
Not even sure if that qualifies as high DAT, but I guess it's O.K.
What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Does anybody know if Howard is still giving out interviews?