Step 2 CS Scheduling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kas3d

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
US med student here --- I'm currently scheduled to take Step 2 CS on Nov. 6 which means I should get my score back around Jan. 30. Is this too late? I have been hearing different things about having to have CS scores in to programs so that they will rank you....

Otherwise average applicant, no problems with Step 1, taking Step 2 CK at the end of this month.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

US med student here --- I'm currently scheduled to take Step 2 CS on Nov. 6 which means I should get my score back around Jan. 30. Is this too late? I have been hearing different things about having to have CS scores in to programs so that they will rank you....

Otherwise average applicant, no problems with Step 1, taking Step 2 CK at the end of this month.

Thanks!

If it bothers you, then take it a little earlier. But you and a lot of other people will be taking CS later, and not everyone can take it earlier - not enough spots - so it's a little silly for programs to expect that you will have it passed by rank list time, because many/most of the students on their lists won't have taken and passed by score anyway. What are they going to do, risk the chance of not filling?? I doubt it.

I think this is a bluff you can safely call.

i have written and passed step 1, yet to write ck end of this month. had wanted to write cs first but had vissa issues. now have my vissa sorted out, will write cs on nov 28. should i still attempt to get into a program this year. will be immigrating to the us and hoping to settle down early.