Studying for the Law and Ethics Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreudianSlippers

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am asking this for a social worker friend :). She has an LCSW, and is soon moving to Cali. She has to take the Law and Ethics test for her LCSW to transfer. However, she is having difficulty finding study materials. She feels comfortable with the ethics part, but is struggling with the Law questions. Are there any resources or pieces of advice you can offer? Thank you so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
California LCSW Law & Ethics Exam | The Therapist Development Center

It's expensive. I plan on buying it in a month or so. Has great reviews! Hope this is helpful.

Hey thanks for the reply! She took it a few days ago and passed!!! Very exciting. She ended up just using practice tests to study. I forget the name of the person who developed them, but it cost about $200 (a lot cheaper than the actual courses). If anybody is interested I can ask her and get back to ya. I do know it was a very, very hard test. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the reply! She took it a few days ago and passed!!! Very exciting. She ended up just using practice tests to study. I forget the name of the person who developed them, but it cost about $200 (a lot cheaper than the actual courses). If anybody is interested I can ask her and get back to ya. I do know it was a very, very hard test. Good luck!
You're very welcome! I need to fix my settings on here so I can reply in real time. I've heard that test was a beast. If we ever move back there I'm not looking forward to taking it. I'm thrilled for your friend!

Hi! I'd love to get the information about the practice tests your friends used to study for the Law and Ethics exam. I'm trying to take it this month and deciding which program to use to study. Thanks!

Hi! I'd love to get the information about the practice tests your friends used to study for the Law and Ethics exam. I'm trying to take it this month and deciding which program to use to study. Thanks!

Sorry about the delay! Didn't have internet access for a long time. I'll ask and then update :)