The Official Anki Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
step1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
step2.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
step3.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
step4.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
result.jpg

I wind up with this! I'm not great at math, but even I know 80+99 != 112.

Also, I have "bury related cards" unchecked on both new and review settings.

Members don't see this ad.

View attachment 186687
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 186688
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 186689
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 186690
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
View attachment 186691

I wind up with this! I'm not great at math, but even I know 80+99 != 112.

Also, I have "bury related cards" unchecked on both new and review settings.

I see what you mean about 80+99 not totaling 112, lol. I've noticed that when I do a custom study session, if I have any cards that are still in "learning" mode, they'll get redesignated as "new." So you had 6 "learning" cards due today according to your first screenshot, but maybe you have other "learning" cards due tomorrow or at a later date, and those "learning" cards are getting redesignated as "new" cards in your deck. Still, I don't think this is the problem, because you say that you're seeing the same cards multiple times. If my original guess was the real problem, you wouldn't be seeing duplicates. I'm assuming you're not seeing them over and over again due to your own rating of the cards, but it just doesn't add up.

0) Under options, what's your max new cards per day set to? Maybe there are more new cards than you think because you have it set to a deceptively low number.

1) Can you poke around in the Browser view for that custom deck and see how many cards it thinks are in the deck? The number in the deck should display at the top of the window, like this:

upload_2014-11-2_18-38-16.png

2) Maybe you've tried this, but I suggest running the check for duplicates command by going to the browser window menu, Edit -> Find Duplicates.

3) Again in the browser, search for Genetics cards that are in learning mode. You can do this by searching for this:

upload_2014-11-2_18-36-35.png

If there are way more than 6 results for that search, maybe that's why cards are being listed as "new" in excess of the 112 you expected.

Edit: If you could also include a screenshot of the deck options you have selected, that might be useful info.

options.jpg
I see what you mean about 80+99 not totaling 112, lol. I've noticed that when I do a custom study session, if I have any cards that are still in "learning" mode, they'll get redesignated as "new." So you had 6 "learning" cards due today according to your first screenshot, but maybe you have other "learning" cards due tomorrow or at a later date, and those "learning" cards are getting redesignated as "new" cards in your deck. Still, I don't think this is the problem, because you say that you're seeing the same cards multiple times. If my original guess was the real problem, you wouldn't be seeing duplicates. I'm assuming you're not seeing them over and over again due to your own rating of the cards, but it just doesn't add up.

0) Under options, what's your max new cards per day set to? Maybe there are more new cards than you think because you have it set to a deceptively low number.

1) Can you poke around in the Browser view for that custom deck and see how many cards it thinks are in the deck? The number in the deck should display at the top of the window, like this:

View attachment 186693

2) Maybe you've tried this, but I suggest running the check for duplicates command by going to the browser window menu, Edit -> Find Duplicates.

3) Again in the browser, search for Genetics cards that are in learning mode. You can do this by searching for this:

View attachment 186692

If there are way more than 6 results for that search, maybe that's why cards are being listed as "new" in excess of the 112 you expected.

Edit: If you could also include a screenshot of the deck options you have selected, that might be useful info.

Thanks for helping me! :)

0) 9999 and 9999. I wish I had time to put any off. That'd be awesome!
1) It lists 100 cards as part of the custom study session deck.
2) It found duplicates in my anatomy cards, but that's because image occlusion doesn't always name files uniquely. Searching for cards which I know I already did earlier today (kicked out at least 1 day) reveals only 1 copy of them. Some of those only have 1 cloze.
3) It showed just the cards I would have expected to be in learning mode (like 12 at the moment).

Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 186694

Thanks for helping me! :)

0) 9999 and 9999. I wish I had time to put any off. That'd be awesome!
1) It lists 100 cards as part of the custom study session deck.
2) It found duplicates in my anatomy cards, but that's because image occlusion doesn't always name files uniquely. Searching for cards which I know I already did earlier today (kicked out at least 1 day) reveals only 1 copy of them. Some of those only have 1 cloze.
3) It showed just the cards I would have expected to be in learning mode (like 12 at the moment).

If it lists 100 cards as part of the custom study session deck but isn't finding any duplicates, there can't be (well, shouldn't be) any duplicates in that custom study session. However, just to be sure we're on the same page, here's a silly question: When you do Find Duplicates, it asks you which field you want to look in. Did you choose the field named Text? Because that's the field used by Cloze deletion cards.

upload_2014-11-2_18-59-50.png

Another thought... If you go into the browser and manually scroll through the custom study session deck, are you seeing cards listed twice?

If there really aren't duplicates, but you ARE seeing cards multiple times despite answering "Good," there's one more thing you can check. Go to the Browser, find a card that you KNOW you saw twice today for no good reason, click it, then click the Info button. It'll give you a screen that will show you your history with that card and tell you what intervals you assigned it... Hard to explain, but it looks like this:

upload_2014-11-2_19-5-32.png

That should give you concrete proof that you did see it twice today, as well as confirm the interval you selected when you rated your knowledge of the card. I'd love to see that screenshot.

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-2_18-55-31.png
    upload_2014-11-2_18-55-31.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 67
info.jpg

I think I've found a good example. @surely

As far as the duplicates, I searched for "text" and found 0.

The cards in the custom study deck appear unique to me, but there are 100 of them, and if they're mixed up enough, then I'm probably not going to be able to remember 50 cards back when I saw that duplicate one as I scroll. Sorting didn't reveal any obvious duplicates.

Edit: I should be clear, I'm seeing repeats when I "rebuild" the deck, and I'm given strange options when I see them like "Again (<1)" and "Good (4 days)," but no others! I've never seen "Good (4 days)" together with "again" and not also have some intermediate option. Usually if I have only 2 options, I marked that card "again" because I got it wrong and the only other option is "Good (1 day)."

View attachment 186700

I think I've found a good example. @surely

As far as the duplicates, I searched for "text" and found 0.

The cards in the custom study deck appear unique to me, but there are 100 of them, and if they're mixed up enough, then I'm probably not going to be able to remember 50 cards back when I saw that duplicate one as I scroll. Sorting didn't reveal any obvious duplicates.

Edit: I should be clear, I'm seeing repeats when I "rebuild" the deck, and I'm given strange options when I see them like "Again (<1)" and "Good (4 days)," but no others! I've never seen "Good (4 days)" together with "again" and not also have some intermediate option. Usually if I have only 2 options, I marked that card "again" because I got it wrong and the only other option is "Good (1 day)."

That's a great example! I was about to post that it was the strangest thing I've ever seen Anki do, but then I saw your edit. Your edit makes things clearer, but let me just make sure I get this straight:

1) You build the deck.
2) You answer a bunch of cards.
3) You rebuild the deck.
4) Some of the cards you see after rebuilding the deck are the same as the ones you saw in step 2.

Is this a correct summary of events? If so...that sounds like normal behavior to me, because when you rebuild it and select the "All cards in random order" filter, it grabs a random set of 100 cards without regard for how recently you've reviewed them or when they're scheduled for. Rebuilding the deck is what's causing this problem.

There are ways around this - Go to Tools -> Create Filtered Deck and play around with the search terms to explicitly exclude cards that were studied today. To exclude cards you've seen today, you'd say "-rated:1" without the quotation marks. You can also explicitly change the steps in that screen to ensure that you have more options than just <1 and 4 days.

upload_2014-11-2_19-48-56.png

The strange options you're seeing are because the cards are still in learning/new mode. The Anki manual kinda explains it, but not well: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#steps-&-returning The best way I can explain it is to say that custom studying deliberately undermines the Anki spacing algorithm, so it doesn't have a good set of options to present you with. Not the world's best justification, I know.

Edit: This is actually the section that explains the crappy options that it comes up with: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#reviewing-ahead

That's a great example! I was about to post that it was the strangest thing I've ever seen Anki do, but then I saw your edit. Your edit makes things clearer, but let me just make sure I get this straight:

1) You build the deck.
2) You answer a bunch of cards.
3) You rebuild the deck.
4) Some of the cards you see after rebuilding the deck are the same as the ones you saw in step 2.

Is this a correct summary of events? If so...that sounds like normal behavior to me, because when you rebuild it and select the "All cards in random order" filter, it grabs a random set of 100 cards without regard for how recently you've reviewed them or when they're scheduled for. Rebuilding the deck is what's causing this problem.

There are ways around this - Go to Tools -> Create Filtered Deck and play around with the search terms to explicitly exclude cards that were studied today. To exclude cards you've seen today, you'd say "-rated:1" without the quotation marks. You can also explicitly change the steps in that screen to ensure that you have more options than just <1 and 4 days.

View attachment 186701

The strange options you're seeing are because the cards are still in learning/new mode. The Anki manual kinda explains it, but not well: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#steps-&-returning The best way I can explain it is to say that custom studying deliberately undermines the Anki spacing algorithm, so it doesn't have a good set of options to present you with. Not the world's best justification, I know.

Edit: This is actually the section that explains the crappy options that it comes up with: http://ankisrs.net/docs/manual.html#reviewing-ahead

Wow thank you so much! I'll give that a try! You da bomb! ;D

Reactions: 1 user
Image occlusion takes way the hell too long. Find decks that were already made.

Image occlusion takes way the hell too long. Find decks that were already made.

For what it's worth, the Image Occlusion add-on had an update a month and a half ago that made it INCREDIBLY slow to use. Like, it would lag for a second or two while I was drawing my little rectangles. I recently uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's back to being super speedy. If you're having a similar problem, give that a try and let me know if it helps.

I don't really get image occlusion in the first place. Not a single question on any of my anatomy exams was a labeling exam. I sure wish there were some, because they'd be freakin easy. But I feel like I'm wasting time going through and just answering labeling. Now I'm not sure how effective image occlusion is for other subjects. Honestly I like good ole fashion flashcards or the cloze thing( even though I barely use anki) with pics in the answer. Here's to going my next anatomy exam has a question with an arrow pointing to PSIS. Lol

I don't really get image occlusion in the first place. Not a single question on any of my anatomy exams was a labeling exam. I sure wish there were some, because they'd be freakin easy. But I feel like I'm wasting time going through and just answering labeling. Now I'm not sure how effective image occlusion is for other subjects. Honestly I like good ole fashion flashcards or the cloze thing( even though I barely use anki) with pics in the answer. Here's to going my next anatomy exam has a question with an arrow pointing to PSIS. Lol

Image occlusion helps me build a mental catalog of what should be where, giving context to otherwise disconnected structures that I'm learning about. I don't learn well by sitting down with a fully-labeled picture and exploring it - I learn by masking all the labels and revealing them one by one to narrow my focus.

That being said, my anatomy class does have questions where I have to label radiology or histology slides, which image occlusion has prepared me very well for. Our practical exams also ask us to label pinned structures, and image occlusion has definitely helped me there too, though it's no substitute for spending time in the cadaver lab.

Reactions: 2 users
Image occlusion helps me build a mental catalog of what should be where, giving context to otherwise disconnected structures that I'm learning about. I don't learn well by sitting down with a fully-labeled picture and exploring it - I learn by masking all the labels and revealing them one by one to narrow my focus.

That being said, my anatomy class does have questions where I have to label radiology or histology slides, which image occlusion has prepared me very well for. Our practical exams also ask us to label pinned structures, and image occlusion has definitely helped me there too, though it's no substitute for spending time in the cadaver lab.

I feel the same way. IO helps me none in terms of written anatomy exams, but it helps an incredible amount with lab exams. Also, like you're saying, it helps with getting your initial bearings. The inguinal canal is hard enough to learn initially without using pictures to illustrate wtf is going on. To do that, you need to know what is being explained. To know that, you need to associate the words with a structure.

tl;dr: IO is great for background info!

The way that I've been using Anki is to copy/paste from the course pack and handouts, but it takes me at least 2.5 hours to get through each day's lecture. At the end of each card-making session, I really don't feel like reviewing the cards at all and end up putting them off until the weekend. Unfortunately, we have quizzes almost daily at my school and tests every other week. As such, the way that I use Anki ends up essentially being a cram session on the weekends to get through 200> cards. Obviously, not the best use of a spaced-repetition program.

Any advice? Do you guys think that it would be a better use of Anki to make say 10 cards at a time, review those cards, then make 10 more, review, etc. until I finish making cards for a given lecture? Alternatively, my problem might just be that I'm really slow at making cards or my overall approach, which is to use Anki to really drill in minute details from biochem/cell bio lectures.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) 30 cards per day is an absurdly low number! Did you maybe mean 300? Anyway, here are my settings... if you have specific questions about why I chose a certain value, please let me know:

View attachment 185241 View attachment 185242View attachment 185243View attachment 185244

I've never heard of this before. I googled "Anki edit to customize" and saw a few other people reporting the same problem. It sounds like the card template you're using has "edit to customize" written in to every card. This should help you fix it: When one of those cards comes up in review, hit E or click Edit to bring up the editing view. Then click the Cards... button in that view, and see if the Front or Back Template fields have the "Edit to Customize" text in their boxes. You can then delete that line of text from the template. You should also come back here and tell me what that note type is - To find out the name of the note type, look at the top of the window that shows the templates. For instance, if it was called BananaNote, the window showing the templates would say in the title bar "Card Types for BananaNote". However, I'm not sure what to make of the fact that you have multiple cards with the same information... Have you tried using the Remove Duplicates/Find Duplicates option?

I make cards the same day as lectures. Sometimes I manage to make cards during lecture, depending on the subject, but that's less common. I try to review my cards for the day before lecture, attend lecture (or stream it from home), then make new cards for that day's material and review those cards. That's basically all I do to study.

Can you explain why you chose the numbers you did for New/day and Review/day? If I understand correctly, your settings allow you to potentially see up to 5000 cards per deck per day. This seems like an extremely high number.

The way that I've been using Anki is to copy/paste from the course pack and handouts, but it takes me at least 2.5 hours to get through each day's lecture. At the end of each card-making session, I really don't feel like reviewing the cards at all and end up putting them off until the weekend. Unfortunately, we have quizzes almost daily at my school and tests every other week. As such, the way that I use Anki ends up essentially being a cram session on the weekends to get through 200> cards. Obviously, not the best use of a spaced-repetition program.

Any advice? Do you guys think that it would be a better use of Anki to make say 10 cards at a time, review those cards, then make 10 more, review, etc. until I finish making cards for a given lecture? Alternatively, my problem might just be that I'm really slow at making cards or my overall approach, which is to use Anki to really drill in minute details from biochem/cell bio lectures.

For any given anatomy lecture, I'll make ~150 cards. Other classes it's more like ~80. That's every day, so I end up with ~300 new cards per day. New cards, generally, take about 1 minute per card (if you're really slow) to study. This means that you'll spend ~6 hours per day studying new material (not to mention old material or even MAKING the cards, which takes a while). Yet, here I am still using it. Just knock out the ones which are important (exam next week, quiz tomorrow, etc). When I finish a unit, I have a "retired" deck which I load them all into. As I review, I suspend ones which I think are low-yield for step 1.

Is Anki a lot of work and totally overboard for block exams? Yes. Will it improve my board scores? I think so (we'll see)!

Can you explain why you chose the numbers you did for New/day and Review/day? If I understand correctly, your settings allow you to potentially see up to 5000 cards per deck per day. This seems like an extremely high number.

I have mine set at 9999 new+review per day. Med school isn't a manageable/reasonable amount of material. You just have to do it anyhow. I study Anki at least 3 hours per day, and I find it's not that hard to keep up with.

@Rik1111 That's manageable. I will also set it to the maximum then. Thanks!

For any given anatomy lecture, I'll make ~150 cards. Other classes it's more like ~80. That's every day, so I end up with ~300 new cards per day. New cards, generally, take about 1 minute per card (if you're really slow) to study. This means that you'll spend ~6 hours per day studying new material (not to mention old material or even MAKING the cards, which takes a while). Yet, here I am still using it. Just knock out the ones which are important (exam next week, quiz tomorrow, etc). When I finish a unit, I have a "retired" deck which I load them all into. As I review, I suspend ones which I think are low-yield for step 1.

Is Anki a lot of work and totally overboard for block exams? Yes. Will it improve my board scores? I think so (we'll see)!

Thanks for the response. I think that I probably just need to utilize the "cram mode" function more.

Also, do you solely Anki lecture material, or do you also try and fit in stuff from review books, i.e. BRS, Rapid Review, etc.?

I solely use Anki for everything that isn't conceptual. Most of med school so far (I'm an M1) has been memorization. I tried to Anki Biochem originally, but I found that it didn't work well. It's helpful to remember things after you learn them, but it can't help you learn big overview things like metabolism.

So for Anatomy, genetics, physio, etc, yes the only thing I use is Anki. Can't wait for pharmacology. I think it's going to be pretty handy! :)

I have mine set at 9999 new+review per day. Med school isn't a manageable/reasonable amount of material. You just have to do it anyhow. I study Anki at least 3 hours per day, and I find it's not that hard to keep up with.

Hahahaha... it's really not! xD

So it is or isn't? Haha, you lost me with these two posts. Do you recommend the settings you've selected or would you go with a lower number? I watched a YouTube video that most of you probably have seen, and the student also sets his to the maximum.

So it is or isn't? Haha, you lost me with these two posts. Do you recommend the settings you've selected or would you go with a lower number? I watched a YouTube video that most of you probably have seen, and the student also sets his to the maximum.
Mind sharing the video?

Mind sharing the video?
If I remember correctly, he only changes the New and Review/day settings to the max and leaves the others as default.

It's like any method of studying for med school: you'll always be behind.

But I find it really, really helpful.

Reactions: 1 users
Currently an M1, considering starting Brosencephalon's Step 1 deck when we start organ systems so I can keep myself up to date on things. Do you think that would be useful or is there something else I should go with?

Also, what's the opinion on Memorang or Firecracker as alternatives? I don't want to spend a ton of money but i'm willing to do so for a good resource. I'm not a huge fan of making my own cards just because of the time it takes - I learn separately and would just want to use a flashcard program to hammer it in. Suggestions?

Currently an M1, considering starting Brosencephalon's Step 1 deck when we start organ systems so I can keep myself up to date on things. Do you think that would be useful or is there something else I should go with?

Also, what's the opinion on Memorang or Firecracker as alternatives? I don't want to spend a ton of money but i'm willing to do so for a good resource. I'm not a huge fan of making my own cards just because of the time it takes - I learn separately and would just want to use a flashcard program to hammer it in. Suggestions?

I've played around with Brosencephalon's Step 1 deck and I really like it, but I'm a bigger fan of making my own cards. It's just the workflow that works best for me, though. I like Brosencephalon's deck WAY more than Firecracker... It's got a faster interface and it's broken up into discrete chunks of information, whereas Firecracker frequently tests you on multiple pieces of information at once. It can be hard to rate your understanding of a question like "What is the origin, innervation, and insertion of the genioglossus?" that has multiple facets. Bad design, IMO.

I've played around with Brosencephalon's Step 1 deck and I really like it, but I'm a bigger fan of making my own cards. It's just the workflow that works best for me, though. I like Brosencephalon's deck WAY more than Firecracker... It's got a faster interface and it's broken up into discrete chunks of information, whereas Firecracker frequently tests you on multiple pieces of information at once. It can be hard to rate your understanding of a question like "What is the origin, innervation, and insertion of the genioglossus?" that has multiple facets. Bad design, IMO.

Das it mane.

I entirely agree that making cards is huge. Just remember to maintain card quality and sufficient context and you'll be fine. It will take a bit of getting used to, but once you get a routine down - so to speak - you'll be able to focus more on the actual material and less on your cards' structure.

Last edited:
Have a question for anki gurus. I am using image occlusion for various images and when i draw a rectangle i like to add text on top of it. Like details about that specific thing. e.g. i am doing MRI for neuroanatomy i want to add name on top of occlusion. if its Internal capsule. Fibers and lesion. What detail i am supposed to recall.

Is it possible to do that? I tried grouping text with occlusion but that doesn't work.

Also I am making deck for step 1 and i want to add images for various micro & path. Any Add on which can help there or simple front back card is the way to go?

Hey guys! Question, I am making a bunch of anki cloze cards. I would like the new cards to be presented to me in order the first time. I have the setting "show new cards in order added" chosen. Unfortunately it will only show me one question from each cloze card. so for example if I have 10 questions per cloze cards and 5 cloze cards, I will see Q1C1 then Q1C2. I would like instead to see Q1C1 Q2C1. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

Hey guys! Question, I am making a bunch of anki cloze cards. I would like the new cards to be presented to me in order the first time. I have the setting "show new cards in order added" chosen. Unfortunately it will only show me one question from each cloze card. so for example if I have 10 questions per cloze cards and 5 cloze cards, I will see Q1C1 then Q1C2. I would like instead to see Q1C1 Q2C1. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it!

Common question! You need to deselect "Bury related new cards until the next day" on the New Cards tab AND the Reviews tab on the options screen:

upload_2015-2-8_12-19-13.png

If you have one note with multiple clozes, Anki will treat those clozes as "siblings," and since siblings are related... they'll get buried if you have that option selected.

Does that help?

PS: It helps, when Googling this kind of thing, to use standardized nomenclature for Anki.

A "Note" is what you add when you're making a new Anki entry. A Note can have multiple "Cards" made out of it if you're using cloze deletion.

For example:

Some days I like to walk around the {{c1::lake}}, but not if it's {{c2::raining}}!

The above example is all one Note and contains two Cards.

Anyway, knowing the distinction between Notes and Cards is very helpful when you're trying to make sense of all the documentation out there. We don't normally capitalize "note" and "card," but it helps for explanation purposes.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Anyone found an anki deck like brosencephalons but without all the apparent errors? I really liked his so if anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated

Anyone found an anki deck like brosencephalons but without all the apparent errors? I really liked his so if anyone has any input it's greatly appreciated

Are you joking? His decks are HUGE and yes there are errors but they are few and far between relatively. All decks have mistakes and most PAID decks/apps have more errors than his. And this this free

Are you joking? His decks are HUGE and yes there are errors but they are few and far between relatively. All decks have mistakes and most PAID decks/apps have more errors than his. And this this free
I don't know. I have just read things like "why are his decks rated so low?" And stuff like that. I have not actually studied his deck, but I was hoping that there would be a deck with less errors or an updated deck. If everyone still recommends his deck then of course I will use it

I don't know. I have just read things like "why are his decks rated so low?" And stuff like that. I have not actually studied his deck, but I was hoping that there would be a deck with less errors or an updated deck. If everyone still recommends his deck then of course I will use it
Why don't you use the decks that have been rectified of his errors?

Why don't you use the decks that have been rectified of his errors?
Oh, I'm not sure whether I have them or not. I got the decks in like October last year. I'll check and make sure. Do you think his decks are the best? I hear memorang has good ones

Oh, I'm not sure whether I have them or not. I got the decks in like October last year. I'll check and make sure. Do you think his decks are the best? I hear memorang has good ones
Get the updated decks that have his errors fixed. You can find them on reddit's threads in the r/medicalschool subreddit.

Memorang is okay but they are making you pay now a monthly fee

Get the updated decks that have his errors fixed. You can find them on reddit's threads in the r/medicalschool subreddit.

Memorang is okay but they are making you pay now a monthly fee
I don't know anything about reddit or subreddit by I'll definitely search and find it. Thanks

I just bought the mobile Anki app. Do the settings you set on the computer program (new/day, reviews/day) transfer to the mobile app? No other set up is required other than creating an AnkiWeb account, correct?

I just bought the mobile Anki app. Do the settings you set on the computer program (new/day, reviews/day) transfer to the mobile app? No other set up is required other than creating an AnkiWeb account, correct?

Right. So long as both the computer and the mobile are logged into your AnkiWeb, the mobile will automatically download all of your cards, settings, and scheduling.

Reactions: 1 users

I definitely recommend playing with the settings and turning on SWIPING! I have mine set up so that swiping upward marks it as Good and swiping downward is Again, and tapping the bottom right corner is Suspend. I love it.

Right. So long as both the computer and the mobile are logged into your AnkiWeb, the mobile will automatically download all of your cards, settings, and scheduling.
Thank you!
I definitely recommend playing with the settings and turning on SWIPING! I have mine set up so that swiping upward marks it as Good and swiping downward is Again, and tapping the bottom right corner is Suspend. I love it.
I agree that this would be the easiest. Swipe left and swipe right both work, but because it requires swiping very near the edge of the glass I turned them back off. I run into problems with swiping up and down. Those actions are not working on my phone. I enabled swipe zones to show me where to swipe. I only have zones on the left and right side of my screen and nothing on top or bottom. I will try it on my iPad.

That's correct - when swiping up or down, you have to do so on either the left or right edge of your screen. This is so that swiping up/down in the middle of the screen can still scroll the page, for really long Anki notes.

I just went to reddit to check out brosencephalon's stuff. I found a thread which has some errata fixed ( im guessing errata is errors in the deck) and I downloaded it. It automatically updated into anki. But, it said it only added 5 cards. Were there only 5 errors? If someone could send me the most updated version of his decks i would really appreciate it. I'm having a little difficulty finding it on reddit ( and I've never been on reddit..aint nobody got time for that)

I just went to reddit to check out brosencephalon's stuff. I found a thread which has some errata fixed ( im guessing errata is errors in the deck) and I downloaded it. It automatically updated into anki. But, it said it only added 5 cards. Were there only 5 errors? If someone could send me the most updated version of his decks i would really appreciate it. I'm having a little difficulty finding it on reddit ( and I've never been on reddit..aint nobody got time for that)
Try this: https://www.mediafire.com/?77nyrv0orayw610

Also I am pretty sure it updated the cards instead of adding new ones. The new ones must have been the ones that were missing before. It probably fixed the errors in the cards you already had.

Question: My friend and I started making anki cards together for our classes so we share the burden of making cards, what are the best ways to sync our decks?

Currently we export the entire deck every day for each other, and once we open the new deck from the other person, new cards and changes will be incorporated to our own existing deck, is there anyway to sync cards more efficiently with another person?

Question: My friend and I started making anki cards together for our classes so we share the burden of making cards, what are the best ways to sync our decks?

Currently we export the entire deck every day for each other, and once we open the new deck from the other person, new cards and changes will be incorporated to our own existing deck, is there anyway to sync cards more efficiently with another person?

If your cards contain images, no, not really.

If not, you can use a shared Google Drive spreadsheet to do this pretty easily. A brief description is here:

https://anki.tenderapp.com/kb/colle...can-i-work-with-someone-else-to-create-a-deck