Test Tools The Apprentice Doctor How to Suture Wounds Course and Suturing Kit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctor Anton

The Apprentice Doctor - Future Doctors Academy
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
SUTURE WOUNDS PROFESSIONALLY IN NO TIME!
An amazing Certified Suturing Course and a great Suturing Practice Kit - your Simulation Lab in a Box!
Suture-Wounds-Kit.jpg

Dear Student

The Apprentice Doctor® is again offering 3 Apprentice Doctor Suturing Kits as part of the SDN Test Prep Week raffle!
Simply comment on why you feel that practicing suturing in a simulation setting is important.

If you need a suturing tool to gain proficiency in your Suturing skills - the Apprentice Doctor® Suturing Online Course and Kit is your answer.
This is a recent Email received:

Dear Dr Scheepers
Thank you for an excellent product.
I have been teaching the suture skills workshop for the past 4 years at the University of the Witwatersrand. This year I purchased your kit, just to appraise its contents and see if I would recommend it to our students.
The DVD in particular is truly exceptional and emphasizes all the key points that I would like the students to master during the workshop.
I have discussed my view of your product with the clinical graduate coordinator, Dr Lionel Green-Thompson (I have copied him in on this email).
We would like to make this part of the "clinical pack" that we offer the students starting their clinical training. I think that further discussion with regard to this matter will be required.
Thanks again for an excellent resource.
Best Regards

Marshall Murdoch
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

The Apprentice Doctor® "How to Stitch up Wounds" Suturing Course & Kit

The Online Certified Course (also available on a Multimedia CD-ROM) covers:

• How to professionally care for wounds
• How to tie a number of surgical knots (6 practical projects)
• A variety of suturing techniques (13 practical projects)
• About suturing instruments and items, needles, suture thread etc.
• How to neatly tie sutures and avoid ugly scars
• How to hold a needle holder and work with a tissue forceps
• How to properly line up a wound margins
• How to elevate a wound when suturing and why that's important
• How to treat a wounds aseptically and minimize the chance of infection
• How to correct a dog's ear suturing defect
• How to prevent common wound complications like wound dehiscence
• Experience various incredible case studies
• Test your knowledge while having fun - playing suture games
• Assessment modules included for teachers and lecturers
• An accredited suturing certificate available to students who pass their suturing assessment module
Suture-Certificate.jpg

The theory is clearly explained and well illustrated. Suturing and knot tying skills are acquired while students are performing over 20 fun practical projects, and what's more - all the necessary real medical instrument and items are included: Basic Imitation Skin, Needle Holder, Scissors , Suture Material, Suture needles - in total an 18 PIECE SUTURE KIT!!

Recommended training material for All Healthcare Professionals whether prospective, in training or qualified:
Pre-medical students - Medical students - Dental students - Veterinary students

For more information follow this link:

The Apprentice Doctor® How to Suture Wounds Course and Kit

To all SDN members and visitors we are offering this amazing Suturing Course/Kit Combination for a "cut-to-the-bone" $69 (use this coupon to get a $10 discount during the Test Prep week: "ACE2016" ) - and what is more: Shipping is free in the USA and Canada!

Enjoy your suturing course!

The Apprentice Doctor Team

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sounds like it's true to me!

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile
The Kit contains 2 layers of foam rubber with Vinyl on the surface. Students learn the basic suture patterns on this artificial skin and then practice on a suitable cut from the butcher - e.g. pig belly with the skin - for realism. Does that answer your question?