***The Official Boston University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Me too!!!!!!!! I've been waiting for this moment for so long....:biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratz on those who got accepted. Did your aadsas statues changed to check back on dec 1st? I haven't heard from BU yet...

Accepted via e-mail (got it at 3:30am), but aadsas hasn't changed. Still says check back Dec 1!

Still haven't heard from BU, I was in the third interview batch and I am wondering if maybe they send out their notifications by batches also? Does anybody know?

Still haven't heard from BU, I was in the third interview batch and I am wondering if maybe they send out their notifications by batches also? Does anybody know?

I don't know what the batches were but I was mid November and the acceptance came today

I called and talked to Joshua and he said my application is still being reviewed so i could receive hear back from the office at any time now. My interview was early Oct, first batch invitation... I'm guessing this is not a great sign...

I called and talked to Joshua and he said my application is still being reviewed so i could receive hear back from the office at any time now. My interview was early Oct, first batch invitation... I'm guessing this is not a great sign...

I called also and all he told me is that its rolling admissions, which I knew already lol so i'm hoping maybe once students turn down their acceptance that will open up more, stay positive!

There will be lot of movements, once deposit deadline date is passed. So, Don't worry too much.
And congrats to those who got accepted today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Soooo this $3,000 deposit due on January 7th....Two questions. 1) Can I wait until January 6th to pay it and still be guaranteed a spot? 2) Let's say I pay it and then later find out I was accepted at my home state school (a lot cheaper than BU). Can I get a refund on my deposit?
Don't get me wrong, so so so psyched to have been accepted at BU. I think the school is fantastic but I just like to keep as many doors open as I can.

Reactions: 1 user
Soooo this $3,000 deposit due on January 7th....Two questions. 1) Can I wait until January 6th to pay it and still be guaranteed a spot? 2) Let's say I pay it and then later find out I was accepted at my home state school (a lot cheaper than BU). Can I get a refund on my deposit?
Don't get me wrong, so so so psyched to have been accepted at BU. I think the school is fantastic but I just like to keep as many doors open as I can.

Nope, unlike med school, all deposits are final.

@BUSCAM response are just his ideas of the school. Students will look into it themselves.

Last edited:
I totally get what you mean. But, I actually have a lot of people there currently and they have made a lot of changes and that they have corrected a lot of their mistakes. A lot of these "problems" I have seen from posts a couple years don't apply now. Everyone I know in BU is really happy.

Reactions: 1 users
Every school have ups and downs. Personally, I think BU was struggling with many aspects in clinical situation past few years, but BU is in transition state right now. Everything is improving, and clinical issues have been significantly improved after group practice was implemented. Wherever people go, there will be no "perfect" dental school.

anyone else interviewed pre-December but didn't hear back? I am dying here

anyone else interviewed pre-December but didn't hear back? I am dying here

Count yourself lucky, I haven't heard ANYTHING, not even for an interview since the beginning of September. I'm losing hope...

I'm still desperate as you. My interview went well i thought so I was expecting to hear back on Dec 1st... But nothing... I interviewed with Ms. Sarkis herself. It's likely I am on the waitlist. Anyone know when second round of acceptance is sent out? Jan? When is the deposit due for those who already got accepted?

I'm still desperate as you. My interview went well i thought so I was expecting to hear back on Dec 1st... But nothing... I interviewed with Ms. Sarkis herself. It's likely I am on the waitlist. Anyone know when second round of acceptance is sent out? Jan? When is the deposit due for those who already got accepted?

Usually, second wave of acceptances come out after first deposits are made. It's still early in the cycle, wish you best luck.

Is this school going to give out more interviews

I got an interview last week :soexcited:

Hey!

For people that already interviewed how long did it take? My interview is scheduled at 9:30 and was wondering if I could make a flight in the afternoon. Also for people that took a plane to Boston, did you go to logon airport and what's the easiest/cheapest way to get to BU from there. Sorry if this has already been discussed

Hey!

For people that already interviewed how long did it take? My interview is scheduled at 9:30 and was wondering if I could make a flight in the afternoon. Also for people that took a plane to Boston, did you go to logon airport and what's the easiest/cheapest way to get to BU from there. Sorry if this has already been discussed
I got out of my interview at around 2:45 PM. I flew into and out of Logan Airport and there's actually a bus that takes you directly to the airport from the city for about $5, or for free if you have a Charlie Card. Look into the buses; I have no idea where the stops are since my cousin who lives in Boston directed me.

Anybody a pre-dec interview that hasn't heard anything yet?? It Still says "invited for interview" under AADSAS, called to ask for update in Dec, i'll prob. Call again to check the status in a day or two

Anybody a pre-dec interview that hasn't heard anything yet?? It Still says "invited for interview" under AADSAS, called to ask for update in Dec, i'll prob. Call again to check the status in a day or two

Im on same boat as you. Interviewed relatively early but I haven't heard back. I emailed and called. No response to email and when I called they just told me my app is still under review by the committee :(

Declined my interview on Jan. 23. Hopefully that helps someone. I know BU is a great school with a great reputation internationally. I also have several friends there and they seem pretty happy and satisfied. Good luck to everyone in this cycle ^^

Are interviews still being offered or should I just give up hope?

They are awfully quiet... Has any post december interviewer heard back?

It's not over til you get your rejection letter. Keep your heads up.

I'm pretty sure BU lost my application.

Reactions: 2 users
Just found out i was placed on their "alternate" list, does anybody else know about this and how it works? Is this the same as a the waiting list? Do i have a realistic chance of getting in?

Just found out i was placed on their "alternate" list, does anybody else know about this and how it works? Is this the same as a the waiting list? Do i have a realistic chance of getting in?
It really depends on your stats and where you are on the list.
If anything, I am withdrawing my acceptance within the next week, so hopefully there will be movement from the wait list sometime soon!

How did you find out? Did you get an email?

It really depends on your stats and where you are on the list.
If anything, I am withdrawing my acceptance within the next week, so hopefully there will be movement from the wait list sometime soon!
Ahhh I wonder how they make up the list!! Do you have any ideas?

For those who were placed on the alternate list, were u guys interviewed?

Last edited:
For those who were placed on the alternate list, were u guys interviewed?
I don't think it's possible to be put on any alternate/wait list if you weren't interviewed? :shrug:

So is alternative list same as waitlist? I still haven't heard back.......... :/

Are they still handing out interview invites?