***The Official COLORADO Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Well dang. Does anyone know how many seats are left?

I called yesterday and Steven said he had no idea in regard to available seats. D:

Members don't see this ad.

"early march or mid-march" by Steven. sit back and relax tilt march lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected today without interview. OOS WICHE 4.o GPA, 22 TS, 21 AA, 7 years experience working in dentistry.

Does anyone know if those who interviewed pre-December can still get an offer if they haven't heard back either way yet? Is it common?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if those who interviewed pre-December can still get an offer if they haven't heard back either way yet? Is it common?

Of course! I have a friend that's a D1 and she interviewed in November and was put on the waitlist. Then she was surprisingly notified a few days before orientation about being accepted. :D

I interviewed on January 27th and still haven't heard a thing. Has anyone that interviewed around that date heard back? Or are we all in the same boat?

Nothin' yet here either, interviewed on 1/9/17. Hopefully we hear something soon, though. :)

Got a super random call today and missed it so Steven left a message saying that the final decison meeting is tonight and that everyone should know in a few days. Here's to hoping!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got waitlisted via email :( :( :( so sad.

Just got the rejection email. I'm an in-state CU alumnus and interviewed in September. I'm a post-bacc student with a 3.92 BCP GPA, 24AA/26TS, research experience, overseas volunteer work, club leadership, etc. I feel betrayed, to put it diplomatically.

Hi! what is the HCPS scholarship?
It is a scholarship for enlisted members of the military to go into a medical program and then pay back the years that you went to school as an officer. :) But I guess we will just have to see for next year!

So not everyone getting waitlisted? does that mean I still have some hope left?

So not everyone getting waitlisted? does that mean I still have some hope left?

Without a doubt there's still hope if you've been waitlisted. I'd imagine it depends if you're IS or OS when it comes to how long or what your chances are of getting off the list.

As I mentioned in a previous post, a friend of mine got waitlisted and was accepted a couple days before orientation.

As for my status, I've been rejected but encouraged to apply for their post-bacc. Which, if accepted into that program (has ~5 seats) I'll definitely document my journey, as there really isn't a whole lot of info on it.

Until then, good luck everyone!!

Without a doubt there's still hope if you've been waitlisted. I'd imagine it depends if you're IS or OS when it comes to how long or what your chances are of getting off the list.

As I mentioned in a previous post, a friend of mine got waitlisted and was accepted a couple days before orientation.

As for my status, I've been rejected but encouraged to apply for their post-bacc. Which, if accepted into that program (has ~5 seats) I'll definitely document my journey, as there really isn't a whole lot of info on it.

Until then, good luck everyone!!
you mentioned post-bac make me think of something, so there are 5 students currently doing post-bac for this entering class and if they ended up not attending for whatever reasons, waitlisted people get a chance pretty late because they have to wait until the spring semester complete.

Is there a facebook page or something I can follow for the class of 2021? I would love to talk with anyone who is enrolling.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm not sure what you mean by SMP but I'm in a 9 month Masters of Biomedical Science program. My undergrad GPA was 3.6/3.34

How do you like the 9 month Biomedical sciences program ?

did you get into dental school?

anyone got accepted into their post-bacc program?

Accepted into the post-bac! :D

LOL I thought they notified everyone on the 15th. Welcome to Colorado!

They had to create some opportunities because they initially had 5 seats but they eventually ended up with 7, with me being #7. :D

Thanks a ton for the congrats, it seems like I've been waiting forever for the good news. :p

They had to create some opportunities because they initially had 5 seats but they eventually ended up with 7, with me being #7. :D

Thanks a ton for the congrats, it seems like I've been waiting forever for the good news. :p
were you on the waitlist or something?
BTW for the post bacc the tuition is free right?

were you on the waitlist or something?
BTW for the post bacc the tuition is free right?

Long story short, I interviewed on Jan. 9th for their dental program. They really liked me but my 3.3gpa concerned them, so they called me to tell me they're unable to offer a seat but strongly encourage me to apply for the post-bac. Being that the deadline to apply for the post-bac was pretty much the same day I was notified I didn't get into the dental program, they said I needed to apply super quick if I was interested.

I don't think the post-bac is 100% free, but they definitely try to help out with the finances of it. Basically, you're applying as an undergraduate again so you get that tuition for the year.

My situation was particularly interesting because I wasn't on a waitlist, but several conversations, emails, and overall expressing great interest in the school and programs made them want to include me in the post-bac (despite there being 5 seats). The only downside is the financial situation because they are only able to secure funding for 5 of the students. Fortunately, they said if they can't find any money for me there will be some scholarship opportunities that will somewhat make up for it. :)

Long story short, I interviewed on Jan. 9th for their dental program. They really liked me but my 3.3gpa concerned them, so they called me to tell me they're unable to offer a seat but strongly encourage me to apply for the post-bac. Being that the deadline to apply for the post-bac was pretty much the same day I was notified I didn't get into the dental program, they said I needed to apply super quick if I was interested.

I don't think the post-bac is 100% free, but they definitely try to help out with the finances of it. Basically, you're applying as an undergraduate again so you get that tuition for the year.

My situation was particularly interesting because I wasn't on a waitlist, but several conversations, emails, and overall expressing great interest in the school and programs made them want to include me in the post-bac (despite there being 5 seats). The only downside is the financial situation because they are only able to secure funding for 5 of the students. Fortunately, they said if they can't find any money for me there will be some scholarship opportunities that will somewhat make up for it. :)
Wow thats awesome how they created extra seats for you. Regardless of the tuition, the overall cost of attendance will be much lesser when you got admitted into their dental program. If I remember correctly, the cost of attendance for OS student at UCD is around 10k+ per semester, hopefully they offer you a lot of scholarship.
Congrats :D

got waitlisted when I was abroad :[. I think getting off the waitlist as an IS is nearly impossible. Any IS acceptees dropping their seats attending other schools because of scholarships?

I will probably give up my spot.

got waitlisted when I was abroad :[. I think getting off the waitlist as an IS is nearly impossible. Any IS acceptees dropping their seats attending other schools because of scholarships?

You going somewhere else?

To go where??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just made the call (which was very difficult :() to decline my offer. I will be attending dental school at USC this fall with the assistance of the HPSP. I wish everyone the best! I hope my IS wait list spot goes to one of you. Best of luck everyone!!

Cheers

Reactions: 1 users
I just made the call (which was very difficult :() to decline my offer. I will be attending dental school at USC this fall with the assistance of the HPSP. I wish everyone the best! I hope my IS wait list spot goes to one of you. Best of luck everyone!!

Cheers
That was def a difficult call to decline your state school. Did they say anything about the waitlist at all?
I wish you the best at USC,

Cheers

Why did you choose Usc over Colorado?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It took a long time to decide as it was a difficult decision to make. However, in the end, I ended up choosing the school I could best see myself. Since price was not a concern because of the scholarship . . . it made the decision much easier. I am not too concerned about what some of the pre-dents have to say about PBL. I have spoken with many alumni and current students and I am convinced USC will prepare me best for the path ahead.

Good luck to everyone!

(PS: I still love the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine :love:)