USMLE step 2 cs course awesome

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Major procrastinator

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had been seraching for a CS course for a while after step 1, Kaplan was too expensive and friends said it wasnt that good.

Ximedius in miami my friends said was pretty good and intense.

I live in philly and came across NYCSPrep in NY and signed up because it was the cheapest, and they said they work with you til your exam. I was skeptical because of the positive and negative reviews for each course online. However I needed help, so i picked the cheapest, closest and one that helped all the way.

First of all I am not affiliated with anyone or any course. I have a strong basic foundation of knowledge and did rotations in chicago so I am comfortable with the american way. however i did not know how to do all the physical exams or a proper histor or note.

At the beginning I thought this course was going to be too basic but after the first couple hours Dr. S goes through everything over the next 3 days. The SP's, the history taking, notes. everything is so clean and new and set up like the real deal. I have learned a tremendous amount and I enjoyed the course. All the other students are very helpful and fun to practice with. Everyone is so helpful and caring and you can tell Dr. S has a passion to help students, and wants each one to succeed. It maye take time for some to understand his humor but he means no harm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I can help guide you and maybe a discount.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi Major Pr
I had been seraching for a CS course for a while after step 1, Kaplan was too expensive and friends said it wasnt that good.

I live in philly and came across NYCSPrep in NY and signed up because it was the cheapest, and they said they work with you til your exam. I was skeptical because of the positive and negative reviews for each course online. However I needed help, so i picked the cheapest, closest and one that helped all the way.

First of all I am not affiliated with anyone or any course. I have a strong basic foundation of knowledge and did rotations in chicago so I am comfortable with the american way. however i did not know how to do all the physical exams or a proper histor or note.

At the beginning I thought this course was going to be too basic but after the first couple hours Dr. S goes through everything over the next 3 days. The SP's, the history taking, notes. everything is so clean and new and set up like the real deal. I have learned a tremendous amount and I enjoyed the course. All the other students are very helpful and fun to practice with. Everyone is so helpful and caring and you can tell Dr. S has a passion to help students, and wants each one to succeed. It maye take time for some to understand his humor but he means no harm.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I can help guide you and maybe a discount.

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I am an IMG looking for CS course too because I am not very confident and don't have any USCE yet. I am currently in the East Coast and after looking for a while, I was thinking of signing up with NYCSprep
My CS is scheduled in June in Chicago and I am using FA now. Please can you answer these questions?
- how many students were in your session?
- can you describe with details what you did?
- after the course, can you really continue some training in the center for one-two weeks with feedback from the team? Did someone help you with improving your PN?
- how can I get a discount?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Major Pr

Hi, thank you for your feedback. I am an IMG looking for CS course too because I am not very confident and don't have any USCE yet. I am currently in the East Coast and after looking for a while, I was thinking of signing up with NYCSprep
My CS is scheduled in June in Chicago and I am using FA now. Please can you answer these questions?
- how many students were in your session?
- can you describe with details what you did?
- after the course, can you really continue some training in the center for one-two weeks with feedback from the team? Did someone help you with improving your PN?
- how can I get a discount?
Thanks for your help.

about 20 of us

you will go over what the CS is about, the different parts, how it is scored, how to do a full physical exam and write it up
mock exam is like real deal, get feedback from SP and MD who reads notes
you will be taught how to do a full history and how to write it up
you will get to practice with other students as long as you want and also writing notes which are reviwed by MD
it's a very good price, it was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed studying for CS.
You have to be engaged and you have to go practice daily with everyone. if you do that you will be fine.

yes you really can continue going, you can even go before your course. There is no limit on how long you keep going back for practice.

Yes Dr. S will review your notes and help you better them.

I can ask for you, if you want to do the course.

I just took the exam in philly yesterday and felt really good coming out of it. Nothing crazy and everything was familiar cause of the NYCS course I took. I could barely write a note before.

about 20 of us

you will go over what the CS is about, the different parts, how it is scored, how to do a full physical exam and write it up
mock exam is like real deal, get feedback from SP and MD who reads notes
you will be taught how to do a full history and how to write it up
you will get to practice with other students as long as you want and also writing notes which are reviwed by MD
it's a very good price, it was a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed studying for CS.
You have to be engaged and you have to go practice daily with everyone. if you do that you will be fine.

yes you really can continue going, you can even go before your course. There is no limit on how long you keep going back for practice.

Yes Dr. S will review your notes and help you better them.

I can ask for you, if you want to do the course.

I just took the exam in philly yesterday and felt really good coming out of it. Nothing crazy and everything was familiar cause of the NYCS course I took. I could barely write a note before.
Did you do any studying before the course? Would you recommend making a pass through First Aid or just go in blind?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hey, how can I get that discount?

The course is already super competitively priced and well worth the money. Passed with flying colors.

Reactions: 1 user