USMLE/COMLEX Test Prep Week Raffle: Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For SDN's Test Prep Week, we are giving away a free USMLE® Step 1 Qbank Until Your Test, valued at $199!

Here's how you enter:
1. Ask us a question or leave a comment on one of our SDN Test Prep Week forum threads.
2. SDN will select and notify the winner after Test Prep Week.

Ask us a question. Leave a comment.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to reset the Qbank -e.g. clearing history for re-use - ?

Question- 1) Why is Kaplan so awesome ? 2) do you think it's good for students to use this during their first year?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Question- 1) Why is Kaplan so awesome ? 2) do you think it's good for students to use this during their first year?

Hi, thanks for your message Kaplan is awesome for a number of reasons. One of which is the shear flexibility in terms of prep options that we offer. Whether your looking for a comprehensive review book that covers your basic sciences, question practice, or a high yield engaging review option we've got you covered with high quality products for the right price. You can learn more at kaplanmedical.com/step1prep

In regards to your second question. Yes we beleive that our programs are great tools to use during your first year as they will help reinforce what your learning in school and help you to see the board relevance of your medical school course work. When students are considering different products to use during your first year we recommend using our NEW Step 1 Qbank. With more than 2,100 utterly realistic questions and a redesigned interface, it's built for more. Try the first 100 questions today for free. http://www.kaptest.com/medical-prep/usmle/try-us-for-free/us-med-try-qbank

We also have a great offer for M1s who purchase our Qbank in April. This month we're offering 18 months of access for the price of 12, that means its available for $199 or $139 for AMA members. To purchase 18 months of Qbank visit http://enroll.kaptest.com/shoppingcart?classids=1004202769. AMA members must enter their Medical Education number when prompted to get the lowest price.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Yes you can have your Qbank reset you simply need to call 1-800-KAP-TEST and ask. Addtionally our Qbank give you the ability to flag questions and then create quizes from that pool of questions.

Last edited:
Do you have stats on how students perform with vs without our materials on step 1?

Do you have stats on how students perform with vs without our materials on step 1?
We don't have statistics on how students perform on Step 1 with or without materials. However all of the evidence from our student surveys does show that students scoring above a 235 on Step 1 are answering on average between 4,000 - 5,000 questions.

Last edited:
What is the best way to study using the qbank?

We recommend spending twice as much time reviewing explanations as you do answering questions. That means about 4.5 mins per question.

We would also recommend using a Qbank in conjunction with your second year of medical school and answering questions related to what you are learning in school to reinforce what you are learning and to help you see the board relevance of your medical school course work. This might mean only 10 questions a day, 5 days a week but if you maintain this pace throughout your second year you will be in good shape come your dedicated study period.

Although Step 1 will always be a basic science exam in nature, many upperclassmen have stated the test has gotten more clinical in nature. Does your Step 1 Qbank include enough treatment/management questions to reflect these changes?

How would you recommend the qbank be used alongside class for m1 yr if a student wanted to use it to reinforce learned topics?

Although Step 1 will always be a basic science exam in nature, many upperclassmen have stated the test has gotten more clinical in nature. Does your Step 1 Qbank include enough treatment/management questions to reflect these changes?
Yes, we are continually reviewing our Qbank and updating or replacing questions that are no longer exam relevant. In fact all of the questions are reviewed at least once a year to ensure they reflect the latest trends in the exam.

Last edited:
How would you recommend the Qbank be used alongside class for m1 yr if a student wanted to use it to reinforce learned topics?
We think using Qbank in conjunction with your M1 year is a great idea as it really does help you to see the board relevance of your medical school course work. We'd recommend you answer 10 Qbank questions 5 days a week throughout your M1 year or least during the second half of of your M1 year. Quizzes should be created based off the system and/or discipline your currently studying in class while occasionally adding content from previous classes to the question pool.

For the next few days (until EOD 4/30) we are offering 18 months of access to our Qbank for the price of 12. To enroll visit http://enroll.kaptest.com/shoppingcart?classids=1004202769.

If your'e an AMA member enter your ME # during checkout for the lowest possible price.

Last edited:
I am actually very happy that you responded to my question and I think your may have already answered my next question. The "til you test option" is for 18months? Or really until you test . Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Until your test = 12 months (note that you can delay start date by 3 months). However, as stated in the thread we are running a action right now for the 18-month Qbank for the 12-month (Until your test) price.

I used Kaplan for MCAT prep and it was phenomenal. I am currently planning to visit Australia and wondering if you had any courses available in Melbourne or Sydney.

Hi, I'm so happy you benefited from our MCAT course. We do not have any live lecture sites in Australia, however you can join one of our Live Online courses or On Demand programs for the USMLE from anywhere you have internet access! More info at kaplanmedical.com Best of luck with your studies (and travels!)

I used Kaplan for MCAT prep and it was phenomenal. I am currently planning to visit Australia and wondering if you had any courses available in Melbourne or Sydney.
Hi, I'm so happy you benefited from our MCAT course. We do not have any live lecture sites in Australia, however you can join one of our Live Online courses or On Demand programs for the USMLE from anywhere you have internet access! More info at kaplanmedical.com Best of luck with your studies (and travels!)

Hi Kaplan, when will the sweepstakes end and when will the wonder be announced ?

I took a Kaplan course to prepare for my MCAT and I loved it! The instructor was very helpful and the resources helped me attain the score I wanted in order to successfully apply to med school. Now that I will be attending med school next fall, I would love to continue to use Kaplan resources in order to help me prepare for the Step 1. Thank you Kaplan!

Hi Kaplan.
Being an IMG I totally depend on Kaplan. My question is do u have discounts available for step 1 q bank only apart from this? I also want to know how an IMG can get qbanks at a cheaper rate.

Is there a correlation between the simulation exam scores (1&2) separately and the real step 1 score? Like say an 80% on first simulation exam?

hi kaplan, i was wondering how long does the q bank free demo last?

ps: kaplan is awesome!