Taking the NYS Compounding Early?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riyadh290

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow pharm students!
Im an MCPHS student and am going to get licensed in NY. I am starting 6th year rotations and was starting to think about this compounding exam...
Anyone know if it is true that PharmD students are exempt from the internship hour requirement? (the 1040 hours)

-Responses are greatly appreciated, feel free to Private message!

Members don't see this ad.

1040 hours are the paid work hours that pharm intern must do to take the part 3 early. PharmD are not exempt from that if I remember correctly

Hi, I'm in my 6th year and I took the compounding exam early in January this year. You need to have 1000 hours work experience as a pharmacy intern (not including rotations) in order to take the exam early. It's too late to register for the June exam, but if you have the hours, you can register for the January exam before November 1 of this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone else confirm if PharmDs are exempt from the 1040 hour requirement please?

You do NOT have to have the hours if you have GRADUATED from an accredited program.

You need the 1000 hours (anything done for school/coursework doesn't count) if you want to take the exam before graduation.