The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TimmyTurner

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The thread title is a commonly used phrase in HS science classes, and one of the few things that kids actually remember since we have it repeated so many times throughout the curriculum. It's banality is rivaled only by it's relative uselessness.

Some classmates and I were joking the other day about phrases in our classes that are the Pod equivalent of this phrase, so as I reach new procrastination heights here on selection Sunday- what are your curriculum equivalents of this phrase? Here's mine:

"The superior gluteal artery and nerve exit the GSF ABOVE the Piriformis"

"Insulin stimulates glycolytic flux"

Footnote: I want to kick my own ass for posting this thread, but posting it against my better judgement nonetheless.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"In my class, the students who come to class typically get the good grades"

Me: Yeah we'll see about that

Reactions: 1 users
never post a RF Valgus

Reactions: 1 user
The thread title is a commonly used phrase in HS science classes, and one of the few things that kids actually remember since we have it repeated so many times throughout the curriculum. It's banality is rivaled only by it's relative uselessness.

Some classmates and I were joking the other day about phrases in our classes that are the Pod equivalent of this phrase, so as I reach new procrastination heights here on selection Sunday- what are your curriculum equivalents of this phrase? Here's mine:

"The superior gluteal artery and nerve exit the GSF ABOVE the Piriformis"

"Insulin stimulates glycolytic flux"

Footnote: I want to kick my own ass for posting this thread, but posting it against my better judgement nonetheless.

A better one would be the cranial nerves mnemonic ;)

A ha! (OOOTTAFVGVAH)