Texas A&M C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmagirlkay

TAMHSC PHARM C/O 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody done applying? I really hope to get in. This is my first choice!

Members don't see this ad.

I turned in my apps quite a while ago, now just need take the PCAT

Are you guys applying early decision to kingsville or college station?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my application and supplement a while back for early decision to A&M (put college station preference but as far as i know there's only one application and it doesn't come into play until at/after interview).

My GPA is kind of low, but I hope they still look at me because of my PCAT (2.96 GPA with an 98 PCAT composite, 99 in math and reading, 92 in chemistry, 76 in biology, 4 writing). If I can get an interview I am confident I can convince them to accept me. Just waiting for the interviews to come out - I've read people who in the past have gotten interview invites mid to late-september (15th-25th) for early decision..

@whispered Yeah with that pcat you should be fine. I know someone who got accepted last year with a low gpa but a 99 on the pcat. Have you heard anything from the school? Interviews are supposed to be in 3 weeks...I'm getting anxious

Reactions: 1 user
@whispered Yeah with that pcat you should be fine. I know someone who got accepted last year with a low gpa but a 99 on the pcat. Have you heard anything from the school? Interviews are supposed to be in 3 weeks...I'm getting anxious

I've only heard the pre requisite check email from them. They do warn that "you may be invited for an interview with only a week to prepare" so depending on the numbers i guess it could be literally through Friday the 30th that we hear from them. Hopefully we start hearing sooner though!

I've only heard the pre requisite check email from them. They do warn that "you may be invited for an interview with only a week to prepare" so depending on the numbers i guess it could be literally through Friday the 30th that we hear from them. Hopefully we start hearing sooner though!

Same here, I've only received the prerequisite check email. I'll make sure to update this forum whenever I get anything new. This waiting is gonna suck though

Same here, I've only received the prerequisite check email. I'll make sure to update this forum whenever I get anything new. This waiting is gonna suck though

Tell me about it.. I check back here every day (multiple times, lol) hoping that I at least see that people have heard so the wait is over.

Tell me about it.. I check back here every day (multiple times, lol) hoping that I at least see that people have heard so the wait is over.
Well I spoke with Cheyloy on Friday and she said interview invitations should be going out either this week or next by email

@planetjordan23 when did you submit? Did you do early decision? You can always email the cop-admissions address on their website and ask them to confirm they got it.

@whispered Yes I did last month for ED, I called the admissions office today and they said they will just send an email if student has gotten interview or not either this week or next!

Just got an interview :) hope to see you all there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I got mine as well for Friday at 9 AM! Would have posted this here yesterday afternoon but I have been too busy making arrangements and screaming internally.

I sent in my application and supplement a while back for early decision to A&M (put college station preference but as far as i know there's only one application and it doesn't come into play until at/after interview).

My GPA is kind of low, but I hope they still look at me because of my PCAT (2.96 GPA with an 98 PCAT composite, 99 in math and reading, 92 in chemistry, 76 in biology, 4 writing). If I can get an interview I am confident I can convince them to accept me. Just waiting for the interviews to come out - I've read people who in the past have gotten interview invites mid to late-september (15th-25th) for early decision..

How did you pick the preference of college Station? I only submitted my pharmcas? And also I know don't if I can get in... My pcat score was a 78 and GPA is about a 3.2

How did you pick the preference of college Station? I only submitted my pharmcas? And also I know don't if I can get in... My pcat score was a 78 and GPA is about a 3.2

Did you submit your supplement application through the system on TAMHSC's website? On there there was one question like "what is your preference of campus".

Did you submit your supplement application through the system on TAMHSC's website? On there there was one question like "what is your preference of campus".
oh i haven't done that yet thanks!

Howdy!

I am currently a pharmacy student at the College Station campus. I figured I'd drop in and give y'all a confidence boost, and answer any questions you do not have answers to yet. It's always exciting to look at new applicants - as I was once in your position. I have no doubt many of my classmates will tune in to this thread to answer questions also.

First off, most of you applying will be wanting to attend the CS campus and there are only about 35 seats available each cycle - making it pretty competitive. It is not clear in what the admission's committee gives preference to when deciding campuses for applicants. HOWEVER, the entire college belongs to Texas A&M University (not TAMUK) so no matter what you will be an Aggie, with the Aggie benefits (class ring, Aggie network, etc.). Texas A&M has the most affordable tuition in the state and allows for rotations in cities like Houston, Austin, and Corpus Christi (depending on which campus you attend).

Secondly, those applying late, do not fret... Texas A&M does not use the rolling admissions process (like UH, TTU, etc). I personally submitted my application on the night of the deadline. I also got accepted to all of the schools I applied for (4), and chose Texas A&M because this school has the best value and offers so much to its students.

Lastly, looking at some of y'all's statistics so far, I'd say to you that you are in good shape and have a strong chance of acceptance; based off of the statistics of my classmates and myself. However, your interview is the most important part of your application. Dress professionally, make eye contact as much as possible, and smile/laugh. Texas A&M was the easiest of my interviews compared to others such as Tech and UH, so do not be nervous (it goes by quickly).

I'll probably be floating around on this forum every so often if traffic on this thread is active enough, but that is more likely to be over the winter break/spring. For those with interviews, you are already halfway there, and I wish you the best.

Gig'em

@Anthony III

Thanks for the confidence boost for the interview, I'm not sure if you'll see this by tomorrow morning, but if you do, do you have any pointers on the interview process? Even just more general information about the interview would help to ease nerves. Thanks.

Got my interview invite today!:cat: How were the interviews!?

I want to apply this cycle and i took the PCAT in September and I didnt recieve the score I wanted so I'm taking it again in November and I saw the Last PCAT they are take is September so do I still have a chance.

I want to apply this cycle and i took the PCAT in September and I didnt recieve the score I wanted so I'm taking it again in November and I saw the Last PCAT they are take is September so do I still have a chance.
Doesn't hurt to try, in my opinion!

If I were you, I would apply anyway. You'd be surprised in how many low PCAT scores are accepted - it's only a piece of the application pie.

@Anthony III

Thanks for the confidence boost for the interview, I'm not sure if you'll see this by tomorrow morning, but if you do, do you have any pointers on the interview process? Even just more general information about the interview would help to ease nerves. Thanks.

Sorry for missing your post. Your interview went well I'm assuming?

If I were you, I would apply anyway. You'd be surprised in how many low PCAT scores are accepted - it's only a piece of the application pie.

Thank you that made me have hope? when are you applying or when have you applied

I just got accepted to the Kingsville Campus!! Everyone go check your emails!

@Anthony III It did go well, thank you!

I was accepted to College Station as well! Very excited to see you all next fall (or sooner)!

For anyone in this forum now, or is reading this later who has their interview on Nov. 11th
I called and asked about when you would know if you were accepted or denied since it is the only interview session before break and they said you should hear back a week after your interview, but if you don't there is still a chance you will hear back in Feb when all the other regular decision people do!

Ayy college station lets gooo. Do we get official acceptance letters in the mail??

Last edited:
I am about to send in my application for Texas A&M. I've always liked A&M, and I think it would be a great place to go for pharmacy school. I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on my prospects of getting in though?

I graduated with a BS in Biology.
My cumulative GPA is a 3.0, and my pre-req GPA is right around there as well
My PCAT composite is an 80
I have worked a little over 500 hours as a pharmacy technician
I have a little over 100 hours of community service

I know my GPA is a little low, so that is that area that concerns me about getting in. Any feedback would be appreciated!

I am about to send in my application for Texas A&M. I've always liked A&M, and I think it would be a great place to go for pharmacy school. I was wondering if anybody could give me some feedback on my prospects of getting in though?

I graduated with a BS in Biology.
My cumulative GPA is a 3.0, and my pre-req GPA is right around there as well
My PCAT composite is an 80
I have worked a little over 500 hours as a pharmacy technician
I have a little over 100 hours of community service

I know my GPA is a little low, so that is that area that concerns me about getting in. Any feedback would be appreciated!

I honestly think you have a pretty good chance at getting an interview! You GPA isn't too low and your PCAT is well above their average Great ECs too!

Got an interview for 11/11 :)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Does anybody know how long it takes for them to get back to you with a decision after the interview? Just trying to get an idea of what my timeline looks like.

I have an interview for 11/11, I'm pretty nervous. :)

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! Does anybody know how long it takes for them to get back to you with a decision after the interview? Just trying to get an idea of what my timeline looks like.

It was about 5 days for me! But it could vary.

Took 5 days for me

Does anyone know when I should find out if I get an interview for regular decision? I submitted everything about a month ago

has anyone heard back from them yet? i just had my interview on friday and am wondering how long they take to let you know if you are accepted or not