Student Fitness Thread to end all fitness threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So have you just not gone into a cut?

I guess I would want to gain muscle first. I am 5 foot 11, and I only weigh about 153 pounds. I'm not sure what my body fat percentage is

I'd say put on some slow mass. .5 to 1 pound a week, plenty of protein. Add some creatine in there too. Go 300-500 cal above tdee. Make sure you sleep and eat enough.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say put on some slow mass. .5 to 1 pound a week, plenty of protein. Add some creatine in there too. Go 300-500 cal above tdee. Make sure you sleep and eat enough.

Do you think this calculator is accurate?
It tells me I should shoot for 307 G carbs, 205 G protein, and 76 G fat per day

Calculate Your Macronutrients Intake!

actually, I just found this, and I like this too
Calories Needed for a 22 year old, 155 lb Male

Guess I should get some fat calipers and try to get an accurate body fat %

Do you think this calculator is accurate?
It tells me I should shoot for 307 G carbs, 205 G protein, and 76 G fat per day

Calculate Your Macronutrients Intake!

actually, I just found this, and I like this too
Calories Needed for a 22 year old, 155 lb Male

Guess I should get some fat calipers and try to get an accurate body fat %

The second one is the one I like. I'd go with that 3100 or so number. No need to really check yet, I'm assuming you're pretty skinny so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just focus on eating enough, getting enough protein, and being consistent with your workouts. Consistency is key.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you guys consider strong? Referring to the multi-joint movements like squat.
2x bw squat
1.5x bw bench
2.5x bw deadlift
I would consider that the end range of intermediate. "Strong" is more like 3xbw squat

Reactions: 1 user
The second one is the one I like. I'd go with that 3100 or so number. No need to really check yet, I'm assuming you're pretty skinny so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Just focus on eating enough, getting enough protein, and being consistent with your workouts. Consistency is key.
Thanks!

Could someone maybe give me a brief answer to the whole debate over macros/if it fits in your macros/whatever. I'm trying to learn about nutrition and how to go about building a healthy diet to maximize my weightlifting, and I've found (on bodybuilding.com) that people argue that you can eat whatever you want, as long as it fits in your macro count for the day. For example, you could eat ice cream all the time, as long as it fits in your diet.

This doesn't make any sense, and it seems to completely oversimplify how dieting works. I mean, maybe I'm wrong, but why would 3000 calories of ice cream be the same thing as 3000 calories of celery haha? Aren't artificial foods full of preservatives/flavorings/whatever?

I've also wondered, specifically, why are artificial foods bad for you? What do artificial things do to your body?

Basically:

With IIFYM you don't have a specific food list, you have a macronutrient breakdown. As long as you hit your numbers for the day you can eat whatever you want.

Since ice cream is mostly carbs and fat, it will take up a good chunk of your daily carb/fat allowance if you eat it for breakfast. Because you "used" most of your carb and fat allowance for the day, the rest of your meals will be low carb, high protein.

You have to "make up" for the ice cream meal by eating less carbs and fat throughout the day.

Basically:

With IIFYM you don't have a specific food list, you have a macronutrient breakdown. As long as you hit your numbers for the day you can eat whatever you want.

Since ice cream is mostly carbs and fat, it will take up a good chunk of your daily carb/fat allowance if you eat it for breakfast. Because you "used" most of your carb and fat allowance for the day, the rest of your meals will be low carb, high protein.

You have to "make up" for the ice cream meal by eating less carbs and fat throughout the day.

I feel like if you ate unhealthy foods to hit your macros all the time, you would feel like crap

I have been trying so hard this year to stay healthy, but with living at home its really hard. Plus, I work 12+ hours a day and don't have a gym close to my house, so basically when I want to exercise I come home from work, exercise, eat and immediately get in bed. It's been so hard to stay motivated. It's especially frustrating because last year I worked really hard (3 hours per day at the gym, ate really healthy and I mean not a single junk food or chip for like 3 months, it was brutal), lost about 15 pounds, and was exactly where I wanted to be with my body/confidence. Except as soon as I stopped with the extreme routine I was doing, I immediately gained 5-6 pounds. Now I feel like I am living more healthily (i.e. not obsessing over every single thing that I eat, balancing exercise with my life more) and I can't seem to get that extra weight off. It's being so stubborn. I am really trying to do this without going to extremes. Any suggestions?

I have been trying so hard this year to stay healthy, but with living at home its really hard. Plus, I work 12+ hours a day and don't have a gym close to my house, so basically when I want to exercise I come home from work, exercise, eat and immediately get in bed. It's been so hard to stay motivated. It's especially frustrating because last year I worked really hard (3 hours per day at the gym, ate really healthy and I mean not a single junk food or chip for like 3 months, it was brutal), lost about 15 pounds, and was exactly where I wanted to be with my body/confidence. Except as soon as I stopped with the extreme routine I was doing, I immediately gained 5-6 pounds. Now I feel like I am living more healthily (i.e. not obsessing over every single thing that I eat, balancing exercise with my life more) and I can't seem to get that extra weight off. It's being so stubborn. I am really trying to do this without going to extremes. Any suggestions?

Slowly adjust your diet and make it routine. What I mean is drop calories and find things you'd be ok with eating nearly every day, then eat those things every day. It sounds like the majority of your problems are time issues right now and believe me eating the same things every day makes it easier to meal prep/stick to the diet.

Slowly adjust your diet and make it routine. What I mean is drop calories and find things you'd be ok with eating nearly every day, then eat those things every day. It sounds like the majority of your problems are time issues right now and believe me eating the same things every day makes it easier to meal prep/stick to the diet.
Do you ever get tired of eating the same things? Or do you have like a rotation of a couple things you eat? I am eating healthy already right now (somewhere around 1400 cals per day, good calories) so I just don't know what else I could be doing. I guess I could up protein intake and lessen carbs, although I wanted to avoid "dieting" per se and more go for healthy eating habits that I could maintain. Any meal suggestions?

Any females on here have experience with toning your legs? I was a former D1 athlete and have some left over bulk I'm trying to get rid of. I've gotten really into barre classes but my progress has been slow. I will admit I've been avoiding cardio for the past two years haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you ever get tired of eating the same things? Or do you have like a rotation of a couple things you eat? I am eating healthy already right now (somewhere around 1400 cals per day, good calories) so I just don't know what else I could be doing. I guess I could up protein intake and lessen carbs, although I wanted to avoid "dieting" per se and more go for healthy eating habits that I could maintain. Any meal suggestions?

I don't really get tired of it. I make it a habit, but if I fall off the bandwagon I tend to fall off hard.

I normally just eat the same things and they're relatively easy things to make/eat. Protein pancakes with PB and J, cottage cheese and fruit, omelets with plenty of veggies, etc. sometimes I'll make ground turkey curry, protein muffins, fried quinoa, low carb slow cooked tacos, tofu banh mi, etc.

1400 is so low, are you female or petite?

What is your workout program right now?

Do you like oatmeal? That has become my go-to breakfast over the years and it can be delicious if prepared right. You can mix it up with the toppings (different types of fruit, type of milk you make it with (I alternate between soy, whole, or almond- they all taste different), or by adding peanut butter.

See this is why we need to go to the same school, so we can cook healthy food together!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you like oatmeal? That has become my go-to breakfast over the years and it can be delicious if prepared right. You can mix it up with the toppings (different types of fruit, type of milk you make it with (I alternate between soy, whole, or almond- they all taste different), or by adding peanut butter.

See this is why we need to go to the same school, so we can cook healthy food together!
Cream of wheat ftw

I've also added almond butter before and it tastes great.

I don't really get tired of it. I make it a habit, but if I fall off the bandwagon I tend to fall off hard.

I normally just eat the same things and they're relatively easy things to make/eat. Protein pancakes with PB and J, cottage cheese and fruit, omelets with plenty of veggies, etc. sometimes I'll make ground turkey curry, protein muffins, fried quinoa, low carb slow cooked tacos, tofu banh mi, etc.

1400 is so low, are you female or petite?

What is your workout program right now?

I'm eating that low right now because I haven't been going to the gym, and when I do it's sporadic. I'm a 5'3" female so pretty petite, although 1400 is still pretty tough I try to make up for it with foods that are high protein relatively few calories (like tuna). When I ate super healthy I ate things like lettuce wraps and burgers with no bun, and lots of veggies. But I got tired of them after a while. I've mostly been sticking to cardio (30+ minutes on the stair stepper, it's brutal) just because of time but when I do weights I usually do a mix of legs/full body or high intensity circuits. But usually it's whatever I can motivate myself to do at the gym that day.

I do like oatmeal, but mostly just the flavored ones. I leave at like 6:30 for work though so most days I'm too lazy to make breakfast before I go and wind up packing peanut butter crackers. I'll try adding fruit to the plain ones though, weirdly I never thought of that before. PLEASE get in im rooting for you so hard. It would be so amazing!!

I'm eating that low right now because I haven't been going to the gym, and when I do it's sporadic. I'm a 5'3" female so pretty petite, although 1400 is still pretty tough I try to make up for it with foods that are high protein relatively few calories (like tuna). When I ate super healthy I ate things like lettuce wraps and burgers with no bun, and lots of veggies. But I got tired of them after a while. I've mostly been sticking to cardio (30+ minutes on the stair stepper, it's brutal) just because of time but when I do weights I usually do a mix of legs/full body or high intensity circuits. But usually it's whatever I can motivate myself to do at the gym that day.

I do like oatmeal, but mostly just the flavored ones. I leave at like 6:30 for work though so most days I'm too lazy to make breakfast before I go and wind up packing peanut butter crackers. I'll try adding fruit to the plain ones though, weirdly I never thought of that before. PLEASE get in im rooting for you so hard. It would be so amazing!!

Have you ever tried overnight oatmeal? You basically add in ingredients the night before and put it in the fridge so when you wake up the liquids have been soaked up by the oats and the flavors have blended. That can save some time. I also will make a smoothie the night before, put it in a shaker bottle or something then put it in the fridge.

Have you ever tried overnight oatmeal? You basically add in ingredients the night before and put it in the fridge so when you wake up the liquids have been soaked up by the oats and the flavors have blended. That can save some time. I also will make a smoothie the night before, put it in a shaker bottle or something then put it in the fridge.
No I didn't even know that existed! That's really smart I'll try that! Thanks :)

Overnight oats are great as mentioned above.

I'd recommend eating more veggies so you're full more often. The only veggies with high amounts of calories (relatively) are going to be the starchy ones, carrots, corn and peas. Stick to greens and stay full. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too.

Have you ever thought of doing some heavier weight training? It HIIT and heavy weights might be what you need. You can keep your workouts short and get the most out of it. You won't get bulky from doing heavy weights, but it has some great physiological effects and burns plenty of calories. Having a little more muscle will make you look more fit even if you're heavier as well.

Jumping into see if anyone has a good routine/diet for building some abs. I have had my BF measured at 10% at 5'7 and 140. No abs are visible though :(. I go to the gym 4 days a week and work abs on two of them (yoga on the off day). I had lost a substantial amount of weight about 3 years ago when I first started and so have a tad bit of loose skin in my core that I think is hiding them. If you actually pull the skin (gross...), they are visible. I honestly don't notice any fat hiding them otherwise. Any tips in firming my core to reveal abs?

Jumping into see if anyone has a good routine/diet for building some abs. I have had my BF measured at 10% at 5'7 and 140. No abs are visible though :(. I go to the gym 4 days a week and work abs on two of them (yoga on the off day). I had lost a substantial amount of weight about 3 years ago when I first started and so have a tad bit of loose skin in my core that I think is hiding them. If you actually pull the skin (gross...), they are visible. I honestly don't notice any fat hiding them otherwise. Any tips in firming my core to reveal abs?

I honestly believe that abs are made in the kitchen. What are your eating habits like?

I honestly believe that abs are made in the kitchen. What are your eating habits like?
Yeah agreed there. I don't think the diet is the problem. Regularly I hit about 2300 calories and split that total across about 5-6 meals/snacks. I have had mini bulk periods where I hit about 2800 calories regularly and have gained up to about 148 before dropping down again
Breakfast: eggs and oats with berries
PWO: Greek Yogurt and Granola or some carb
Lunch: Salad with tuna/chicken and plenty of veggies with fruit
Snacks: Almonds/Protein products (like high protein chocolates or enlightened crisps)/Cottage cheese on Toast (usually Ezekiel or whole wheat)
Dinners: always homemade and emphasis on a vegetable starch and protein.

-My macro split: 140-150 p, 70-80f, 280-310 c (varies depending on particular day)
-Limit sugar on most days to below 20g of added sugar
-Fiber regularly gets as high as 40g during the day
-Have Bread no more than once a day

I limit alcohol to special occasions/weekends and have dessert once (twice max) a week, mostly because I don't exactly crave it anyway. Getting food out is rare and never have fast food.

Overnight oats are great as mentioned above.

I'd recommend eating more veggies so you're full more often. The only veggies with high amounts of calories (relatively) are going to be the starchy ones, carrots, corn and peas. Stick to greens and stay full. Make sure you're drinking plenty of water too.

Have you ever thought of doing some heavier weight training? It HIIT and heavy weights might be what you need. You can keep your workouts short and get the most out of it. You won't get bulky from doing heavy weights, but it has some great physiological effects and burns plenty of calories. Having a little more muscle will make you look more fit even if you're heavier as well.
Yeah I used to be able to squat 2X my body weight, bench press 135 (I was impressed with myself because I'm a girl lol), do heavy deadlifts, etc. It's just been hard to go back and realize how much strength I've lost, so I've been avoiding it (a great mindset, I know). I used to do a lot of HIIT but now I find I just need to relax after work so I prefer steady state. I guess I should start forcing myself to lift weights though. It does burn more calories in the long run. My favorite and go-to veggie is broccoli :) I drink a lot of water already. Everyone says its supposed to make you feel fuller, but it doesn't for me. I mean it makes my stomach feel physically full, it just doesn't do anything for my hunger.

Back the squats it is, then.

Yeah I used to be able to squat 2X my body weight, bench press 135 (I was impressed with myself because I'm a girl lol), do heavy deadlifts, etc. It's just been hard to go back and realize how much strength I've lost, so I've been avoiding it (a great mindset, I know). I used to do a lot of HIIT but now I find I just need to relax after work so I prefer steady state. I guess I should start forcing myself to lift weights though. It does burn more calories in the long run. My favorite and go-to veggie is broccoli :) I drink a lot of water already. Everyone says its supposed to make you feel fuller, but it doesn't for me. I mean it makes my stomach feel physically full, it just doesn't do anything for my hunger.

Back the squats it is, then.

The strength will come back real quick, trust me.

Side note, first week of RP cutting template diet. Realized I can't cook straight chicken for ****. Tried baking it and it came out horrible. I need a damn grill or something. Think I might make ground turkey with taco seasoning next time.

The strength will come back real quick, trust me.

Side note, first week of RP cutting template diet. Realized I can't cook straight chicken for ****. Tried baking it and it came out horrible. I need a damn grill or something. Think I might make ground turkey with taco seasoning next time.
Try cutting it up and sautéing it in a pan. I usually did it with a tiny bit of butter or olive oil. I'm talking tiny. Or use coconut oil. I have even used water, soy sauce, or just sautéed them by themselves in the pan. My favorite way to make it. I have no idea what the actual diet is though, because I haven't paid for it. lol.

Try cutting it up and sautéing it in a pan. I usually did it with a tiny bit of butter or olive oil. I'm talking tiny. Or use coconut oil. I have even used water, soy sauce, or just sautéed them by themselves in the pan. My favorite way to make it. I have no idea what the actual diet is though, because I haven't paid for it. lol.

It's pretty restrictive but it does call for some healthy fats with my lean protein so coconut and olive oil are good sources. I'll probably do that next time and see if I get any better results. I honestly think the baked chicken had too much water and came out more like boiled chicken than baked.

It's pretty restrictive but it does call for some healthy fats with my lean protein so coconut and olive oil are good sources. I'll probably do that next time and see if I get any better results. I honestly think the baked chicken had too much water and came out more like boiled chicken than baked.
I hate baked chicken with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Sautéed chicken I could eat every night. Especially if you cut up some fresh garlic with it. Some other great ways to cook it are with that McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning, or just simple salt and pepper.

I make these AMAZING chicken lettuce wraps that are just sautéed chicken, onions, "Lite Asian Soy Sesame dressing" or whatever from Ken's, a little bit of soy sauce (low sodium), some chopped up peanuts (for texture), and sometimes a little bit of corn, all wrapped up in romain lettuce leaves. Occasionally I will add black beans, depending on my macros for the day. SO DELICIOUS. The bonus part is, I always used the throw the leftover filling on top of some lettuce and Voila! I had a salad for lunch for the next day. Probably had this 2-3x per week last year.

Also, sometimes I would make ground turkey burgers with a fried egg on top on a bed of mashed up cauliflower. Felt kind of like a "bun" (although not really, I tried to trick myself into thinking that). I'm also a huge fan of my slow cooker.

I hate baked chicken with the passion of a thousand burning suns. Sautéed chicken I could eat every night. Especially if you cut up some fresh garlic with it. Some other great ways to cook it are with that McCormick Montreal Chicken seasoning, or just simple salt and pepper.

I make these AMAZING chicken lettuce wraps that are just sautéed chicken, onions, "Lite Asian Soy Sesame dressing" or whatever from Ken's, a little bit of soy sauce (low sodium), some chopped up peanuts (for texture), and sometimes a little bit of corn, all wrapped up in romain lettuce leaves. Occasionally I will add black beans, depending on my macros for the day. SO DELICIOUS. The bonus part is, I always used the throw the leftover filling on top of some lettuce and Voila! I had a salad for lunch for the next day. Probably had this 2-3x per week last year.

Also, sometimes I would make ground turkey burgers with a fried egg on top on a bed of mashed up cauliflower. Felt kind of like a "bun" (although not really, I tried to trick myself into thinking that). I'm also a huge fan of my slow cooker.

That reminded me, I have a really good recipe for slow cooked chicken tacos somewhere, now I just gotta find it.

The lettuce wrap sounds like a good idea too. Right now I'm eating raw baby spinach to get my greens and I've only just realized I hate raw baby spinach. Maybe sauteed broccoli would be another good choice.

That reminded me, I have a really good recipe for slow cooked chicken tacos somewhere, now I just gotta find it.

The lettuce wrap sounds like a good idea too. Right now I'm eating raw baby spinach to get my greens and I've only just realized I hate raw baby spinach. Maybe sauteed broccoli would be another good choice.
Favorite way to get my greens is to sauté kale with olive oil and onions and garlic. So delicious. Just now realized I might be obsessed with sautéing things. I also really love asparagus (although its expensive), especially with salmon. That's my "cheat meal" because its so expensive lol. But I feel so fancy when I eat it. Almost like a real adult, who has their crap together.

If you find your slow cooked chicken tacos, send me the recipe. They sound delicious.

Favorite way to get my greens is to sauté kale with olive oil and onions and garlic. So delicious. Just now realized I might be obsessed with sautéing things. I also really love asparagus (although its expensive), especially with salmon. That's my "cheat meal" because its so expensive lol. But I feel so fancy when I eat it. Almost like a real adult, who has their crap together.

If you find your slow cooked chicken tacos, send me the recipe. They sound delicious.

Asparagus with salmon and lemon is a classic.

Sauteeing seems to be pretty easy and tasty. I actually think I might sautee and slightly brown the chicken I baked to see if that makes it better. Garlic makes everything better tbh.

The only thing that sucks on this diet so far is that I can't have whole eggs unless I want to go over my fats (most of the time) and I can't have my morning kodiak cakes with peanut butter and jam.

This was the recipe I used. Pretty simple which is why I went for it, very tasty.

Asparagus with salmon and lemon is a classic.

Sauteeing seems to be pretty easy and tasty. I actually think I might sautee and slightly brown the chicken I baked to see if that makes it better. Garlic makes everything better tbh.

The only thing that sucks on this diet so far is that I can't have whole eggs unless I want to go over my fats (most of the time) and I can't have my morning kodiak cakes with peanut butter and jam.

This was the recipe I used. Pretty simple which is why I went for it, very tasty.
I'm a garlic aficionado. And no whole eggs? What about breakfast what are you supposed to eat? I guess just like a protein shake and some toast or something?

I'm a garlic aficionado. And no whole eggs? What about breakfast what are you supposed to eat? I guess just like a protein shake and some toast or something?

Today I had 8 egg whites with some bell pepper in it. I need a better solution for this breakfast. I think salsa and hot sauce may be that solution.

Today I had 8 egg whites with some bell pepper in it. I need a better solution for this breakfast. I think salsa and hot sauce may be that solution.
That sounds so sad :( definitely spice it up. I'm trying to think of other options but am coming up blank.

That sounds so sad :( definitely spice it up. I'm trying to think of other options but am coming up blank.

Due to the meal timing/workout schedule I'm honestly considering just having chicken for breakfast with some greens so I can go for a meal that includes kodiak cakes and peanut butter later in the day. The RP program is structured based on meal timing around your workout as well as splitting up carbs through certain times of the day. Since I train in the afternoon, my first meal is all protein and a little bit of fats with some veggies.

Due to the meal timing/workout schedule I'm honestly considering just having chicken for breakfast with some greens so I can go for a meal that includes kodiak cakes and peanut butter later in the day. The RP program is structured based on meal timing around your workout as well as splitting up carbs through certain times of the day. Since I train in the afternoon, my first meal is all protein and a little bit of fats with some veggies.
Chicken for breakfast actually doesn't sound too bad. This program sounds so restrictive. Does it work? I googled it and it seems legit. Honestly it kind of just sounds like carb cycling but on a smaller scale (hours instead of days)

Chicken for breakfast actually doesn't sound too bad. This program sounds so restrictive. Does it work? I googled it and it seems legit. Honestly it kind of just sounds like carb cycling but on a smaller scale (hours instead of days)

Yeah it's pretty restrictive. It'll tell me "eat this many ounces of lean protein, veggies, and this many grams of carbs for this meal" then defines what qualifies for those categories. It seems like it's been very effective for those trying to cut and maintain strength/mass. The top American weightlifters use their personalized programming for diet, which is $575 for a 3 month diet plan for one-on-one coaching. I'm only a day into it so we'll see how well it works.

It honestly just seems like meal timing as well as controlling carb intake and having the majority of cab intake happen around your workout. Makes sense to me. I'm just trying to lean out while still keeping my squat and other lifts as strong as possible.

Yeah it's pretty restrictive. It'll tell me "eat this many ounces of lean protein, veggies, and this many grams of carbs for this meal" then defines what qualifies for those categories. It seems like it's been very effective for those trying to cut and maintain strength/mass. The top American weightlifters use their personalized programming for diet, which is $575 for a 3 month diet plan for one-on-one coaching. I'm only a day into it so we'll see how well it works.

It honestly just seems like meal timing as well as controlling carb intake and having the majority of cab intake happen around your workout. Makes sense to me. I'm just trying to lean out while still keeping my squat and other lifts as strong as possible.
How do you have the willpower for all of that? You're amazing. Ugh I have to build my squat back up. Does it take shorter the second time? Please say yes.

Has anyone hired an online powerlifting coach? Been considering it but I also really enjoy learning how to make programs

How do you have the willpower for all of that? You're amazing. Ugh I have to build my squat back up. Does it take shorter the second time? Please say yes.

I don't have the willpower for it haha I fall off the wagon often and hard. The only times I've fully stuck with a diet is when I totally commit to it and that tends to only happen during breaks when I have nothing else going on.

Yeah the strength will come back quick. It's building the initial strength that seems to be the hard part. You could take months off, then come back and reach near/at your old numbers in a month or two. At least that's been my experience so far.

Has anyone hired an online powerlifting coach? Been considering it but I also really enjoy learning how to make programs

I'd recommend getting a decent coach unless you really know about programming. It also depends on your goals though. If you're not worried about being competitive then you probably don't need it, but your progress will also probably be slower.

I'd recommend getting a decent coach unless you really know about programming. It also depends on your goals though. If you're not worried about being competitive then you probably don't need it, but your progress will also probably be slower.

Fair. I think I will end up doing it. I've been looking around the internet to see who is good/worth the money and gives a lot of feedback. I don't want to pay money for some cookie cutter program

Oh, I hit 10lbs lost btw everyone.

Reactions: 7 users
I highly recommend the RP book, the Renaissance Diet. That being said I'm at my leanest and fittest right now and I eat like a pig, but I need to because of my training volume.

I don't have the willpower for it haha I fall off the wagon often and hard. The only times I've fully stuck with a diet is when I totally commit to it and that tends to only happen during breaks when I have nothing else going on.

Yeah the strength will come back quick. It's building the initial strength that seems to be the hard part. You could take months off, then come back and reach near/at your old numbers in a month or two. At least that's been my experience so far.
This is me. When I fall off, I really fall off. Okay. I will start getting back to my lifting. part of me just wants to wait until med schools starts though, so I can start with my new routine and stick with it. I guess that's just an excuse to not exercise now though. One-two months is fantastic though! Thanks :)

Started at 200.. weighed in at 178 today. Not quite sure what my Fitness goals are besides to look good so I can get a hot gf, but I am pretty happy with the progress since Jan 1

Reactions: 6 users
Started at 200.. weighed in at 178 today. Not quite sure what my Fitness goals are besides to look good so I can get a hot gf, but I am pretty happy with the progress since Jan 1

you're going to be a doc though, so you don't need to look good to get a hot gf