Study Materials PCAT 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EyeC92

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So as many of you may know the PCAT is changing starting in July 2016. I'm interested in finding out if there is a difference between Dr. Collins 15-16 version and the 16-17 version being that verbal ability is now removed + more passage based questions associated with Chem/Bio.

Do you think it's enough to just study for the July pcat w/ just Kaplan 2016-2017 version? If not, how long do you think it would take to go through the Dr. Collins material?

Members don't see this ad.

So as many of you may know the PCAT is changing starting in July 2016. I'm interested in finding out if there is a difference between Dr. Collins 15-16 version and the 16-17 version being that verbal ability is now removed + more passage based questions associated with Chem/Bio.

Do you think it's enough to just study for the July pcat w/ just Kaplan 2016-2017 version? If not, how long do you think it would take to go through the Dr. Collins material?
Yes, there is a difference in the 2016-2017 dr Collins. I am currently selling my 2016-2017 dr Collins and there is a folder specifying what is updated. I decided to pursue medicine as opposed to pharmacy but it was too late for me to return the material.
As for going through the material, it depends on how comfortable you are with it. I went through about the first 3 practice exams from each dr Collins section and reviewing the material went by relatively quickly. I also have the Kaplan pcat book and I noticed there was a lot of superficial and unnecessary info while the dr Collins was concise and to the point. I would say buy the dr Collins for the roughly 42 practice exam portions and for conciseness and supplement it with the Kaplan book. Let me know if you are interested though.

Yes, there is a difference in the 2016-2017 dr Collins. I am currently selling my 2016-2017 dr Collins and there is a folder specifying what is updated. I decided to pursue medicine as opposed to pharmacy but it was too late for me to return the material.
As for going through the material, it depends on how comfortable you are with it. I went through about the first 3 practice exams from each dr Collins section and reviewing the material went by relatively quickly. I also have the Kaplan pcat book and I noticed there was a lot of superficial and unnecessary info while the dr Collins was concise and to the point. I would say buy the dr Collins for the roughly 42 practice exam portions and for conciseness and supplement it with the Kaplan book. Let me know if you are interested though.
Hey wassup; im taking the pcat on july 22 and i was looking for a dr collins set to study. I was wondering how much are you willing to let your 2016 2017 dr collins set go for?

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is interested i have the 2016-2017 Dr. Collins study guides for sale. In new condition. It includes the updates.