Study Text for CREOG's/Boards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gls3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I have been frustrated for a while looking for some version of a good study text, similar to First Aid for the Steps, or Step Up to the Boards series. There IS a First Aid for OBGYN Boards but it was updated in 2005 and is pretty sparse. Any good texts? People keep saying to use Prolog/Precis/Practice Bulletins but none of those fit as central study texts in the way a First Aid text does, to me I would prefer to have one central study text, and read those resources and transcribe important points from them into a study book, like when preparing for Step 1/2/3 and using First Aid and transcribing important things to know into the First Aid as I went along. Any help?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey All, I have been frustrated for a while looking for some version of a good study text, similar to First Aid for the Steps, or Step Up to the Boards series. There IS a First Aid for OBGYN Boards but it was updated in 2005 and is pretty sparse. Any good texts? People keep saying to use Prolog/Precis/Practice Bulletins but none of those fit as central study texts in the way a First Aid text does, to me I would prefer to have one central study text, and read those resources and transcribe important points from them into a study book, like when preparing for Step 1/2/3 and using First Aid and transcribing important things to know into the First Aid as I went along. Any help?

Doesn't exist.

You can pay or get a hold of the study guides from the the various board review courses (Dr. Walls, etc). That's the closest thing to what you are asking for but they generally have some errors etc.

I did reasonably well on CREOGs (>95th percentile).

My study format was as follows :
Practice Bulletins/Committee opinions
Prologs
Board review questions (usually they are floating around in the program)

You do have to crack open a textbook for the random factoids (most common cancer in pregnancy, most common type of adnexal mass in adolescents). These can be found in study guides as well.

Hopkins OB GYN manual (found on Amazon) is also reasonably good.

Main thing is as you progress in your training, there isn't really going to be a central study guide like Step 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

I read Gabbe obstetrics and Williams gynecology cover to cover over 4 years + PROLOGs everything you need to know is in those 2 books

Do board review questions for writtens