Step 3 preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psych_hopeful

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay SDN. Teach me what you know about Step 3. I'm still in an American medical school about to graduate. My stats are:

Step 1: 198
Step 2 CK: 221

So I'm not really that good of a test taker. But I really want to kill this test. Here's what I have done:

I've gotten Master The Boards 3 and I've started making Ankis out of them. While a lot of the cards I wrote require you to recall facts, I've written cards as follows:

Q: A patient comes in with a fever of 102 F and productive cough. He states that he has been losing weight for the past few months and has woken up with his shirt soaked. What is the next step?

A: Chest X-ray

And pretty much, using the clinical picture in MTB in order to make Ankis about different diseases. I plan to start UWorld Step 3 as well.

Am I on the right track or am I doing this wrong completely?

Members don't see this ad.

Okay SDN. Teach me what you know about Step 3. I'm still in an American medical school about to graduate. My stats are:

Step 1: 198
Step 2 CK: 221

So I'm not really that good of a test taker. But I really want to kill this test. Here's what I have done:

I've gotten Master The Boards 3 and I've started making Ankis out of them. While a lot of the cards I wrote require you to recall facts, I've written cards as follows:

Q: A patient comes in with a fever of 102 F and productive cough. He states that he has been losing weight for the past few months and has woken up with his shirt soaked. What is the next step?

A: Chest X-ray

And pretty much, using the clinical picture in MTB in order to make Ankis about different diseases. I plan to start UWorld Step 3 as well.

Am I on the right track or am I doing this wrong completely?
Hey im in same boat as you, hope this link will help you!!!! Clksite.com

I thought people only start studying for step 3 in PGY1 (/when they're an intern). Have I mistaken?