Temple University Trauma Guide/Manual?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brodiatrist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There exists pdf guide/manual of F&A trauma called the Temple University Trauma guide, or something to that effect. I believe the pdf was created by a DPM at TU but does anyone have a pdf they can share?

If so PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

The Calif College guide to trauma classifications is pretty popular... maybe that's what you're thinking of? That should be pretty readily available from upperclassmen, other student on your clerkships, etc. It's largely just a summary of this article, which should be available in your pod school library or the library of your clerkship hospitals...
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2576561

The conservative fracture care, pilon, ankle, and foot fracture chapters in Browner and Jupiter's text "Skeletal Trauma" are great for eval and management reviews. Other texts are good too, but that book is very comprehensive and a favorite among ortho trauma teams. You will understand the pathologies very well if you take the time to read the book, esp the ankle fractures chapter.

The Calif College guide to trauma classifications is pretty popular... maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Thanks for the reply. This was a 200+ page pdf of F&A trauma clearly marked with a TU title and logo. It seemed like one of many reference manuals (like PI, Presby).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. This was a 200+ page pdf of F&A trauma clearly marked with a TU title and logo. It seemed like one of many reference manuals (like PI, Presby).

i have it ......

i have a copy too, i could probably email it to you

Wow, I did not know that this Trauma text written by a former professor at TUSPM is now very popular with non TUSPM students. This Trauma text was the notes for the TUSPM Traumatology course when that former professor taught the course. TUSPM students should still be getting this text for the Traumatology course today.

Hey sorry to resurrect this, but if anyone could email me that Temple Trauma reference manual I would really appreciate it. Thanks!