That Dumb Feeling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been doing practice tests and scoring above average but I feel so dumb at times. My test is 8/19 and I'm so depressed yet ready to sit for it.

What can I do this week to help improve my scores( keeping in mind I have no money)?

I'm new to this and I'm just freaking out constantly: I've dreamed about the MCAT and scores for the past week.

Members don't see this ad.

Relax. I'm sort of like you where I'm ready for it (I think) but still nervous. I've scored around where I want as well and what I keep telling myself is "I've already scored what I want to. I just have to do it again, and I know more now than I did when I scored what I wanted to.". Obviously they could throw anything at you test day, but it helps me relax.

Just keep hitting /your weak concepts and maybe do some SB passages again if you haven't done them twice. I test 8/18

I've been doing practice tests and scoring above average but I feel so dumb at times. My test is 8/19 and I'm so depressed yet ready to sit for it.

What can I do this week to help improve my scores( keeping in mind I have no money)?

I'm new to this and I'm just freaking out constantly: I've dreamed about the MCAT and scores for the past week.

Calm down. I mean, really, calm down for a while.
Being too stressed out will make you painful for the rest of your life. So just don't.
You can even take days off before you take the MCAT.
Remember, MCAT tests more of your skills rather than knowledge itself. You should have your skills already, thus doing more practice or something like that is just meaningless.
So just relax. You have done what you can do (hopefully).

Also, if you really feel bad while taking the test due to whatever reasons, such as headache, noise and so on, then just void your exam. Otherwise you may feel pain for the rest of your life.

Dude you've made a bunch of threads like this about the MCAT. What you're feeling is normal. It's normal to be stressed about the test, to dream about it. What's not good is being this down on yourself. You need to trust in your problem solving ability, that will be your biggest tool on test day.

Good luck OP.