Texas A&M 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I pay 275/mo to keep mine. I'm a second year and while I'm not going to lie and say I ride all the time, it's been worth it to have a little piece of stress relief. My mare is older though and not in any type of competing condition. I just ride for fun when I can!

Same here as far as riding for fun. I rode IHSA in college but those few shows a year are the most competing I've done in my life. I have boarded at any type of facility, from self care to full care boarding, never at show barns though. I just like having him. I'm not in love - I could sell him. But I don't really want to.

Members don't see this ad.

i'm subleasing my room during summer (may~july). it's only $300 plus utilities so if you are planning on doing summer annatomy workshop, message me. I regret not doing the workshop and struggled in that class :(

Congratulations to everyone who got in! for those of your contemplating bringing your horse, I highly suggest waiting until your first semester is over with. I had several classmates that brought their horses and ended up having to take them back home during Christmas break. Vet school is a huge adjustment and it can be hard to find time for large commitments during the first year. Good luck! I'm also happy to answer any questions you may have!

Edit: For those of you who don't mind the challenge, though, there are lots of cheap options for boarding and rent around town! There have been lots of properties to cheaply keep your horse posted through the school lately.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I got the luckiest spot on the alternate list. Officially the 12th Man of the Fightin' Texas Aggie CVM Class of 2021 Alternate List lol fingers crossed.

Reactions: 7 users
I think I got the luckiest spot on the alternate list. Officially the 12th Man of the Fightin' Texas Aggie CVM Class of 2021 Alternate List lol fingers crossed.
Feeling very anxious. Very curious how far it will go down the list. Trying to stay positive.

Last edited:
I'm #11. Feeling very anxious. I have a friend who is #2. Very curious how far it will go down the list. Trying to stay positive.
I'm alternate #18 and I called the office of admissions to ask about when they do they interview feedback (I automatically assumed there would be no way they would take 18 alternates) and she actually told me last year that they took all their alternates! However, the year before they only took 7 ha. Guess we will see in April! Keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle as well!

I'm alternate #18 and I called the office of admissions to ask about when they do they interview feedback (I automatically assumed there would be no way they would take 18 alternates) and she actually told me last year that they took all their alternates! However, the year before they only took 7 ha. Guess we will see in April! Keeping my fingers crossed for a miracle as well!

Do you know how many alternates there were last year? I'm #14 so I'm feeling a little anxious but trying to stay optimistic!

Do you know how many alternates there were last year? I'm #14 so I'm feeling a little anxious but trying to stay optimistic!

My best friend was #22 or 24, can't remember, and got called off a week and a half before classes started. There was 24 spots last year on the alternate list. I know that normally they go through maybe 5-7 people on the list. However, last year was weird and quite a few OOS and IS declined their seats so they accepted their entire waitlist.

That's crazy! I hope we get that lucky this year

Reactions: 1 user
My best friend was #22 or 24, can't remember, and got called off a week and a half before classes started. There was 24 spots last year on the alternate list. I know that normally they go through maybe 5-7 people on the list. However, last year was weird and quite a few OOS and IS declined their seats so they accepted their entire waitlist.
All we can do is wait and try to stay hopeful.

Last edited:
I am an IS alternate as well. I called Yolanda and she said it changes year to year. Sometimes they blow through the list and sometimes they only get through half. I asked when we should expect any movement and she said nothing before April 17th. They have to turn their acceptances by snail mail so some people who are declining probably won't bother sending anything in. Good luck to everyone. I will pray for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hello Aggies! Is anyone a current student (undergrad or vet student) that could give me some housing advice? I will be moving to TAMU this summer to start the small animal rotating internship. I have found a duplex that I like but am worried about applying for it without coming down to visit. The property management company is Twin City Properties and the Neighborhood is Pecan Ridge. Does anyone have experience with this company or this area?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey yall. I just bombed a physiology test (my class ave dropped from 86 to 79), if I were to get a C do you think A&M would un-accept me?
I still have like three tests left in this class, so I have a good chance to bring it up, but now I'm a bit anxious about it. My overall GPA is 3.79, so it would still be relatively high even if I got a C.

Hey yall. I just bombed a physiology test (my class ave dropped from 86 to 79), if I were to get a C do you think A&M would un-accept me?
I still have like three tests left in this class, so I have a good chance to bring it up, but now I'm a bit anxious about it. My overall GPA is 3.79, so it would still be relatively high even if I got a C.
I wouldn't worry. I think you just have to maintain a C now. Plus it's only the first test so you have plenty of time to improve that grade! :) phys is a hard class. Keep your head up and don't be afraid to ask for help with any concepts you might not completely understand. You'll do great!

You'd have to check, but I think you only need a C or better in your pre-reqs. Or at least, that's how I remember it...and I don't think Phys is a pre-req...? Either way, you won't be un-accepted for a C! Just keep chugging along!

I'm worried too - on the acceptance acknowledgment form, one of the conditions is "maintaining high levels of academic performance in all courses undertaken between the date of application and matriculation."

I'm taking a grad course right now that's kind of kicking my ass, so I'm not sure if I can walk away with anything more than a B. I'm not sure what they mean by "high levels" lol

Hey guys so I was looking at the accepted student checklist and it said something about an "optional application for first year scholarship" which is due by April 15th. I didn't see anything in the acceptance packet about a scholarship application unless I missed something. Does anyone know anything about that?

Hey guys so I was looking at the accepted student checklist and it said something about an "optional application for first year scholarship" which is due by April 15th. I didn't see anything in the acceptance packet about a scholarship application unless I missed something. Does anyone know anything about that?
There should be a paper in the packet that is labeled CVM financial aid that has how much each year costs and then at the bottom left hand side of the page is the link for the scholarship application. I just filled it out myself and it was really easy. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes. If you can't find the link, feel free to message me and I'll send it to you! :)

There should be a paper in the packet that is labeled CVM financial aid that has how much each year costs and then at the bottom left hand side of the page is the link for the scholarship application. I just filled it out myself and it was really easy. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes. If you can't find the link, feel free to message me and I'll send it to you! :)
I found it! Thanks for your help!

Reading through where everyone is on the alternate list is going to give me a heart attack, y'all. I'm already dying of anxiety. I'm on an alternate list for another school (OOS of course), and my lease here is up in May. I'm freaking out because I may not hear back from either school before I have to move out. *panic!*

Hey guys, I've been talking to a couple of current TAMU students about the new curriculum. It seems like they're overhauling a lot of things and removing a bulk of the current curriculum to combine everything into a few core courses. One class that I know will definitely be removed is Clinical Correlates. We'll apparently be missing out on lots of things that have been considered as a rite of passage for students at TAMU CVM.

Being a guinea pig makes me pretty nervous tbh, I want to know how solid this curriculum is :thinking:

Last edited:
Are we for sure going to hear about the new curriculum in May?

Also, does anyone know what kind of health insurance TAMU offers? Mine is about to expire and I need a new plan.

The insurance that A&M offers is through Academic Health Plans. It's a BCBS plan that (last I looked) was a PPO. I have an ACA/Obamacare plan currently because the school insurance was just too expensive for me, though it's technically better. I'd rather pay $0/month right now vs. $150+/month. I'm thankfully healthy, so I haven't needed a PPO. I will be switching to the A&M plan in June and carry it through until I graduate. That's only because I will be working around large animals and traveling more than usual, so I want something more substantial than what I currently have. Here's the site for anyone interested in what A&M offers. Be aware that it is subject to change and will more than likely increase in price (it has every year, anyway).

TAMU | Home

On your acceptance form what did you guys put for final semester/term and date? I just assumed it was final undergrad semester but now I worry that I was wrong or didn't read thoroughly and they meant what your final semester of vet school would be though that doesn't make sense to me because they already know that (in theory, assuming we make it through in the allotted time).

I am never telling anyone on here my real name so you don't figure out who the person with all the anxiety is.

I wish this was like TMDSAS and you could see online when your forms were recieved...

I had the same confusion. I put the final semester of my pre-vet school studies (Spring 2017). They put Class of 2021 in the acceptance packet somewhere, so I figured they already knew final vet semester.

And don't worry about the anxiety. We're all in the same boat!

Typically, when mailing forms to TAMU I send it with a required signature confirmation through USPS. This makes sure admissions acknowledges they received it, and it ensures I know when it has arrived. If you haven't done this, I'm sure you can call the office and ask. I'm sure several students in our class have already done this. It is peculiar that it isn't online though. Every school I applied to has an online system for acceptances, supplemental apps, etc.

I'm looking forward to meeting you in the fall (even though I won't know who you are because of your secret identity )!

Has anyone on the alternate list heard back yet? Also, is there a separate alternate list for OOS in addition to the IS list?

Last edited:
I've made the hard (but exciting!) choice to attend RVC over A&M. I've just emailed the admission team about my decision. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone on the alternate list heard back yet? Also, is there a separate alternate list for OOS in addition to the IS list?

From what I've heard, there are not separate lists. A little birdie told me that if an out of state person declines their spot, they pull from the in-state list. I know #2 and that person has not heard anything. I think they wait until the admission decision deadline (April 15?) passes before they start calling alternates.

From what I've heard, there are not separate lists. A little birdie told me that if an out of state person declines their spot, they pull from the in-state list. I know #2 and that person has not heard anything. I think they wait until the admission decision deadline (April 15?) passes before they start calling alternates.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if TAMU is doing any type of file review this year, or how the application workshop in May is supposed to go?

Just a side note - if you're sending in your acceptance form, the admissions office will not e-mail you to let you know that they've received it. You'll need to call them and double check to see if they've gotten your response.

They emailed us the new curriculum for first year this morning. What does everyone think of it? I think there are some good changes compared to the one previously.

They emailed us the new curriculum for first year this morning. What does everyone think of it? I think there are some good changes compared to the one previously.

I think it's really great! I think the course that looks at the different options within the veterinary profession is an especially cool addition.

I've made the hard (but exciting!) choice to attend RVC over A&M. I've just emailed the admission team about my decision. Good luck to everyone on the waitlist. :)
Congratulations!

BTW...Has anyone else heard of anyone declining either IS or OOS for A&M? The other threads are active with posts. This wait is excruciating!

Does anyone know if TAMU is doing any type of file review this year, or how the application workshop in May is supposed to go?
I called about the workshop and they told me they will have on May 19th, but they didn't have the details but should have them soon.

Hi guys! I'm the VP for class of 2020. Just made yalls Facebook page,

Search TAMU CVM Class of 2021

We are so excited to start meeting y'all and fielding any and all questions you have!

There will be students of all years on the fb page.

I'm THRILLED to have been accepted in February for the class of 2021 and tried to join the fb page as soon as you posted this. For some reason the page isn't showing up for me...is it possible someone could add me? -Gracie Davis :)

Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything yet? I'm so anxious!!

Has anyone on the alternate list heard anything yet? I'm so anxious!!
I called not too long ago today and asked if they had updated anybody of their status and she informed me that they hadn't! Hopefully it won't be too much longer!

Has anyone who accepted their admissions office received an email or something since the 17th? I'm just paranoid my paperwork got lost or something

Has anyone who accepted their admissions office received an email or something since the 17th? I'm just paranoid my paperwork got lost or something
Just a side note - if you're sending in your acceptance form, the admissions office will not e-mail you to let you know that they've received it. You'll need to call them and double check to see if they've gotten your response.

I had to call and ask them that they got my acceptance forms. They don't send out an email confirmation or anything unfortunately.

I just got a call from Yolanda & I am going to be an Aggie Vet! Class of 2021!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I had to call and ask them that they got my acceptance forms. They don't send out an email confirmation or anything unfortunately.

Thanks. Yeah I did call and check that they got my forms at the beginning of April. I'm just still an anxious mess.

Thanks. Yeah I did call and check that they got my forms at the beginning of April. I'm just still an anxious mess.

Well I'm glad it's not just me. I still need to send in my immunization record but I called and made sure they got everything else. And I still worry that I made a mistake somewhere.

Only 6 have been pulled off the alternate list. Anyone got a gut feel or any inside information regarding the possibility of them calling any more? Starting to really lose hope.