Texas PT School Apps 2015-2016 (PTCAS/non-PTCAS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who got accepted to Texas State know what the deposit is? They don't give you any information before requiring you to submit your acceptance of their offer.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who got accepted to Texas State know what the deposit is? They don't give you any information before requiring you to submit your acceptance of their offer.

There is no deposit! I emailed them to make sure:)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard back from UNTHSC yet?

Okay, so far UNT and UTHSCA have only approached early decision applicants, and not regular applicants. Correct?

Okay, so far UNT and UTHSCA have only approached early decision applicants, and not regular applicants. Correct?

I'm not sure. I turned in my application (not early decision) pretty early, and when I emailed to follow up they said they would let me know via email, between now and February. They sent me that email at the end of October.

Just got an email this afternoon for an invitation to interview at UTHSCSA, this is the first I've heard from them. I haven't heard anything from UNT.

Just got an email this afternoon for an invitation to interview at UTHSCSA, this is the first I've heard from them. I haven't heard anything from UNT.
When is the interview date?

I got an email this afternoon for a UTHSCSA interview also. There were options: Thursday dec 10th or Friday dec 11th

Ah, congrats on getting an interview! Good luck!

I got an email from Tech a few weeks ago stating that they wanted to see the transcripts once I am done completely my micro biology course the fall….. I am taking this a positive.. they haven't turned me down but want to wait and see how I do in my Bio course? Has this happened to anyone else?

I got an email today for an interview invitation for December 4 at Texas Tech University Health Science Center (Lubbock campus). This is the last interview day because the email said: "if you cannot make the schedule interview, it will be our last schedule interview until Fall 2016"
I got an email saying that they want to wait and see how i do in my Micro course that ends in few weeks…. Not use how to interpret it..I hope its not the last one…

Please tell me nobody has received phone call from TWU? Super nervous as December started :-(

Members don't see this ad :)
Please tell me nobody has received phone call from TWU? Super nervous as December started :-(

Directly from their website:

Application Deadlines for Fall 2016
  • July 1, 2015 - Begin accepting applications for fall 2016
  • Final deadline is now October 15, 2015
  • December 15, 2015 - Target date for notifying accepted students
  • January 30, 2016 - Target date for notifying Alternates

Why are you nervous? There is about two weeks left.

Directly from their website:

Application Deadlines for Fall 2016
  • July 1, 2015 - Begin accepting applications for fall 2016
  • Final deadline is now October 15, 2015
  • December 15, 2015 - Target date for notifying accepted students
  • January 30, 2016 - Target date for notifying Alternates

Why are you nervous? There is about two weeks left.
I thought they would start making phone calls from early Dec to 15th, well, it's more than 55 phone calls and it would be painful to call every single one in a day. The previous posts mentioned that someone already heard somethings from them but I've never get anything back from their end.

I thought they would start making phone calls from early Dec to 15th, well, it's more than 55 phone calls and it would be painful to call every single one in a day. The previous posts mentioned that someone already heard somethings from them but I've never get anything back from their end.

I have a friend that already got into TWU houston but she got accepted under their new “Selecting Under-represented Cohorts and Creating Enhancement of Skills and Scholastic Achievement in Physical Therapy (SUCCESS-PT).” program. I don't think they have started calling people everyone else yet. You can ask Mary Beth if you're really nervous though!

I have a friend that already got into TWU houston but she got accepted under their new “Selecting Under-represented Cohorts and Creating Enhancement of Skills and Scholastic Achievement in Physical Therapy (SUCCESS-PT).” program. I don't think they have started calling people everyone else yet. You can ask Mary Beth if you're really nervous though!

Damn, whoever came up with that program name deserves a pat on the back...lol

Hi I'm a little new to this website but I somewhat heard about this program from Mary Beth a few months ago except at the time she couldnt tell me the name of it. She did tell me to get in contact Alex Ortiz who is working with the grant because I might qualify for it but I couldnt get in touch with him before the deadline.

Did your friend actually apply conditionally through SUCCESS or was she chosen for the grant based off of her qualifications? If you dont mind me asking.

Hi I'm a little new to this website but I somewhat heard about this program from Mary Beth a few months ago except at the time she couldnt tell me the name of it. She did tell me to get in contact Alex Ortiz who is working with the grant because I might qualify for it but I couldnt get in touch with him before the deadline.

Did your friend actually apply conditionally through SUCCESS or was she chosen for the grant based off of her qualifications? If you dont mind me asking.

I'm fairly certain she applied through SUCCESS but not one hundred percent sure. I know she has been in contact with Alex since he came and talked to our University last spring.

I'm fairly certain she applied through SUCCESS but not one hundred percent sure. I know she has been in contact with Alex since he came and talked to our University last spring.

Oh okay gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Less than a week until TWU sends out there letters. What's the feeling out there. Nervous, stressed, excited?!?!

Less than a week until TWU sends out there letters. What's the feeling out there. Nervous, stressed, excited?!?!
I feel like TWU hurts themselves by not interviewing applicants. Do y'all feel like they get a well rounded class or do they strive more for the high academic achievers?

I had a friend last year who graduated from TWU honors college undergrad, 318 GRE, 1000+ observation hours, 3.8+ GPA's , etc and didn't get in.. so I don't have my hopes up

I feel like TWU hurts themselves by not interviewing applicants. Do y'all feel like they get a well rounded class or do they strive more for the high academic achievers?

I had a friend last year who graduated from TWU honors college undergrad, 318 GRE, 1000+ observation hours, 3.8+ GPA's , etc and didn't get in.. so I don't have my hopes up
@aspiringDPT2019, you made me feel more nervous now. I don't know if I have any chance to get in after knowing they filtered out an applicant with these excellent stats :-(((

Wow that's very unfair. Do you know if that was TWU Houston or Dallas? From what I heard Houston is easier to get into.

Wow that's very unfair. Do you know if that was TWU Houston or Dallas? From what I heard Houston is easier to get into.
It was TWU Dallas since that is where she was at undergrad. I know these freak things happen at every school but it just struck me as odd. The fact that they don't interview makes me think they are more 'academically' stringent when accepting applicants rather than looking holistically. But I didn't understand why she wasn't admitted if thats the case. When she asked for explanation she was just given the typical "Large pool of qualified applicants" response.

@ilotayu , there's no reason to stress now. It's out of your hands! You've done the best you can on your application and if they don't want you- it's probably their loss. Hang in there!

TWU Dallas sent out their first batch of acceptances today. A friend of mine got an email acceptance @ 1pm

Just got a call from Mary Beth! Got accepted into the DPT Program at TWU-Dallas. So excited!

Congrats to those are accepted. Haven't heard anything yet :-(

Congrats! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing??
Last 60 GPA was around 3.85, Pre-Req GPA 3.85. GRE scores were not that good. Don't remember the scores but very average. 200+ hrs observation in outpatient, in patient and SNF. Two letters from physical therapists and one from a judge.

I got accepted to TWU-DALLAS campus this afternoon in the first round! It is my first choice school! I'm so excited!!
My stats aren't that flattering (hopefully that gives some of y'all hope) but here they are:
Verb-147
Quant-146
Writing-3.5
4.0 in last 60 hours
3.8 overall GPA
250+ hours of observation and I'm also a graduate assistant at my university (I think this added to my application). I also had a lot of on campus involvement in my undergrad and a lot of academic and leadership awards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My first choice is the Army-Baylor program in San Antonio since I want to do military physical therapy, but I absolutely loved Texas State and everyone there at the interview, so I think it's my second choice! What about you?
I wanted to do military PT also but I didn't get into Army-Baylor, but I was hoping I could still direct commission after PT school. I really loved Texas State as well when I visited for the interview! I felt like out of the schools I'd visited, my personality fit best at Texas State. Have you tried accessing the our DPT class for texas state? they said we would have access after 12/10 but I don't see it in my TRACS yet!

I got accepted to TWU-DALLAS campus this afternoon in the first round! It is my first choice school! I'm so excited!!
My stats aren't that flattering (hopefully that gives some of y'all hope) but here they are:
Verb-147
Quant-146
Writing-3.5
4.0 in last 60 hours
3.8 overall GPA
250+ hours of observation and I'm also a graduate assistant at my university (I think this added to my application). I also had a lot of on campus involvement in my undergrad and a lot of academic and leadership awards.
I'm faxing my acceptance form back to TWU-Dallas today if I can get a fax number. I only applied at TWU and UNT. Never got a call from UNT. Looks like we will be classmates Lions2015! You and I had similar stats. My GRE scores werent that great as well.

for those who got accepted, when did you guys submit your applications? Could the first round be the early admissions or TWU doesn't do ED this year since they participated PTCAS? The waiting is killing me...

So Mary Beth gives a call? What about an email? Because I might be busy at school or work at that time.

I submitted my application in September, so I was a late applicant. Mary Beth gave me a call and sent me an email (that went to my spam folder).

I went to the TWU open house today and they told us how applications are scored. TWU uses an algorithm to score the academia side of the application (gpa's and gre) and that number is out of 12. They then have a minimum academia score (out of the 12) and will only look at the rest of the application if this score is met. From there 2 faculty members look over your application. They score the rest of your application and it'll total to 28 or so (so academia is 12 points out of the 28 total) So by that number the academia is less than half of the decision. They take into account most other things as opposed to mainly academia but you just have to make it past that minimum academia score (the one out of 12) so they can look at the rest of your application.

I'm faxing my acceptance form back to TWU-Dallas today if I can get a fax number. I only applied at TWU and UNT. Never got a call from UNT. Looks like we will be classmates Lions2015! You and I had similar stats. My GRE scores werent that great as well.

We should make a Facebook group for the people who accept TWU-Dallas! I'm excited to meet my new classmates!!

I sent my application in WAYYYY early lol like over the summer. But I don't think TWU does ED...but I could be wrong. I think this is just the first round of acceptances.

Fire up that Facebook page Lions2015. I already run 4 pages, cant run anymore. But, I'll certainly be interested in finding our new classmates too.
Let me know if or when you create a page. Also there is a Forum in January to meet our classmates.

Reactions: 1 users
Fire up that Facebook page Lions2015. I already run 4 pages, cant run anymore. But, I'll certainly be interested in finding our new classmates too.
Let me know if or when you create a page. Also there is a Forum in January to meet our classmates.

The page is called "TWU-Dallas PT Class of 2019"
Yeah I'll be at the forum in January :) I'll probably ask everyone to add themselves to the page then!

The page is called "TWU-Dallas PT Class of 2019"
Yeah I'll be at the forum in January :) I'll probably ask everyone to add themselves to the page then!
I've been accepted to TWU Dallas as well! I'm excited to meet you guys and everyone else at the forum :)

So I'm guessing many are still waiting to hear back from TWU-Houston? I haven't heard anything and the 15th is tomorrow.

Anybody waiting to hear from UT-EL Paso? I think they have a great DPT program but cant find any recent forums or anybody really applying to their program. I guess because of location? They don't interview either so wondering how they weed out applications :unsure:.