Supervising Chiropractors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

timisdaman

Awesome
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of jobs for a "supervising physician" at an office run by a chiropractor, where an NP does joint injections. MD has to be on site once per month to review charts, etc.

Do any of you have thoughts on or experience with this setup?

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen a lot of jobs for a "supervising physician" at an office run by a chiropractor, where an NP does joint injections. MD has to be on site once per month to review charts, etc.

Do any of you have thoughts on or experience with this setup?
If the NP screws up, you're on the hook. Not worth the medicolegal liability, IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I do this but I own the office and do the injections. In my state, offices not owned by a physician need a "medical director" so that they can be AHCA certified and to be able to bill for modalities and therapies. Modalities and therapies can be performed by a massage therapist with a physician order...and chiros are physicians. If they are hiring you to sign charts to check billing and the procedures you are responsible for any fraud they might be trying to commit. If they are asking you to be liable for the chiro and NP doing the injections thats a lot more responsibility.

So I almost did this for Personal Injury clinics but decided against it for the above reasons. Depends where you live, if you are in a high fraud area like South Florida, there are so many sleazy clinics. In theory there are legit ones, and if you actually review all the charts then it may be worthwhile. But at the end of the day your medical license is on the line for any fraud (penalties include jailtime, losing your medical license, paying big fines) so you better feel good about it

I do this but I own the office and do the injections. In my state, offices not owned by a physician need a "medical director" so that they can be AHCA certified and to be able to bill for modalities and therapies. Modalities and therapies can be performed by a massage therapist with a physician order...and chiros are physicians. If they are hiring you to sign charts to check billing and the procedures you are responsible for any fraud they might be trying to commit. If they are asking you to be liable for the chiro and NP doing the injections thats a lot more responsibility.
Some legislative semantics may say otherwise in some states, but chiropractors are not physicians

Reactions: 2 users