**The Official ECU SoD C/O 2022 (2017-2018) Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

moe12345

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see one started for ECU yet so I figured I'd go ahead and do it. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have an idea when interviews might start coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have an idea when interviews might start coming out?

I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they needed my rec letters still before they would proceed with reviewing. I finally got those in to AADSAS on July 27 and an email from ecu saying they received the letters that day and later same day got invite for interview, you call them and set up a day and then get an email confirmation with the details

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they needed my rec letters still before they would proceed with reviewing. I finally got those in to AADSAS on July 27 and an email from ecu saying they received the letters that day, then i got the email for interview the next day july 28

Congrats. Do you mind if I ask what your stats were? My application was complete a while back (end of June) and all I've gotten was the application complete email. Also, are you reapplying or is this your first time?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone had interviews or interview offers recently? I submitted my application mid August and haven't heard anything yet. I know I was a bit late with my application but I really hope it won't cost me. For the record I was an RDH for 3 years. My GPA is 3.70 according to AADSAS (it's actually quite a bit higher), and DAT 24AA - min was 22, max 29.

Has anyone had interviews or interview offers recently? I submitted my application mid August and haven't heard anything yet. I know I was a bit late with my application but I really hope it won't cost me. For the record I was an RDH for 3 years. My GPA is 3.70 according to AADSAS (it's actually quite a bit higher), and DAT 24AA - min was 22, max 29.

unless you have zero shadowing/leadership or your letters weren't good, i would be extremely surprised if you didn't get one. I have lower dat scores than you. Submitted app in June but didn't have my letters, got those in morning 7/27 and got the interview invite that night. i'm confident you'll get one soon

unless you have zero shadowing/leadership or your letters weren't good, i would be extremely surprised if you didn't get one. I have lower dat scores than you. Submitted app in June but didn't have my letters, got those in morning 7/27 and got the interview invite that night. i'm confident you'll get one soon
Thanks for the encouragement. I was getting a little worried but you were right. I received the interview invite!! :) I'm very excited about it! Have you had your interview already?

When is everyone scheduled for interviews?? I just got my date yesterday! Oct 3rd, anyone on here joining me on that day?? :).... Not sure how ECU sets up their dates--as in how many per day? Or how many interviews they hold per year?

When is everyone scheduled for interviews?? I just got my date yesterday! Oct 3rd, anyone on here joining me on that day?? :).... Not sure how ECU sets up their dates--as in how many per day? Or how many interviews they hold per year?
Hey there! I'm a RDH too interviewing on Oct 3rd as well. :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I was getting a little worried but you were right. I received the interview invite!! :) I'm very excited about it! Have you had your interview already?

Ayeee congrats. and no I haven't mine is sep 26th. Anyone who has had an interview or had one from past years, any insight/advice?

Hey there! I'm a RDH too interviewing on Oct 3rd as well. :)
Good luck to everyone! It seems there are several of us interviewing in October - I am Oct 17th. I am an RDH as well :). If we are all accepted we should set up a group to help our peers with the perio section. I hear a lot of dental students saying it's one of the worse ones.

Hey, how long did it take for you guys to hear anything after applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone! It seems there are several of us interviewing in October - I am Oct 17th. I am an RDH as well :). If we are all accepted we should set up a group to help our peers with the perio section. I hear a lot of dental students saying it's one of the worse ones.
I am scheduled for October 19.

I have an interview on October 19th :)

I am interviewing Oct 24, any advice y'all have after interviewing would be super helpful! I know from attending their summer program 2 years ago that they do a group interview with a case study for the group to complete. I believe they do either a one on one interview or a faculty and current student interview. Aside from that I am not too sure of their process. Good luck everyone!

I am interviewing Oct 24, any advice y'all have after interviewing would be super helpful! I know from attending their summer program 2 years ago that they do a group interview with a case study for the group to complete. I believe they do either a one on one interview or a faculty and current student interview. Aside from that I am not too sure of their process. Good luck everyone!

1 student interview, 3 faculty interviews. That group activity was just us students in a closed room but unless they were recording us (god forbid) then it's just a fun activity sort of deal to pick up their vibe about the style of learning that goes on at ECU after all the didactics. Super relaxed, I definitely really enjoyed my time on my interview day. GL!

Interview #2
Application Date: 9/15
Notification Date: 10/25
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None

Pre-December so there is still hope if you are waiting on an invite!!

Just got the date set for my interview November 14th! Hope to see some of you there!

Had my interview there today, if you have one coming up don’t worry! It’s really relaxed, everyone there is really cool.

I meant to post this after my interview. Little tidbit I gathered during my interview; they usually do about 220ish interviews a year--this year they've had the most applicants (I was told about 900ish--200ish OOS which are not considered). Just thought I'd share. :)

Has anyone’s status on aadsas changed from “invited to interview” since their interview?

Received an acceptance email at 6:05 AM!

Accepted!!

Last edited:
Acceptance email came at 6 AM!!! Just received a phone call from one of my interviewers as well. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Does anyone know if they're accepting throughout the day? Or was it just that first round at 6am?

If you didn’t receive the email at 6 am you did not make it this first round of offers. You’ll probably hear back in January after the they know how many seats are still left.

If you didn’t receive the email at 6 am you did not make it this first round of offers. You’ll probably hear back in January after the they know how many seats are still left.
Oh okay. I thought I’ve seen people who have been accepted throughout December also. Is that not so?

As people decline seats I’m sure they immediately send out new acceptances.

Our applicant pool has been incredibly strong this year. Just because you didn't hear back on December 1st doesn't mean that you won't hear something going forward. At East Carolina we accept students throughout the winter and spring.

Just hold tight and stay optimistic.

Our applicant pool has been incredibly strong this year. Just because you didn't hear back on December 1st doesn't mean that you won't hear something going forward. At East Carolina we accept students throughout the winter and spring.

Just hold tight and stay optimistic.

Hi, thank you for posting. Do you know how many offers have been sent out? From my understanding ECU only fills about half the class on Dec 1. Does this mean we might hear something next week or will we have to wait until January? Thank you so much for your help!

Its about half of the class.

Hi, thank you for posting. Do you know how many offers have been sent out? From my understanding ECU only fills about half the class on Dec 1. Does this mean we might hear something next week or will we have to wait until January? Thank you so much for your help!

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure. The ADCOM uses the phrase "rolling admission", which means that an acceptance could come at any time. To the best of my knowledge offers are made throughout the winter and into the Spring. There are people in my class who heard back on:
December 1st
Mid- December
January
February
March
August (A week before class starts).

What I can say is this: When you haven't been chosen you will know. AADSAS will reflect that, along with a letter of encouragement in the mail.

Thanks for the information!!

Accepted on friday and leaning towards paying the deposit.

Last edited:
Congratulations on all those accepted at this point! Definitely something to be proud of!

I got an email today expressing that my application was still under review, basically the same info that was said during the interview. I'm assuming everyone else got it?

Congratulations on all those accepted at this point! Definitely something to be proud of!

I got an email today expressing that my application was still under review, basically the same info that was said during the interview. I'm assuming everyone else got it?

When did you interview?

I got that email as well today.

Anyone started a Facebook group yet?

Oh great. Thanks! I thought maybe I dreamed it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.