Texas A&M C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone heard back from them yet? i just had my interview on Friday and am wondering how long they take to let you know if you are accepted or not
I haven't heard back and I was at that interview too. They said either a week or in January. I'm guessing we should know soon since a lot of people said it only took about 5 days from previous interviews

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard back and I was at that interview too. They said either a week or in January. I'm guessing we should know soon since a lot of people said it only took about 5 days from previous interviews
how do u think you did on the interview?

Hello, I recently applied just before the deadline (had some trouble with my current school getting transcripts sent) how long does it usually take to hear when your application is under review?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I recently applied just before the deadline (had some trouble with my current school getting transcripts sent) how long does it usually take to hear when your application is under review?
I think 2 weeks after I sent pharmCAS I got an email saying to submit my supplemental application. About a week and a half after that (so about 3 weeks after I submitted my pharmcas) they offered me an interview. However, I don't know if it's similar since the next interview is in January.

Howdy!

I am currently a pharmacy student at the College Station campus. I figured I'd drop in and give y'all a confidence boost, and answer any questions you do not have answers to yet. It's always exciting to look at new applicants - as I was once in your position. I have no doubt many of my classmates will tune in to this thread to answer questions also.

First off, most of you applying will be wanting to attend the CS campus and there are only about 35 seats available each cycle - making it pretty competitive. It is not clear in what the admission's committee gives preference to when deciding campuses for applicants. HOWEVER, the entire college belongs to Texas A&M University (not TAMUK) so no matter what you will be an Aggie, with the Aggie benefits (class ring, Aggie network, etc.). Texas A&M has the most affordable tuition in the state and allows for rotations in cities like Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi (depending on which campus you attend).

Secondly, those applying late, do not fret... Texas A&M does not use the rolling admissions process (like UH, TTU, etc). I personally submitted my application on the night of the deadline. I also got accepted to all of the schools I applied for (4), and chose Texas A&M because this school has the best value and offers so much to its students.

Lastly, looking at some of y'all's statistics so far, I'd say to you that you are in good shape and have a strong chance of acceptance; based off of the statistics of my classmates and myself. However, your interview is the most important part of your application. Dress professionally, make eye contact as much as possible, and smile/laugh. Texas A&M was the easiest of my interviews compared to others such as Tech and UH, so do not be nervous (it goes by quickly).

I'll probably be floating around on this forum every so often if traffic on this thread is active enough, but that is more likely to be over the winter break/spring. For those with interviews, you are already halfway there, and I wish you the best.

Gig'em

Howdy!

I am currently a pharmacy student at the College Station campus. I figured I'd drop in and give y'all a confidence boost, and answer any questions you do not have answers to yet. It's always exciting to look at new applicants - as I was once in your position. I have no doubt many of my classmates will tune in to this thread to answer questions also.

First off, most of you applying will be wanting to attend the CS campus and there are only about 35 seats available each cycle - making it pretty competitive. It is not clear in what the admission's committee gives preference to when deciding campuses for applicants. HOWEVER, the entire college belongs to Texas A&M University (not TAMUK) so no matter what you will be an Aggie, with the Aggie benefits (class ring, Aggie network, etc.). Texas A&M has the most affordable tuition in the state and allows for rotations in cities like Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi (depending on which campus you attend).

Secondly, those applying late, do not fret... Texas A&M does not use the rolling admissions process (like UH, TTU, etc). I personally submitted my application on the night of the deadline. I also got accepted to all of the schools I applied for (4), and chose Texas A&M because this school has the best value and offers so much to its students.

Lastly, looking at some of y'all's statistics so far, I'd say to you that you are in good shape and have a strong chance of acceptance; based off of the statistics of my classmates and myself. However, your interview is the most important part of your application. Dress professionally, make eye contact as much as possible, and smile/laugh. Texas A&M was the easiest of my interviews compared to others such as Tech and UH, so do not be nervous (it goes by quickly).

I'll probably be floating around on this forum every so often if traffic on this thread is active enough, but that is more likely to be over the winter break/spring. For those with interviews, you are already halfway there, and I wish you the best.

Gig'em

Wheb Isubmitted my pharmcas app I got an email from them 3weeks later for an interview invite. I interviewed on 11/11 got an acceptance email like 5 days after that

Members don't see this ad :)

GPA got verified on 10/13 and I got my invite 10/24. I was originally invited to the 11/11 interview but I already accepted a diff interview offer so I asked to change it to jan. I got an email on monday inviting me to the 1/20 interview

I am interested in any study materials anyone has for PCAT I'm taking in the summer. Particularly Dr Collins. Please email me [email protected]. Thank you and congrats guys!

GPA got verified on 10/13 and I got my invite 10/24. I was originally invited to the 11/11 interview but I already accepted a diff interview offer so I asked to change it to jan. I got an email on monday inviting me to the 1/20 interview
Great! in got invited on Feb 3rd!

Hey y'all!

I'm super pumped that I found this thread, and also congrats to everyone that has been accepted already! I have an invitation to interview on the 20th and I'm excited and scared at the same time.

I am interested in going to the College Station campus, and I know that it is competitive to get in since there are 35 (well less than that now) spots available. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how they got selected for the College Station campus?

Thanks so much!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey y'all!

I'm super pumped that I found this thread, and also congrats to everyone that has been accepted already! I have an invitation to interview on the 20th and I'm excited and scared at the same time.

I am interested in going to the College Station campus, and I know that it is competitive to get in since there are 35 (well less than that now) spots available. Does anyone have any tips or advice on how they got selected for the College Station campus?

Thanks so much!
I will see you there on the 20th as well. Good luck my friend!

Congratulations to everyone who got accepted! My interview is on January 20th too, so I hope to see y'all there! Is there anyone here who lives in Houston and I can catch a ride with to A&M Kingsville? I'm not proficient driving on US 59 because I have driving anxiety on major freeways :(

What's up y'all. I thought since it's a new semester/new year I'd tune in to this thread again. I see many of you have received interviews/acceptances and I am excited to meet you guys in the fall. Those of you still grinding it out, keep up the hard work :thumbup:

I would like to note that the college has approved the opening of 7 seats on the college station campus making it around 42 seats for the incoming P1 class this year. Pretty sweet. Also, if you guys have any questions regarding anything relating to interviewing, student life/workload, the town, etc. -- feel free to message me directly; many of you guys have asked a bunch of great questions so far :)

What's up y'all. I thought since it's a new semester/new year I'd tune in to this thread again. I see many of you have received interviews/acceptances and I am excited to meet you guys in the fall. Those of you still grinding it out, keep up the hard work :thumbup:

I would like to note that the college has approved the opening of 7 seats on the college station campus making it around 42 seats for the incoming P1 class this year. Pretty sweet. Also, if you guys have any questions regarding anything relating to interviewing, student life/workload, the town, etc. -- feel free to message me directly; many of you guys have asked a bunch of great questions so far :)

Thanks so much for all of your reassurance and advice! I have a couple of questions since this is my first interview ever and I'm pretty nervous. To prepare I've researched different questions and basically answered them all on a Word Document, and I practice my answers every so often throughout the day. Also, I know that the spots for the College Station campus are competitive, but I am still very interested in going to College Station, mainly because I am interested in hospital pharmacy and pediatric pharmacy the most, and I feel that the hospitals around College Station are about the size that I would like to work in after I graduate.

Anyway my main questions are:

What additional ways should I prepare for my interview?

Should I bring a copy of my resume and my personal statement?

Are there any disadvantages/ advantages of being at the College Station campus for you personally?

What are the best ways to show my personality during the interview while remaining professional?

Thank you so much!

Still awaiting reply back from the November 11th interview and I feel like I won't get a reply back until the end of January. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Hi @wanderfullife, my answers to your questions below:

What additional ways should I prepare for my interview?

Honestly, Texas A&M's interviews were the easiest of my total interviews and it was also my first like you. In terms of preparing for an interview, I would personally find a list of standard interview questions online and have another person ask them to you; its always different answering interview questions in front of someone other than yourself. However, it is NOT in your best interest to start memorizing interview questions and answers, because there is a high chance you will just be wasting your time. You just need to develop a full-proof dialogue that is both honest and efficient.

You should definitely know answers to questions like:
(i) Why pharmacy?
(ii) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
(iii) Why would TAMU (or any school) be a good fit for your education?
(iv) What are your greatest weaknesses?

....etc.

Should I bring a copy of my resume and my personal statement?

I do not think that is necessary. However, I did bring mine to all of my interviews (plus a map of the campus) just in case.

Are there any disadvantages/ advantages of being at the College Station campus for you personally?

Each of TAMU's campuses has its advantages and disadvantages to keep the two campuses equal.

Some advantages.... CSTAT campus is in range of Austin and Houston for rotations/internships/work opportunities which translates to more hospital opportunities for you. However, Corpus Christi obviously has hospitals as well... just not as much as Houston, Austin, and College Station. College football (if you are into that), smaller class size (can be an advantage or disadvantage), more living opportunities (as it is a large college town), and more to do on the weekends.

Some disadvantages..... Undergrad traffic depending on where you live in the town, especially on game days and rush hour. I would say about 60% of faculty are located in Kingsville (that may or may not change), most of my classmates are at the other campus.

What are the best ways to show my personality during the interview while remaining professional?

This one really depends on your interviewers, which are usually 1 or 2 faculty and 1 alum/upperclassman at the same time. Generally, I would say majority of our faculty and students are easy going and obviously know you are nervous. I would say just be yourself, do not be afraid to laugh or smile if you feel like it. At the end of the day, we are all just people.

I would also like to add that it would be a good idea to show confidence by making eye contact and shaking everyone's hand when you enter and leave the room (while smiling). Just go in there and act like you have nothing to lose. Oh, and another piece of advice... I think every school interview will at one point ask you to tell them about yourself... Please do not start off by saying "Hi, my name is X, and I have X siblings and X pets..." nobody cares lol. Keep everything you say relevant. "Hi my name is X, I studied X at university X, was an officer of X and worked at X"... etc.

Hi @wanderfullife, my answers to your questions below:

Honestly, Texas A&M's interviews were the easiest of my total interviews and it was also my first like you. In terms of preparing for an interview, I would personally find a list of standard interview questions online and have another person ask them to you; its always different answering interview questions in front of someone other than yourself. However, it is NOT in your best interest to start memorizing interview questions and answers, because there is a high chance you will just be wasting your time. You just need to develop a full-proof dialogue that is both honest and efficient.

You should definitely know answers to questions like:
(i) Why pharmacy?
(ii) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
(iii) Why would TAMU (or any school) be a good fit for your education?
(iv) What are your greatest weaknesses?

....etc.

I do not think that is necessary. However, I did bring mine to all of my interviews (plus a map of the campus) just in case.

Each of TAMU's campuses has its advantages and disadvantages to keep the two campuses equal.

Some advantages.... CSTAT campus is in range of Austin and Houston for rotations/internships/work opportunities which translates to more hospital opportunities for you. However, Corpus Christi obviously has hospitals as well... just not as much as Houston, Austin, and College Station. College football (if you are into that), smaller class size (can be an advantage or disadvantage), more living opportunities (as it is a large college town), and more to do on the weekends.

Some disadvantages..... Undergrad traffic depending on where you live in the town, especially on game days and rush hour. I would say about 60% of faculty are located in Kingsville (that may or may not change), most of my classmates are at the other campus.

This one really depends on your interviewers, which are usually 1 or 2 faculty and 1 alum/upperclassman at the same time. Generally, I would say majority of our faculty and students are easy going and obviously know you are nervous. I would say just be yourself, do not be afraid to laugh or smile if you feel like it. At the end of the day, we are all just people.

I would also like to add that it would be a good idea to show confidence by making eye contact and shaking everyone's hand when you enter and leave the room (while smiling). Just go in there and act like you have nothing to lose. Oh, and another piece of advice... I think every school interview will at one point ask you to tell them about yourself... Please do not start off by saying "Hi, my name is X, and I have X siblings and X pets..." nobody cares lol. Keep everything you say relevant. "Hi my name is X, I studied X at university X, was an officer of X and worked at X"... etc.

Thanks so much! You've been an invaluable help!

I got in!! I interviewed 1/19 and got in 1/25! I'm so surprised bc I thought I did terrible during the interview :D

I got in!! I interviewed 1/19 and got in 1/25! I'm so surprised bc I thought I did terrible during the interview :D

CONGRAATSSS!!!! :) did you choose cstat or kingsville?

Has anyone else heard back from the Jan 20th interview? Do they send out emails in rounds?

Has anyone else heard back from the Jan 20th interview? Do they send out emails in rounds?

I have not, and I think they just e-mail you whenever. My friend heard back really fast while other people said a month or so.

Hi all! Congrats on being accepted, by anychance has anyone heard back that interviewed the weekend of Jan 26 and 27? The wait is killing me! Thanks

Hi all! Congrats on being accepted, by anychance has anyone heard back that interviewed the weekend of Jan 26 and 27? The wait is killing me! Thanks

Also interviewed that weekend but have yet to hear back!

I hear back from them today! I got an email around 10am

I GOT IN Y'ALL! I'm going to be at the College Station Campus!

Reactions: 3 users
GOT IN! Congrats to everyone!! Look forward to meeting y'all at the college station campus!

Reactions: 2 users
Y'all are kind of making me wish I had chosen College Station... lol Congrats, everyone!