Step2CS score release August 15 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fahadkhan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for the score report and feeling as if they legit failed it?? My main concern is failing ICE...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I too am waiting for my score. My permit doesn't seem to be there. When did you guys take yours? I took mine on the 12th of July in Philly...Don't know when exactly I'll get mine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! IMG here. My permit has disappeared on OASIS too (via the Click here link on the USMLE page). My eligibility period hasn't expired yet but I don't know if the link has always been gone since I took the exam. Does anyone have any idea about this? So nervous :(

Hey guys,

Ended up completely forgetting my password to my other account...
But, this wait has been unbearable. I really think I have PTSD. I keep switching back and forth between thinking I failed CIS or ICE. Or both. Like, so many stupid mistakes and things I forgot to do. Plus, the things I don't know I forgot to do.

Anyways, my score report disappeared as well- on OASIS, I go to reprint score report and it says I'm not registered or something. I hope the rumors are true, but I've heard its been fixed and no longer holds true?

I really hope everyone passes. But, in a twisted way, its kind of nice to know we all feel like hot garbage.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

Ended up completely forgetting my password to my other account...
But, this wait has been unbearable. I really think I have PTSD. I keep switching back and forth between thinking I failed CIS or ICE. Or both. Like, so many stupid mistakes and things I forgot to do. Plus, the things I don't know I forgot to do.

Anyways, my score report disappeared as well- on OASIS, I go to reprint score report and it says I'm not registered or something. I hope the rumors are true, but I've heard its been fixed and no longer holds true?

I really hope everyone passes. But, in a twisted way, its kind of nice to know we all feel like hot garbage.

Kind of in the same boat. I know 5 MAJOR mistakes that I made which can potentially lead to ICE failure.... God knows how many more which I don't even rememeber.

Most people who write during the last block (up to july 15th) will receive their score Aug 16 (the first wed), while 98-99% will receive by the third wed.
I remember checking my permit 7-10 days ago, it was still there. But now its definetly gone.

Thanks SDN for this threads. Kind of relief knowing you're not alone in this. I knew waiting for step scores is hard...but this is freaking torture. I remember being happy and confident right after the exam but know I can't stop thinking I failed. Good luck everyone, helpfully we'll find out this week.

Just to confirm/clarify,

When I go to OASIS, and click "reprint exam permit" (my eligibility period is still good) I get this message:

The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS.

IWE Home page

Is this what others are getting?

Just to confirm/clarify,

When I go to OASIS, and click "reprint exam permit" (my eligibility period is still good) I get this message:

The Step 2 CS scheduling permit is sent to applicants after they are registered for Step 2 CS. You cannot print a scheduling permit because you are not currently registered for Step 2 CS.

IWE Home page

Yes.

Just to confirm/clarify,

IWE Home page

Yes. I'm seeing the same thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, asking a question for a friend who is about to take exam in few days. Are we allowed to write abbreviations for differential diagnosis? such as writing PE, instead of pulmonary embolism. Please reply.

I'd say put the full names in for the Ddx. The only abbreviations I think acceptable that aren't on the list are like the CTAB, no m/r/g ones that are clear cut. PE could be pleural effusion, etc...

Hey guys, asking a question for a friend who is about to take exam in few days. Are we allowed to write abbreviations for differential diagnosis? such as writing PE, instead of pulmonary embolism. Please reply.
Why would you want to write a DD using abbreviations and jeopardize your exam? There is a list of standard abbreviations that we can use posted on usmle website. Just stick to those and be safe, at least that's what I did.

Thanks for the reply guys!
Hoping and praying we all pass.... Last 2 days are going to be crazy!!!! Walking out of exam felt decent(with only few mistakes in mind) but now as the score day is coming closer, sooooo many mistakes are coming back...

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone tell me what time do they release the scores? I'm so nervous...

Cant believe I still have 2 months to wait. Why don't they just pull my score out of a hat (like we all know they do) sooner

score come out in 16th right? not tomorrow? and if i still have permit up, im not likely getting score this week?

Usually between 8 and 11am. Same here, going nuts lol.
thanks Alezam!

So just want to clear something up - did i understand this right: those who took it at the end of the period (say like me on the 12th of July) get their score sooner?

This sh.... is getting real folks... less than 24h and counting lol..Best of luck for all of us!!!

Last edited:
I feel queasy waiting for these results; I keep going over my mistakes in my head and I'm supposed to be concentrating on CK studying.

I feel queasy waiting for these results; I keep going over my mistakes in my head and I'm supposed to be concentrating on CK studying.
exact same situation.... and made tons of mistakes. like 6 major mistakes atleast and so many other which I probably dont even remember. Not to forget gazillion spelling mistakes...

Yeah I gave that up for today. My anxiety is at an all time high. If I failed this exam (which I truly feel like is a big possibility) then I am scared of getting no interviews since I already have a lowish Step score. Hell sometimes I wish I took it later so it won't show up on ERAS but then the standards went up so maybe its for the best.

The release dates for CS are clearly listed on
2017 and 2018 Schedules for Reporting Step 2 CS Results - ECFMG News
In summary:
- If you wrote between, may 21-July 15, you get your score between Aug 16-Sept 13 on a wednesday.
- Most ppl get it on the first wed (Aug 16)
- 98-99% will get their score by the third wed (Aug 30)
- 1-2% will get theres very late. These are usually ppl who test near the end of the period (Around July 15). However, you will never get your score later than the reporting period which is Sept 13th.

Everyone, please keep track if you see your "permit" and report back if you passed or not. It would be nice to finally know if these actually means something for future students :)!

Good luck everyone

anyone else has still permit up? it just means i won't get it tomorrow right
Yeah for the most part i believe it means you'll have to wait longer. There are some threads that claim that if you have your permit it could mean you failed, but this has never been proven by anyone lol
etc. No one has ever come out and i said "i had my permit and i failed, or my permit disappeared and i failed"

What do u guys mean by permit disappearing? I took mine at end of may, when i go to open my permit, it gives me option to start new application for step 1, step 2 ck and cs, and then one link for saved application and one link for form 186 eligiblity, but it has been like this since i gave the exam in may, will i get my result tomorrow? do i have the permit? Im so confused, good luck guys

What do u guys mean by permit disappearing? I took mine at end of may, when i go to open my permit, it gives me option to start new application for step 1, step 2 ck and cs, and then one link for saved application and one link for form 186 eligiblity, but it has been like this since i gave the exam in may, will i get my result tomorrow? do i have the permit? Im so confused, good luck guys
There should be an option to reprint your Step 2 CS permit on IWA above the 186 form, or you can access the permit on OASIS via the USMLE Application Page where it says Click here to reprint permit. Has your eligibility period for CS expired? If it has, then your permit will automatically disappear. Otherwise, it could mean that you'll get results tomorrow.

Last edited:
Go to oasis, on the examinations application menu you're gonna see your step 2cs application and a link to your permit, when you click on it you should get a message saying that you are not registered for this exam, that means your permit is gone, also on IWA you don't see it anymore as printable doc...good luck

There should be an option to reprint your Step 2 CS permit on IWA above the 186 form, or you can access the permit on OASIS via the USMLE Application Page where it says Click here to reprint permit. Has your eligibility period for CS expired? If it has, then your permit will automatically disappear. Otherwise, it could mean that you'll get results today.
No my eligibility will end in 2018, but that reprint permit link hasnt been there since 2 months. i dont even remember
Go to oasis, on the examinations application menu you're gonna see your step 2cs application and a link to your permit, when you click on it you should get a message saying that you are not registered for this exam, that means your permit is gone, also on IWA you don't see it anymore as printable doc...good luck

My eligibility will end in 2018, and that reprint permit link hasnt been there since 2 months, but i guess it doesnt matter, i hope we all pass, i totally messed up pt note, few hours left to find out.

No my eligibility will end in 2018, but that reprint permit link hasnt been there since 2 months. i dont even remember

My eligibility will end in 2018, and that reprint permit link hasnt been there since 2 months, but i guess it doesnt matter, i hope we all pass, i totally messed up pt note, few hours left to find out.
Yeah, I feel like my reprint link hasn't been there for a while as well. Took my exam in June. So not sure if it means anything at all :/

same here.... totally messed up 5-6 pt notes.

Yes i was confused before too. Thats the first ECFMG page and yes above form 186 there should be an option to view your step 2 CS permit UNLESS
a) Your permit expired
b) Your likely getting your score tomorrow (this is what i talk about when i say my permit is gone)
Theres another page you can access if you click OASIS after you login to ECFMG, and then scroll down to step 2 CS and if you click reprint permit, you should get a message saying you cant cause your registered for step 2, but i dont think this page link matters it seems to always be there regardless.