***The Official ASDOH Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an interview invite 2 days ago, the only date I saw available was 9/27. Anyone else interviewing on the same day?

Does anyone know if the interviews are individual, or group?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

This guy.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone that interviewed this week want to give any clues as to what the "manual dexterity test" is? Is it hard or easy?

I somehow overlooked that ASDOH requires a community service supervisor LOR when I submitted my aadsas application. In my aadsas app, i had 2 science professors, 1 research prof, and 1 dentist LOR. Since there is no secondary app and all 4 letters spots have been filled, how i can submit the service LOR to the school. There is no separate secondary app where i can upload the letter. What to do? Do i have to email LOR to the school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I somehow overlooked that ASDOH requires a community service supervisor LOR when I submitted my aadsas application. In my aadsas app, i had 2 science professors, 1 research prof, and 1 dentist LOR. Since there is no secondary app and all 4 letters spots have been filled, how i can submit the service LOR to the school. There is no separate secondary app where i can upload the letter. What to do? Do i have to email LOR to the school?

There is a secondary application where you upload two LORs and a LOR from a community service supervisor.

The volunteer letter is either mailed directly to the address provided, or uploaded through a separate third party website. Hope that helps!

For those interviewed, since ASDOH does not show up under "School Decisions," does the ASDOH secondary application portal change at all? I seriously think my application is best fit for this school, but have not heard a word from them, other than viewing my application complete 8/17/16 on the ASDOH secondary application portal... I'm getting worried.

Also, approximately what time of the day do they usually send invites? Same time for everyone, or varies?

I'm scheduled for an interview (9/27) and I still have nothing for ASDOH under "School Decisions". I received the email for interview invite at 12:48pm EST, so it was 9:48am when they sent it (since AZ is PST).

I'm scheduled for an interview (9/27) and I still have nothing for ASDOH under "School Decisions". I received the email for interview invite at 12:48pm EST, so it was 9:48am when they sent it (since AZ is PST).
Alright, no good news for me yet..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, for those who already interviewed, did anyone get an email from Azra today? I'm trying to see if it was sent to everyone or not...:eek:

Got another email from Azra today. Something about "pending decision". it's a pretty promising email.

Still being considered!! AHHHHH
I was so nervous for this email, good luck to everyone as well!

For those who already had their interviews, where did you all stay? Any hotels in the area that provide free shuttle service to the university? Thanks in advance! :)

For those who already had their interviews, where did you all stay? Any hotels in the area that provide free shuttle service to the university? Thanks in advance! :)

I booked a room with Airbnb, very cheap, ubered to and from university and airport..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Both uber and lyft work in Mesa, right?

Both uber and lyft work in Mesa, right?

Haha you do realize that Mesa is one of the largest suburban areas in the nation....over 500K and more people than Miami or St. Louis. So, uh, yeah they have uber and Lyft.

Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport has Super Shuttle! I would recommend that if you are interested in saving money!

I stayed at La Quinta. I would recommend them as they have a free shuttle to ASDOH. Take Super shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport.

I've yet to hear anything back from them after they recieved my EC LOR. Anyone else gotten interviews yet? If so can you post your DAT/GPA/IN-OUT State?

Just had my interview here a few weeks back. Staff, students, and interviewers are very friendly and I was impressed by the quality of their campus and what they had to offer!

I've yet to hear anything back from them after they recieved my EC LOR. Anyone else gotten interviews yet? If so can you post your DAT/GPA/IN-OUT State?

Got an interview invite today for November 7th
19 DAT
17 PAT
21 Reading
No sections below a 17
3.9 GPA
3.85 science
Out of state

Can anyone who interviewed here please tell me how it was?

Got an interview invite today for November 7th
19 DAT
17 PAT
21 Reading
No sections below a 17
3.9 GPA
3.85 science
Out of state

Can anyone who interviewed here please tell me how it was?
You have a solid GPA for me it was supper interrogative regarding my academic setbacks. I was disappointed because they really emphasize community service and I went in with the mindset to discuss the various endeavors that I took part in but they kept telling me stats on how rigorous the curriculum is and how many students end up dropping out in the first two weeks. It was really discouraging and it seemed like they wandered off a bit while I was talking, at times.

@Michelle1993 Just an FYI, ASDOH has people sign a non-disclosure form when they interview, so legally people can't disclose what happened on interview day. I hope you get your answers, but I don't know if many people are willing to compromise themselves/a shot at gaining acceptance.

I was just looking at my school decision list on AADSAS and saw that AT Stills is no longer on that list. I have already interviewed here and received the "still being considered" email. Did this happen to anyone else?

I was just looking at my school decision list on AADSAS and saw that AT Stills is no longer on that list. I have already interviewed here and received the "still being considered" email. Did this happen to anyone else?
I've never had it on my list.

I got this email today saying " I challenge you to remain steadfast in the trajectory of your application process by completing the secondary application, if you are chosen to receive one. "
I didn't know that you had to be selected to receive a secondary. I didn't complete the secondary on purpose, because I already have an interview with MWU-AZ and I didn't want to spend the money going back to AZ. I already have 5 interviews and I was hesitant in completing the secondary for ASDOH. Is there another secondary that I don't know about?

Hey guys and gals. I know some of you have already had your interviews, and I don't know how much help I can be with that specific section because it sounds like the interview process has changed a bit, but I am a current D1 student at ASDOH and can periodically check and answer any questions you might have about the program/life in AZ.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys and gals. I know some of you have already had your interviews, and I don't know how much help I can be with that specific section because it sounds like the interview process has changed a bit, but I am a current D1 student at ASDOH and can periodically check and answer any questions you might have about the program/life in AZ.
  1. What was your GPA/DAT/instate-or-outofstate?
  2. What's class/student life been like the first year?
  3. Hardest class? Easiest class?
  4. How has your stress been?
  5. How is the stress of your peers?
  6. Do they push you to be cutthroat/gunners to specialize a lot?
  7. Best advice?
  8. Do you have anything you wish you'd known when you were interviewing?
  9. How many students per instructor are there in clinic and whats the student:faculty ratio outside clinic?
  10. What kind of procedures will I be able to do in clinic?
  11. How many days a week am I guaranteed a chair in clinic to schedule patients? I know you dont generally get as much your first year but you may know.
  12. How are students expected to get patients?
  13. Are there many hidden costs that you didnt know or wish you knew about before you started?
  14. Is your literature all e-based or still general book based?

Thanks a ton for your help!

1. What was your GPA/DAT/instate-or-outofstate?
  2. What's class/student life been like the first year?
  3. Hardest class? Easiest class?
  4. How has your stress been?
  5. How is the stress of your peers?
  6. Do they push you to be cutthroat/gunners to specialize a lot?
  7. Best advice?
  8. Do you have anything you wish you'd known when you were interviewing?
  9. How many students per instructor are there in clinic and whats the student:faculty ratio outside clinic?
  10. What kind of procedures will I be able to do in clinic?
  11. How many days a week am I guaranteed a chair in clinic to schedule patients? I know you dont generally get as much your first year but you may know.
  12. How are students expected to get patients?
  13. Are there many hidden costs that you didnt know or wish you knew about before you started?
  14. Is your literature all e-based or still general book based?
Thanks a ton for your help!

Sorry! I've had some Ipad issues today.

All great questions. I'll try to answer as many of them as I can.

I had a 3.2 GPA coming in and a 20 DAT. I really liked how the ADCOM looked at the bigger picture and saw the whole application. First year has been good. Tough, but good. I'm from out of state and I'd say the class is mostly out of state but there's a handful of local students. It's a lot of work and it's taken some adjusting, but if you work hard it's not too bad. Everything is electronic, all the notes can be downloaded and used right off your laptop or ipad.

I don't think there's a big push from the school for students to specialize. I know a lot of people want to specialize, but we're also in our first year so that's expected. I think the class ahead of us had a large number of people apply to specialty programs, but I think that's becoming more of a trend at most dental schools.

Some general advice about interviewing, just enjoy the time and be yourself. As much as you can, try to let them see who you are. They really spend time trying to get to see who you are during the interview and the more you can show them you care and are serious, the better off you'll be.

We haven't had a lot of exposure to the clinic, we start our clinical work our third year, but I have heard a few things. I do know that since ASDOH doesn't have many residency programs (they have an AEGD and Ortho residency, but no perio, endo, os, pedo or prosth) the students at ASDOH get a lot more experience with specialized procedures most students would not normally get at a school with residency programs. I also don't think you will find getting patients to be a problem. We have a clinic on campus that is rarely empty (from my understanding) and I haven't heard of anyone complaining about not being able to find patients.

There's a lot to consider with every dental school, I know ASDOH has been a great school and I couldn't imagine going somewhere else.

Hopefully that's helpful for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So i just booked my flight to Phoenix-Skyharbor airport for this interview (there were no flights to Phoenix-mesa airport from my city). Anyone else run into this?

So i just booked my flight to Phoenix-Skyharbor airport for this interview (there were no flights to Phoenix-mesa airport from my city). Anyone else run into this?
Sky Harbor is still pretty close to the school. I flew there, nbd

I flew to sky harbor. It's only 20-30 minutes from Mesa depending on the traffic. It's not a big deal.

Hey guys, so I'm interviewing here on Nov 14. On the interview invitation email it said that we are having a panel interview and MMIs. Im a bit confused as to whether we are having one or the other or both. How many MMIs? And, how difficult are they? Please let me know whoever went for an interview this cycle.

Hey guys, so I'm interviewing here on Nov 14. On the interview invitation email it said that we are having a panel interview and MMIs. Im a bit confused as to whether we are having one or the other or both. How many MMIs? And, how difficult are they? Please let me know whoever went for an interview this cycle.
It's 3. Group, MMI, 2on1. All low stress

For those of you that know the area or interviewed, any recommendations of places to visit/eat around ASDOH?

Status
Not open for further replies.