Step 2 in less than 2 weeks, advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wegh

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just started taking practice exams, so I did the oldest one first (NBME 4) and scored 250. Not upset but I see some people getting that score 3 months out and then doing much worse on something like NBME 7 (which I heard under predicts)

Should I push my exam if I am hoping to score 240+? What score on NBME 7 (which I will take tomorrow most likely) would be a good reason to push the exam- < 230?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You're doing fine. The UWSA are much better predictors, I would suggest doing that next. The question difficulty (and therefore curve) is much more indicative of the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user
You're doing fine. The UWSA are much better predictors, I would suggest doing that next. The question difficulty (and therefore curve) is much more indicative of the real thing.

Thanks I appreciate the reply. I will plan on doing a UWSA monday then and another close to the exam

Absolutely. The NBME you did well on, but the curves are tough because the questions are easier FYI. UWSA is a easier curve (I got a 230 on UWSA with 67% vs a 219 on NBME 6 with an 83%) with much harder (actually USMLE esque) questions. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just started taking practice exams, so I did the oldest one first (NBME 4) and scored 250. Not upset but I see some people getting that score 3 months out and then doing much worse on something like NBME 7 (which I heard under predicts)

Should I push my exam if I am hoping to score 240+? What score on NBME 7 (which I will take tomorrow most likely) would be a good reason to push the exam- < 230?

Thanks

May i ask how many questions you got wrong on that NBME 4?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Sounds like you know exactly what you to do.
My advice would be take extra notice of which topics or subjects you are still uncomfortable with and brush up on them.

Ah I see. Thank goodness for the internet because I don't know a lot of this stuff haha.
May i ask how many questions you got wrong on that NBME 4?

I only know subjects that I did worse on, is that what you mean?

Sounds like you know exactly what you to do.
My advice would be take extra notice of which topics or subjects you are still uncomfortable with and brush up on them.

Definitely, and thank you. My goal is to redo all my wrong questions combined with redos of the ones I got right but were subjects that I am weak in

PS, changed things up a bit so doing UWSA1 tomorrow combined with NBME 5

nbme 6 - 256
uwsa1 - 260

not sure how that uwsa1 worked out because I literally couldn't think by the 2nd block (which was my 6th). But hey, don't question things right?