Surgery Shelf Tip (especially for those who is concerned about failing)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MudPhud20XX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, so as some of you may know, I have gotten some help from SDN for my surgery shelf. I took the real one last week and must say that doing those 4 nbme shelf exams were extremely helpful (of course including the feedback I got here from SDN folks). At least 20 questions were very very similar. I think it definitely helped me pass. By analyzing all the 4 surgery nbem shelf exam questions, I think I was able to efficiently study for the shelf and I was really surprised a lot of the questions from my surgery shelf last week were very similar. At least a lot question had similar formats, so I was a bit more confident.

So for those who are worried about passing, I really strongly recommend doing all 4 surgery nbme shelf exams.

As always, I want to thank everyone here at SDN for helping me out.

Best,
MudPhud

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Mudphud, thanks for your post. I am concerned about passing the shelf. I have it in two and half weeks. Did you do any IM questions? I did not pass the surgery shelf the first time, and am worried about the same. Let me know what advice you have. Thanks