Terrible MCAT (486)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EternalShadow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm about to enter my senior year and initially planned on submitting my application early.

Stats:
GPA:3:7
sGPA:3.57 (calculated lower previously)
MCAT:486
EC:
30-40 hours of pod shadowing
200+ hours community service--mentally disabled children

Do I absolutely have to retake the MCAT? Scholl would be my first choice (location).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Retake.

Discrepancy between your GPA and mcat is huge.
Leave dedicated studying time.
If your previous/ current study tactic is not working, do not go back to it. Change it up.

Members don't see this ad :)
A retake is nessecary.

Pod schools are very forgiving on MCAT and GPA, especially compared to other medical schools, but even they have a minimum.

What's the minimum mcat for each school for this cycle??

If you meet the minimum then why not apply?? Your GPA is great.

Reactions: 1 user
What's the minimum mcat for each school for this cycle??

If you meet the minimum then why not apply?? Your GPA is great.
I have heard of people who have been accepted into Barry while having a 483 MCAT score. So anything is possible!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

I'm about to enter my senior year and initially planned on submitting my application early.

Stats:
GPA:3:7
sGPA:3.57 (calculated lower previously)
MCAT:486
EC:
30-40 hours of pod shadowing
200+ hours community service--mentally disabled children

Do I absolutely have to retake the MCAT? Scholl would be my first choice (location).

Email them and ask about your chances with your current MCAT score.

Although, IMO, even if they say you might get an II, you should still plan for a retake for scholarship purposes.

Reactions: 1 users
yo I got into Kent with a 487 but I choose to retake the exam and ended up getting a 503. So I had an acceptance with a 487 last year with lower GPA than yours. However, I did have really good experience. Go for it. applicants are really low this year from what I have heard through the grapevine at school.

Reactions: 1 users
yo I got into Kent with a 487 but I choose to retake the exam and ended up getting a 503. So I had an acceptance with a 487 last year with lower GPA than yours. However, I did have really good experience. Go for it. applicants are really low this year from what I have heard through the grapevine at school.
In which one you got acceptance?

never mind, lol i didn"t see the post