DAT Test Prep Week Raffle: Win a free DAT PAT book from Gold Standard!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4thdat_dat_pat-test-front-cover-small.jpg

Win a DAT PAT book to help you ace the PAT section. This book contains:

• detailed discussions and colored illustrations of strategies for each PAT section (keyhole, TFE, angle ranking, hole punching, cube counting, pattern folding)

• 1 full-length practice test with explanations covering the NS, RC, PAT and QR sections

• online access to over 1300 additional PAT practice questions with scores and explanations

To see the full description of this book, sample inside pages, PLUS free DAT PAT strategy videos and practice questions, please visit our DAT PAT Perceptual Ability Test Strategies and DAT PAT Practice page.

All you need to do to join this raffle is answer the following question: Which part of the PAT do you find most challenging and why? Post your comments between 19-23 September 2016. 1 winner will be selected.

Members don't see this ad.

Raffle Entry:
The Top-Front-End (TFE) section, as I find it difficult to quickly visualize the third projection, which only adds to my anxiety on that section as I become increasingly pressed for time.

Question:
How would you recommend predents study for the PAT section during their DAT prep? Should we intersperse PAT questions throughout our content review for the more recall-based sciences?

It would seem that the pattern recognition and necessity for question familiarity of the PAT section might benefit from more preparation taking place just before the DAT, but I certainly defer to your expertise.

Thanks for the insight and for your participation in the raffle. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Raffle Entry:
The Top-Front-End (TFE) section, as I find it difficult to quickly visualize the third projection, which only adds to my anxiety on that section as I become increasingly pressed for time.

Question:
How would you recommend predents study for the PAT section during their DAT prep? Should we intersperse PAT questions throughout our content review for the more recall-based sciences?

It would seem that the pattern recognition and necessity for question familiarity of the PAT section might benefit from more preparation taking place just before the DAT, but I certainly defer to your expertise.

Thanks for the insight and for your participation in the raffle. :)

Yes, certainly, doing PAT practice questions daily - even if it's just for one of the subsections (for example, keyholes today, TFE tomorrow, and so on) - early in your preparation is very important. Preparing for the PAT is indeed somewhat different from the rest of the DAT sections as it is more about developing your perceptual ability rather than revieiwing or accumulating knowledge. At least four of the subtests will require you to visualize patterns and mentally manipulate 2D and 3D objects! Another thing is that many candidates, at least in the beginning, often find themselves running out of time in certain subsections of the PAT. So constant practice will help train your brain to visualize these patterns and objects quicker.

Thank you very much for the insight. The PAT information will help a great deal in my DAT preparations.

Thanks, again, for all that you do on behalf of health education. I hope that you and the rest of your fans are having an excellent day :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The pattern folding section is my weakness. It just takes way too much time for me to visualize the 3D shapes.

Thank you very much for the insight. The PAT information will help a great deal in my DAT preparations.

Thanks, again, for all that you do on behalf of health education. I hope that you and the rest of your fans are having an excellent day :)

Thank you! We wish you a great weekend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.