Texas licensure - time to license after "in licensure" status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

da8s0859q

For those who received their Texas licenses in the last year, just curious -- after all materials were received by the TMB, how long did it (a) take for an analyst to be assigned, and (b) grant a permanent license? Of course, I realize the latter depends on application complexity. Just looking for ballparks. The TMB site quotes an average of just over a month, but that was from FY 2010 data. My application is pretty straightforward (as in, no "yes" type responses requiring explanations).

Members don't see this ad.

A friend took a year. He was worried he was going to have to reapply. The communication between the TMB and the applicant is terrible.
But some other friends are saying ~3 months.

For those who received their Texas licenses in the last year, just curious -- after all materials were received by the TMB, how long did it (a) take for an analyst to be assigned, and (b) grant a permanent license? Of course, I realize the latter depends on application complexity. Just looking for ballparks. The TMB site quotes an average of just over a month, but that was from FY 2010 data. My application is pretty straightforward (as in, no "yes" type responses requiring explanations).

Mine took three months, but it was a fairly simple application with no issues.

I found that the tougher part was finding a good job in a state with a favorable practice climate, but that is dominated by 1099 CMG groups.