The Lion King WW Signups and Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I can say that I have a pretty good idea of what Trilt's ability is, and it is not wolfy in any way, shape or form. I was suspicious about her early on because of some off feelings about her posts, but now I'm not sure she's a good target based on the ability claim and some related things behind the scenes.

I also have a good idea i think of her ability, but you do realize how hard that is for me to move her to my village pile haha.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can say that I have a pretty good idea of what Trilt's ability is, and it is not wolfy in any way, shape or form. I was suspicious about her early on because of some off feelings about her posts, but now I'm not sure she's a good target based on the ability claim and some related things behind the scenes.

Now I'm really confused. Trilt made a claim behind the scenes?

Members don't see this ad :)
Actually this discussion makes me feel more confident about Trilt and Pippy. And maybe AM. Now I'm running out of suspicious people though.

Here's a question -- why isn't anyone who claimed to be suspicious of Lyra interested in getting that question answered by shooting her? Because this seems like a nice little Saturday to break some eggs, and she's been a big question mark in my mind for basically this entire game.

Shoot Lyra

Here's a question -- why isn't anyone who claimed to be suspicious of Lyra interested in getting that question answered by shooting her? Because this seems like a nice little Saturday to break some eggs, and she's been a big question mark in my mind for basically this entire game.

Shoot Lyra

Will anyone actually get on board with this?

I still don't trust trilt. Even with what everyone is saying. Actually, just based on pure guessing from what people have posted about her....that very well could be a wolf ability. Again, that's just making an educated guess based on what people are saying on thread.

Reactions: 1 users

Shoot Lyra

Interesting. Actually it makes me wonder why kata wouldn't have shot her because she was doubting the role reveal early on.

I'm a little frustrated by the night cancel; I think we would have gotten good information from this evening.

People are voting for me because they know little, and that is purposeful. We're mid-game and the majority of the field is laid out there for picking and that's not optimal.

I agree with Pippy; I would like Lyra to defend more. We let her go with the role claim and nothing more. Well, I've got a heck of a lot of names filled in the spreadsheet that I finally started last night, and decent guesses on people. I think we've let her slide with no info and with no apparent risk to her for long enough. If she flipped wolf, D1 would be a good analysis.

I just want to hear more from 3m in general. It's easy to read someone village when they're generally village and don't give much to work with... that's a **** defense imo.

Also laughing a little about cheat being on my ass about not being around for my commute last night, but basically nothing from her today.

lynch 3m
shoot Lyra

I hate doing this to people who trust me but

unshoot Deva
shoot Trilt
fwiw, I don't trust you. I just have you lower than several others because of your actions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or why it wasn't used earlier when she's been up for lynch so many days in a row. Has kata even been on today yet?

Zen/Ny thoughts (I'm summarizing instead of quoting things...it would be a lot of quotes and honestly if you want to look through her posts yourself there's only 20 of them anyway):
Early post that was harped on quite a bit - just a really odd interpretation of the opening post of the game, could have been trying to get us off track.
Her reasoning for her early Doc-S vote was just odd. People have been posting lists with feels early on for several games now. I don't know why she would think that was wolfy.
Lots of stuff about possible roles.
Slight shade thrown toward kcough due to lupin's quick concession speech...very hedgey
Another instance of a player complaining about the lack of discussion on the lupin lynch day when she didn't contribute anything to the discussion either.
Called out AM for a weird post but...never did anything about it. Again, these soft call outs that don't apparently cause any change in reads or desire to look into players further, it's one of the same things that I talked about with trilt.
Continued bad logic on Doc-S. I honestly wish I had paid more attention to this when Doc-S was getting lynched because the things that Zen was saying were wolfy about her posts weren't wolfy. Odd, yes, but not lynchable offenses for the reasons Zen stated. Player like Zen using weak/poor logic to push a lynch screams wolfy to me.
Don't too much care for the way she flip flopped on MJ though that's not real strong evidence. Just bringing up something that could have supported him, hedging, waiting to see how others reacted, and then flipping back on him.

The biggest thing is that there is nothing she did in her play that makes me believe that she was villaging. So that carries over to ny, whose posts I can't really draw any conclusions from right now anyway. I'm also liking that as far as I can tell there's not much (if any) on thread interaction between my top two contenders - Zen/ny and trilt. Potentially wolves subconsciously avoiding each other, especially since both are players who tend to call out people who aren't participating as much as usual.

In the process of ISOing Zen I came across a post re: the BBC kill and who would have deduced that she thought her role was funny because she was The Watering Hole. Kara mentioned keeping an eye on those who frequent that thread and were involved in the name change process. Need to come back to that.

I still don't trust trilt. Even with what everyone is saying. Actually, just based on pure guessing from what people have posted about her....that very well could be a wolf ability. Again, that's just making an educated guess based on what people are saying on thread.
My ability definitely could be wolfy. Just like a tracker could be wolfy. It just doesn't happen very often.

Shoot Lyra
Because several of us who wanted to break that egg earlier on got serious backlash for it :p

Reactions: 2 users
My ability definitely could be wolfy. Just like a tracker could be wolfy. It just doesn't happen very often.

Yup, I mean, I've even made a wolf protector before. Anyone could be wolfy. But based on what is most common, your ability (at least what I'm guessing) is more commonly wolfy than other abilities. And the above comment doesn't make me feel much better about you.

And I don't know what others know about you but a giant red flag I've picked up on and have caught many wolves with....

If someone is willing to tell you ability but not character name, you should question that.

and also considering what a cluster the role discussion was yesterday, I am more than ok with Kara's choice of last night.

Last edited:
Yup, I mean, I've even made a wolf protector before. Anyone could be wolfy. But based on what is most common, your ability (at least what I'm guessing) is more commonly wolfy than other abilities. And the above comment doesn't make me feel much better about you.
Lol, it's you, you rarely feel good about me.
And I don't know what others know about you but a giant red flag I've picked up on and have caught many wolves with....

If someone is willing to tell you ability but not character name, you should question that.
Says the person who was called out on doing just that earlier?

Says the person who was called out on doing just that earlier?

I revealed my role name... I was called out for saying ability when someone incorrectly assumed role name alone would be enough.

Have you revealed a role name? Even behind the scenes? Or are you just trying to make things difficult on purpose??

And why exactly would you be upset about a night cancel last night? Hmm? Didn't get to use your extra kill? That's the only reason anyone should be upset about that.

I revealed my role name... I was called out for saying ability when someone incorrectly assumed role name alone would be enough.

Have you revealed a role name? Even behind the scenes? Or are you just trying to make things difficult on purpose??
I'm just saying, you just tried to make a teaching moment out of something you yourself did a couple hours ago.

And yes, I have. No, I am not making things difficult on purpose.

And seriously? You can't possibly imagine any other scenario where I may be frustrated?

I'm just saying, you just tried to make a teaching moment out of something you yourself did a couple hours ago.

And yes, I have. No, I am not making things difficult on purpose.

And seriously? You can't possibly imagine any other scenario where I may be frustrated?

On a night with two kills and two outed protectors... I think any info we could have obtained pales in comparison to keeping those players around and alive. And I'd think most people would agree and not get frustrated by that cancel. Of any night, I think that was a damn good choice.

You have to remember, I didn't get info from my role either, and I'm still not frustrated by that outcome.

Except I didn't do that. I revealed my character just fine. I'm talking about those who reveal ability but are hesitant or refuse to give a character name too.

On a night with two kills and two outed protectors... I think any info we could have obtained pales in comparison to keeping those players around and alive. And I'd think most people would agree and not get frustrated by that cancel. Of any night, I think that was a damn good choice.

You have to remember, I didn't get info from my role either, and I'm still not frustrated by that outcome.
Except I didn't do that. I revealed my character just fine. I'm talking about those who reveal ability but are hesitant or refuse to give a character name too.
I can think it was a solid choice and still be frustrated that it screwed stuff up. :shrug: You're acting like I chewed out Kara or something; I just mildly grumped.

Unofficial Tator Tot Lynch Tally

3m (5)
- DVMD, AM, Deva, trout, Lyra
Deva (3) - Kara, Snowy, kata
trilt (3) - nyanko, Dubz, 3m
lyra (1) - cheat
AM (1) - pippy
pippy (1) - Jil

14/15 votes
Roll call: @Karabiner13
Lynch closes in about 3 hours.

EDITED TO ADD LYRA IN FROM THE NEXT POST

Super Official Shoot Em Up Bang Bang Tally
Deva (1) - Lyra
3m (2) - kata, Jil
ny (2) - DVMD, Dubz
trout (0) -
Lyra (3) - pipsqueak, AM, trout

Waffles: so many
8/15 votes

Sorry I haven't been around today, I'm just stressed out and in a bit of a funk over life stuff and don't have a ton of mental energy to devote to this game. I'm not liking all this pressure on people to role/ability reveal, reminds me of the vet clinic game where everyone got hyperfocused on figuring out the disease categories instead of actually wolf hunting.

Lynch 3m, shoot Deva

But I'll switch my lynch vote to kata if she doesn't come through with proving her ability.

I'd really like to see anything from nyanko....

I think we really need to consider lynching/shooting her. Yes, I know she just joined but the zen question has gone unanswered for far too long.

I should be home in an a little over an hour. Then I'll shoot. Nyanko told me a role name. It honestly seems like we have too many generic animals, which could be covers. Yes I get the lis thing. I just have extra role names that I can't figure out who they belong to and based on lupin's role should be in the game. The numbers aren't adding up for me. But idk. Ok I'll get home and read through more carefully

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Official Lynch Tally
3m
(5) - DVMD, AM, Deva, trout, Lyra
Deva (3) - Kara, Snowy, kata
trilt (3) - nyanko, Dubz, 3m
lyra (1) - cheat
AM (1) - pippy
pippy (1) - Jil

14/15 votes
Roll call: @Karabiner13
Lynch closes in just over 2 hours.

Not sure where a shot should go but I'm currently debating between Deva and Ny. Deva's claim is an easy one for a wolf to fake ("I have a chance of avoiding night kills!" But of course a wolf wouldn't generally get night killed...) but I feel like I don't have enough info on zenny

When this shoot-out is over we can all be a little more like LIS. Lynching the dead.

Not sure where a shot should go but I'm currently debating between Deva and Ny. Deva's claim is an easy one for a wolf to fake ("I have a chance of avoiding night kills!" But of course a wolf wouldn't generally get night killed...) but I feel like I don't have enough info on zenny
Man I hate getting passive roles. You're functionally a vanillager and all you are is sketch (because role revealing doesn't matter since it's so easy for a wolf to claim "passive ability"/vanilla)