USMLE Step 2CS Scheduling & availability

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vertigo7

Physician, IMG
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm IMG, applying for 2017 Match. Currently I'm waiting for my scheduling permit for step 2 CS to be issued, but I looked up available test dates on this site csess2.ecfmg.org/calendar.aspx and if I'm seeing correctly first available test date is September 19th. Is that possible?

I was hoping to take the test in June/July in order to receive my test results and ECFMG certification by the time ERAS application opens (15th September). Does this mean that I'll receive my results in December (best case scenario)?

Is there any chance that test centers will open additional test dates before September?

Thanks so much for your answers!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes.
Download Firefox, in Firefox google check4change extension, highlight the week you are looking for a change on the ecfmg website, right click and click on check4change. Leave that tab for ecfmg open all day. When there's a change, you're computer will yell Change! And viola! You'll have a date in a couple of hours

Reactions: 1 user
I kept checking for openings randomly. The closer the date the more likely you'll find that someone freaked out cancelled/changed their date, and the more likely you'll be able to grab it. But just like Almostdoc1230 mentioned, that's another method of doing it. I used that method for another exam and it worked. Only caveat is that you have to be next to the computer all the time to hear the alarm go off.
There's also an alert that you can set up via the website, you decide on a certain month (30 day period) and certain location. Once an opening shows up, an email will be sent to you. However by the time you check your email and open the website, chances are someone else grabbed that date.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks so much for your answers! They are extremely helpful to me. As soon as my scheduling permit is issued I'll try this method.
(I submitted online part of application about 10 days ago and my scheduling permit has not been made available yet, so I can't do anything right now ://)

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I want to thank you once again. Using check4change firefox extension, I was able to schedule my desired date at the end of June (which is the busiest time!).

I was willing to pay $100 to that guy that can find you any date you want, but I'm glad I tried by myself first.
It took me few hours and 10 open tabs lol.
My advice for people who will find themselves in the same situation is to make custom setting to check every 3 seconds, because dates that open up are gone within seconds! You have to act real fast. And also choose in the settings that a tab with a change is brought to front. :)

Reactions: 1 users
hi there... my 2cs date is in October, but I need one in June/July.. have tried the check4change method and there were a few spots opening up.. I was real fast, but no luck! I'm a bit frustrated about it... ist somebody sitting somewhere with a special software that makes it impossible for me to grab the dates??? It took me only like 4 sec to try to get an opened up date but it was gone already..
is it still possible to do it this way?
any thoughts?:(

Yes.
Download Firefox, in Firefox google check4change extension, highlight the week you are looking for a change on the ecfmg website, right click and click on check4change. Leave that tab for ecfmg open all day. When there's a change, you're computer will yell Change! And viola! You'll have a date in a couple of hours

The ECFMG website has that red message on that says there is no testing space in my eligibility period. In that case how do I select the month or week of my choice?
I just selected this red message instead, for now.
?