MCAT Test Prep Week Special: Win a free MCAT Question Bank (worth $399)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcat prep

Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
3courses-iconv2.png

An MCAT Question Bank by Gold Standard MCAT can be yours for free! Simply participate in this thread during SDN Test Prep Week on September 19-23, 2016 and tell us (1) if this is the first time that you will be taking the MCAT exam and (2) what do you want to know about the Gold Standard MCAT or our MCAT Question Bank.

We will choose 3 winners for the Gold Standard MCAT Question Bank (3 months access) which includes:
  • 7 full-length MCAT practice tests with helpful explanations (all our full-length exams use the same number of discretes per subtest as the AAMC’s - 15 discretes per 59 questions and none for CARS)

• Additional 5 MCAT CARS practice tests

• Practice questions for all sections

• More than 4000 practice questions (more than 1/2 of these questions are passage-based)

• Free Bonus: online access to over 30 hours of science video summaries

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1. This is my first time taking the mcat.

2. I would like to know how close the gold standard MCAT questions are to the aamc ones

Reactions: 1 user
1) This is my second time taking the MCAT. However, I took the old version of the test.

2) I am really interested in your science videos. Are your questions based on this content?

Looking forward to the raffle, I have heard great things about your company.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) This would be my second time taking MCAT.
2) Referring to all sections, but specifically CARS section. How do you know that you have figured out the reasoning of AAMC style questions and answers ? This is often the discussion when it comes to buy the practice materials from any company.

1. This is my second time taking the MCAT
2. Specifically in CARS practice test, what makes your material stand out from other company's?

1. This is my first time taking the mcat.

2. I would like to know how close the gold standard MCAT questions are to the aamc ones

We base the diversity of GS questions on:

1) the AAMC's published AVERAGE percentages;
2) hundreds of student experiences with the real exam which are also publicly available (Google).

Student experiences have taught us that there are a wide range of proportions of science questions on the real exam. Students have experienced a disproportionately high representation of science questions from this section or the other, while other students have experienced that there were almost no questions in one subsection or the other (except, of course, for Biology and Biochemistry). Our objective is simple: to replicate the level of reasoning required for the real exam so that no matter what the proportion of the various questions occur on your particular test (as opposed to the average), you will feel well prepared if you covered your practice exam experiences completely.

No one practice test can perfectly replicate the experience of the real MCAT. Many practice tests, if complete according to schedule and well reviewed thereafter, can ensure that you are very well prepared despite the imperfections that any one test may have.

1) This is my second time taking the MCAT. However, I took the old version of the test.

2) I am really interested in your science videos. Are your questions based on this content?

Looking forward to the raffle, I have heard great things about your company.

Our online science videos cover all the important science topics you need to prepare for the new MCAT. The videos are more of a standard approach to teaching, with some examples and problems and each of the video is cross-referenced to the relevant e-chapter for further understanding. Then each chapter is followed by chapter review questions on that topic. With helpful explanations, of course!

1) This would be my second time taking MCAT.
2) Referring to all sections, but specifically CARS section. How do you know that you have figured out the reasoning of AAMC style questions and answers ? This is often the discussion when it comes to buy the practice materials from any company.

We have been preparing students for the MCAT exam for over 20 years. The primary author of our practice tests, Dr. Ferdinand, aced the MCAT and was accepted to all the medical schools to which he applied. We know the MCAT inside out. Please, see also our reply to "SonhosDaVida"

1. This is my second time taking the MCAT
2. Specifically in CARS practice test, what makes your material stand out from other company's?

While we cannot comment on the quality of other prep materials, our MCAT CARS practice tests follow the format prescribed by the AAMC for the new MCAT. Each full-length test contains 53 questions, which are based on 9 passages on various Humanities and Social Science subjects. Each question is followed by detailed explanations that include the passage content category and the type of reasoning skills being assessed in the question. All exam attempts are saved in student's Personal History section, showing both the raw scores and the estimated scaled scores.

Thank you for posting this test prep opportunity and for taking the time to answer questions.

1.) This will be my first time taking the MCAT.

2.) What distinguishes your biochemistry materials from those by other companies?

Thank you for posting this test prep opportunity and for taking the time to answer questions.

1.) This will be my first time taking the MCAT.

2.) What distinguishes your biochemistry materials from those by other companies?

While we cannot comment on the quality of the materials from our competitors, we strongly believe that no other company has put together such a comprehensive Biochemistry Review Summary as the Gold Standard MCAT! All in one page!

Amino Acids & Proteins | Carbohydrates | Fatty Acids | Nucleic Acids | Metabolism & Nomenclature
Kinetics | Enzymes | Thermodynamics | Plasma Membrane | MCAT Biochemistry Practice Questions

(1) This is my second time taking the new MCAT :(

(2) Does the MCAT Question Bank come with detailed explanations as to why incorrect choices are incorrect?

(1) This is my second time taking the new MCAT :(

(2) Does the MCAT Question Bank come with detailed explanations as to why incorrect choices are incorrect?

Yes, it does! Not only that our practice tests provide detailed explanations to every single question AND a chat area where you can discuss a particular problem with other students (or read what others have said about it, post questions), where applicable, we also provide related science videos for further understanding. Basically, we don't just give "A is correct", we really explore each question and don't ever leave you in the dark. As far as we know, we are the only MCAT prep company that offers these features.

1) This is my second time taking the test
2) Is your Q bank separated by topics? Is it offered in an app format?

1) This is my second time taking the test
2) Is your Q bank separated by topics? Is it offered in an app format?

Yes, it is. Under the Lessons tab, you will find 9 sub-sections:

• MCAT CARS
  • Psychology
  • Sociology
  • MCAT Math
  • Physics
  • General Chemistry
  • Organic Chemistry
  • Biochemistry
  • Biology

and then of course, our 7 full-length practice tests that follow the AAMC format.

We do have MCAT Science Review Flashcards app for both iPhone and Android:
We also have a FREE Biochemistry app:

We have been preparing students for the MCAT exam for over 20 years. The primary author of our practice tests, Dr. Ferdinand, aced the MCAT and was accepted to all the medical schools to which he applied. We know the MCAT inside out. Please, see also our reply to "SonhosDaVida"

I have one other questions ?
Do you have resources (video preferred) that would show how to break down the passage and how to approach the questions? As MCAT is more about reasoning and getting the skills to pick out the important information from the passage rather than knowing the content alone.

Do you have sample videos about CARS program and science topic?

I have one other questions ?
Do you have resources (video preferred) that would show how to break down the passage and how to approach the questions? As MCAT is more about reasoning and getting the skills to pick out the important information from the passage rather than knowing the content alone.

Do you have sample videos about CARS program and science topic?

Yes, we do (internal and external videos) and they are included in our CARS program: MCAT CARS.

You can get 3 hour access to our science review videos by singing up for our free MCAT sample test: Free MCAT Practice Test

Status
Not open for further replies.