This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Applepieisgood

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wrote my Step 2 CS as a Canadian IMG studying in the UK and i made some mistakes that are giving me anxiety and i'm wondering if it is enough to possibly cause me to fail.

- I auscultated the aortic and pulmonary valve for every patient, but i did not auscultate at the 5th intercostal space (below the breast) for any female patient as i was afraid to expose too much

- I forgot about putting up the leg rest for the abdominal exam until the 7th-12th patient

- I had 3-4 patients where i did not counsel about smoking and contraceptive use

In your experience, would these critical errors on top of other minor errors be enough to fail Step 2 CS?

Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Just wrote my Step 2 CS as a Canadian IMG studying in the UK and i made some mistakes that are giving me anxiety and i'm wondering if it is enough to possibly cause me to fail.

- I auscultated the aortic and pulmonary valve for every patient, but i did not auscultate at the 5th intercostal space (below the breast) for any female patient as i was afraid to expose too much

- I forgot about putting up the leg rest for the abdominal exam until the 7th-12th patient

- I had 3-4 patients where i did not counsel about smoking and contraceptive use

In your experience, would these critical errors on top of other minor errors be enough to fail Step 2 CS?

Thank you so much

The leg rest thing probably isn't a big deal since not every patient needs an abdominal exam..the mitral auscultation probably isn't huge either i think. I just took mine too and made plenty of mistakes...what do you think of these? On one patient I wrote no allergies when he said he had one...on another I wrote clear to auscultation bilaterally when the exam was hindered when I listened to his lungs because of a particular sign (these mistakes were due to rushing through the note). And I also stood on the L side of the patient during the physical exam on multiple patients...

Hey everyone,

Thank you so much
Did you pass? Cz i forgot counseling most of the sp also