This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CoatedAcrobat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,

So here's my story. I was let go from my OB/GYN residency program after completing 2 years in good standing. I had family issues that kept me from studying successfully for USMLE Step 3 and didn't pass it within 3 attempts at the time I was in the program. A year has gone by and I passed Step 3 (improved my score by +30 points!) and am looking for vacancies. All I got was an interview from UIC (which was great) and I was this close to getting the spot. I was their #2. It was too good to be true. Now I'm hounding down the only 4 programs with PGY-2 and PGY-3 vacancies but those spots are filling up. What do I do? I was thinking I could probably re-enter the match this year and apply to programs for a PGY-1 spot. What do y'all think?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi y'all,

So here's my story. I was let go from my OB/GYN residency program after completing 2 years in good standing. I had family issues that kept me from studying successfully for USMLE Step 3 and didn't pass it within 3 attempts at the time I was in the program. A year has gone by and I passed Step 3 (improved my score by +30 points!) and am looking for vacancies. All I got was an interview from UIC (which was great) and I was this close to getting the spot. I was their #2. It was too good to be true. Now I'm hounding down the only 4 programs with PGY-2 and PGY-3 vacancies but those spots are filling up. What do I do? I was thinking I could probably re-enter the match this year and apply to programs for a PGY-1 spot. What do y'all think?
I am a family doctor in a small town. I am looking for someone who can deliver babies and do surgery including c sections etc. I would like to talk to you about a position that would pay well and be rewarding as well. You do not have to be board certified. [email protected]
David Chambers MD

I am a family doctor in a small town. I am looking for someone who can deliver babies and do surgery including c sections etc. I would like to talk to you about a position that would pay well and be rewarding as well. You do not have to be board certified. [email protected]
David Chambers MD