***The Official Howard University Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Is this one of the easiest dental school to get into along with Meharry? Does it have a high OOS acceptance rate? Does it have any preference on ethnicity?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this one of the easiest dental school to get into along with Meharry? Does it have a high OOS acceptance rate? Does it have any preference on ethnicity?
It's been said that it's one of the easier ones, but they definitely give preference to ethnicity. Meharry also says that on their website. I'm not sure if Howard's says that or not.

It's been said that it's one of the easier ones, but they definitely give preference to ethnicity. Meharry also says that on their website. I'm not sure if Howard's says that or not.
Are there certain ethnicities they give more preference too?

Are there certain ethnicities they give more preference too?

@IndianLake I'd say if your application aligns with the mission of the school, then they're more apt to considering you for acceptance. But yes, they are keen on looking at underrepresented minorities and those who have a history of working with minority populations.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone get contacted to submit the application fee or secondary application? I have not heard of anything yet.

I got the email too. Anyone find it weird that you can't pay online?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the email too. Anyone find it weird that you can't pay online?

Have you had your GPA verified by AADSAS yet? I submitted on 6/23 and am just waiting on GPA verification, so I assume I won't hear anything yet. I'm guessing you guys' apps were already mailed to your schools

Have you had your GPA verified by AADSAS yet? I submitted on 6/23 and am just waiting on GPA verification, so I assume I won't hear anything yet. I'm guessing you guys' apps were already mailed to your schools

Yeah mine was verified a few weeks ago and mailed out around the 20th

is anyone applying before completing all of the required courses? I am applying this cycle but still have to complete organic chemistry 11, introductory phys 11 and biochemistry. Is this an issue? the courses will be completed this fall however. I have completed all of the other required courses and have an overall and science GPA of 3.8

is anyone applying before completing all of the required courses? I am applying this cycle but still have to complete organic chemistry 11, introductory phys 11 and biochemistry. Is this an issue? the courses will be completed this fall however. I have completed all of the other required courses and have an overall and science GPA of 3.8
hmm.. what were your DAT stats - that might come into play

Hi does anyone know if they require 6 semester units of Anatomy bc most schools only offer 4 units so how are we supposed to fulfills this?

I applied with Biochemistry and Physics II as planned courses. I'm taking BIochem currently this summer, and I'll be taking Physics II in the fall. I emailed to ask if that was okay, and Mrs. Nixon said that it was, given I complete them before matriculation. Every school is different, so contact them.

Anyone know the deadline for applying? Is it in December?

I applied with Biochemistry and Physics II as planned courses. I'm taking BIochem currently this summer, and I'll be taking Physics II in the fall. I emailed to ask if that was okay, and Mrs. Nixon said that it was, given I complete them before matriculation. Every school is different, so contact them.

Very correct. And you can be given an admission even before completing the pre reqs, but only on the condition of passing the classes.

for anyone who has already sent in their money order or cashiers check to Howard , how long did it take for the office to email you confirming your payment?
its been 3 days since it arrived and still nothing.

for anyone who has already sent in their money order or cashiers check to Howard , how long did it take for the office to email you confirming your payment?
I also have heard nothing.

Same here and I sent it within 24 hours of that email

Yeah, mine arrived Monday of this week, and I haven't gotten any notification via email either.

By the way, on the AADSAS portal it reads "Application Complete/Under Review." I wonder if that means they got the money order and started the review process...

Last edited:
How long did it take for you all to receive the application fee email? My app was mailed out to Howard this last Friday, but I still haven't heard from them. Just a little curious because all the other schools I have applied to asked for the supplemental fee right away (like the day of or day after my mail out).

Got the email stating my fee was received.

"...have received your $75.00 application fee. Be advised that all qualified applicants remain “under review” until invited for an interview or the interview cycle closes. If your application doesn’t meet our criteria for an interview we will notify you via email immediately after your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. While under review please note that we will not provide status updates."

"...have received your $75.00 application fee. Be advised that all qualified applicants remain “under review” until invited for an interview or the interview cycle closes. If your application doesn’t meet our criteria for an interview we will notify you via email immediately after your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. While under review please note that we will not provide status updates."
Lol People must have been annoying them last cycle. Our email didn't say all that last cycle :laugh:

Anyone know the deadline for applying this year?

Same here

Hi guys! HU is my goals since I do not want to leave home and have family who has attended HU Dental. I pray each day. LOL!

Reactions: 1 users
Taking the DAT in a few days ... AH! Send in application and already and paid the fee ...

I know the minimum requirements say that you have to have an 18 or more on every section of the DAT, all 8, but do you know anyone that was accepted with less than an 18 in one section?
<------
This guy.

Reactions: 2 users
I know the minimum requirements say that you have to have an 18 or more on every section of the DAT, all 8, but do you know anyone that was accepted with less than an 18 in one section?

Hey! I think it is still worth to apply. They look at the whole picture. GPA, statement, background, history - it can't hurt, right? On their 2015 stats is said that their average was 17.7 for DAT. I am a ASDA member and got the magazine from the ASDA and it said the following: AA 17.8, PAT 17.9, TS 17.9. I attached a picture... Hope that helps. :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 10.32.19 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-04 at 10.32.19 PM.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 200
Reactions: 4 users
Hey! I think it is still worth to apply. They look at the whole picture. GPA, statement, background, history - it can't hurt, right? On their 2015 stats is said that their average was 17.7 for DAT. I am a ASDA member and got the magazine from the ASDA and it said the following: AA 17.8, PAT 17.9, TS 17.9. I attached a picture... Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get an interview yet? Anyone know when they start at HU?

I still haven't received an email from them confirming receipt of my payment and I mailed everything out on 7/13 for all schools after receiving all fee request emails on 7/11. Do you think they're just backed up and busy? I called them and emailed them but as of yet no reply.
Hey I received the same email on 7/11 and I sent my payment on the 12th. They emailed me on the 26th saying that they received my payment. From what I can tell on this thread, Howard is notorious for not staying in touch with applicants. Hopefully they get back to you soon. BTW I'm OOS