***The Official ASDOH Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukrainochka

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Requirements for Admission
1. A minimum of three years (90 semester hours or 135 quarter hours). A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
2. Computer literacy in the operation and management of a laptop computer.
3. Applicants are required to submit to a criminal background check at their own expense.
4. All applicants are required to complete the American Dental Admissions Test (DAT). Preference is given to those who provide DAT scores by December 15 of each application year. No scores older than three years will be accepted.
5. Applications must have a minimum cumulative and science grade point average of 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale). The overall and science GPA, the school(s) attended and the rigor of the academic course load are all assessed on an individual basis.
6. Applicants must complete the following courses prior to matriculation: • General Biology – one year lecture and lab, minimum of 8 semester hours/12 quarter hours (zoology or microbiology are acceptable alternatives)* • General Chemistry – one year lecture and lab, minimum of 8 semester hours/12 quarter hours* • Organic Chemistry – one year lecture and lab, minimum of 8 semester hours/12 quarter hours* • Human Physiology – 3 semester hours/4 quarter hours* • Biochemistry – 3 semester hours/4 quarter hours – upper division* • Physics (algebra-based) – one year of lecture and lab, minimum of 8 semester hours/12 quarter hours* • Anatomy - 3 semester hours/4 quarter hours* • English Composition/Technical Writing – minimum of 3 semester hours/4 quarter hours

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
same! I love their focus on volunteering. If you don't mind, does anyone know of stats of people who generally are accepted and whether or not that can be compensated by other factors? I am trying to convince someone that it is not too late to apply!

same! I love their focus on volunteering. If you don't mind, does anyone know of stats of people who generally are accepted and whether or not that can be compensated by other factors? I am trying to convince someone that it is not too late to apply!
According to the most recent guide book published by ADEA, mean sGPA: 3.27, oGPA: 3.37, AA: 19, TS: 19, and PAT: 20. Since this is only school (as far as I know) that wants a letter from a volunteer organization, I personally believe that tons of community service hours and commitment with strong letter of reference from them would compensate GPA and DAT scores.

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone's status complete on ASDOH's portal where we completed the secondary application? My portal says they are missing my LOR's and my test scores.

Is anyone's status complete on ASDOH's portal where we completed the secondary application? My portal says they are missing my LOR's and my test scores.
I do. Portal updated and email notification on 7/29. I submitted the supplemental early July.

I do. Portal updated and email notification on 7/29. I submitted the supplemental early July.
Okay. They said not to contact them for at least two weeks, so I'll call them in a few days. Thanks for the reply.

@californiway21 it only took them about 2 weeks give or take a day or two to update mine after I submitted the secondary. MOSDOH on the other hand, it took them a little over 3 weeks to email me the update.

My application is basically on hold because they said my recommendation letter for the community service letter did not meet the criteria. I honestly don't have anyone else to write the letter for me because I'm not close to my other supervisors, unfortunately. Any advice?

Can you guys let me know what type of community service you were involved in that you used for your Community Service Supervisor Letter. I am trying to contact a manager from a non-profit dental clinic that I volunteered at for 50 hours that specialized in solely providing service to developmentally disabled patients in my home town. Do you think this would meet the community service letter requirement?

Can you guys let me know what type of community service you were involved in that you used for your Community Service Supervisor Letter. I am trying to contact a manager from a non-profit dental clinic that I volunteered at for 50 hours that specialized in solely providing service to developmentally disabled patients in my home town. Do you think this would meet the community service letter requirement?

I would try calling or sending an email. I'm a reapplicant and that happened to me last year because my supervisor spoke more about me as a person than about how we volunteered. I explained a few of the things we did and they counted it right away. They're very understanding!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I would try calling or sending an email. I'm a reapplicant and that happened to me last year because my supervisor spoke more about me as a person than about how we volunteered. I explained a few of the things we did and they counted it right away. They're very understanding!

If you don't mind me asking, why type of community service were you involved in for your letter?

The letter I sent was from a homeless shelter where I volunteered at.

If you don't mind me asking, why type of community service were you involved in for your letter?

Mine was through a service fraternity, and the advisor wrote the letter. I just told them about events we participated in and they were fine with it!

It said to send the letter in to a MO address. Was that correct or should I have tracked down an Arizona address?

@Mr. Krebs This is the address I sent mine to and it took them like 15 days to say my app was complete.

ASDOH Admissions
800 West Jefferson Street
Kirksville, MO 63501

This was the address that was in that section of the supplemental for ASDOH.

Is anyone else here a reapplicant? I am wondering what interview day is like...

Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

Based on last year's thread, it doesn't look like they start sending out interview invites until late August.

Just got an interview denial email today. I am retaking the DAT on September 12th. Does anyone have any advice for me? Once I get my new scores should I still contact them and let them know of my new scores and see if they will review my application again? Also maybe after I finish more Pre req's and do an academic update?

Just got an interview denial email today. I am retaking the DAT on September 12th. Does anyone have any advice for me? Once I get my new scores should I still contact them and let them know of my new scores and see if they will review my application again? Also maybe after I finish more Pre req's and do an academic update?
I'd call them to make sure they know you are retaking the DAT and that they should wait for your new scores. I saw in a different thread that a school denied somebody and he contacted them telling admissions that he has his new DAT scores and they retracted the denial because they made the mistake of not looking for the new DAT scores.

Is it because of your DAT or other reasons? Id call and ask to make sure....

Anyone hear anything yet? :|
My account is on hold until my volunteer supervisor sends her rec letter. I hate things being out of my hands. All I can do is hope she gets it done soon.

My account is on hold until my volunteer supervisor sends her rec letter. I hate things being out of my hands. All I can do is hope she gets it done soon.
Gahh I hate that! Hopefully everything will work out!

I got an interview, trying to find flights and whatnot.

Reactions: 1 users
Just got an interview! Seriously debating if I should rent a car and sleep in it to save money :/

Hey man, I only saw two interview dates, the 12th and 13th, was this the same for you?
Yeah, it was the same for me. i called and they did say they are using a new system. so that might be why only 2 dates availible. when i went on there first it didn't show any dates availible. after trying an hour later it finally showed some.

i got an interview invite today. my date is September 12th

I got an interview, trying to find flights and whatnot.

Hey man, I only saw two interview dates, the 12th and 13th, was this the same for you?

Yeah, it was the same for me. i called and they did say they are using a new system. so that might be why only 2 dates availible. when i went on there first it didn't show any dates availible. after trying an hour later it finally showed some.

Literally just made this account just to post in this thread, I received my interview acceptance yesterday and also signed up for the 12th of September. I was reading the details of the interview and it says there is a group activity. Does anyone know anything about this part of interview like what they are wanting us to do? Follow-up question, I would think that given the itinerary on the site stating the group activity is only 20 minutes long (11:40 a.m – 12:00 p.m. – Group Activity) that it's meet and greet to gauge how we can adapt to a new group and socialize with peers, would any of you all like to exchange info beforehand so we are not 100% cold called to the meeting?

I went on a tour of ASDOH since i just live down the street from the school. The girl giving the tour said that the group activity is nothing too strenuous. They give us a problem to solve and wet have to work as a team. They want to gauge of we're able to work together without being too passive and being too cocky.

Mannnnnn.... I hope I get an interview here. Love Arizona, had tons of community service as an undergrad.

First interview of the cycle for me and its for ASDOH!

Notification date: 9/1/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: IL
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/15/16
GPA (science, overall): 3.14 sGPA, 3.37 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19 AA / 19 TS / 20PAT / 18 RC / none

400+ hours volunteering
almost 3 years dental assisting experience

I am so excited! this is one of my top choices!

Anyone else notice the part of the interview email that says "manual dexterity test" during the interview schedule? I wonder what it will be... any insight?

Can someone who has interviewed before explain the MMI and what they ask?

Received an interview invite today. Second interview

Received an interview invite today. Second interview
What are your stats like, if you don't mind? I have had my application completed since 8/17/2016 and have heard absolutely no word from them. No rejection or interview invitation at all. :/

What are your stats like, if you don't mind? I have had my application completed since 8/17/2016 and have heard absolutely no word from them. No rejection or interview invitation at all. :/

PM me and I'll let you know.

Got an interview invite 2 days ago, the only date I saw available was 9/27. Anyone else interviewing on the same day?

Does anyone know if the interviews are individual, or group?

Got an interview invite 2 days ago, the only date I saw available was 9/27. Anyone else interviewing on the same day?

Does anyone know if the interviews are individual, or group?

Congrats! Interviews are 1/2 staff, individual.

And to everyone worrying about the MMIs, don't worry about it. They were less stressful than I thought they'd be, so just be yourself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.