Staying current

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flox

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the post boards, generalist (i.e. non academia) attendings out there - how do you stay current?

What specific meetings (e.g. ASTRO/ASCO, refresher, subsite mtgs), specific resources (journals, journal watch, etc.), or other materials do you find most useful?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
In no particular order:

SDN

ACR Journal Adviser

TheMedNet

Random email lists like Doximity that do actually send me interesting articles and news stories on occasion.

I keep in touch with a few friends and we will frequently discuss cases/new studies over Google Chat and text

I get the red journal and at least skim it every month, but its usually nothing ground breaking.

I will frequently review NCCN guidlines, even for seemingly easy cases (only takes a few minutes), and will keep them on my computer desktop for easy access to make sure I'm practicing at least current standard of care.

Sign up for the table of contents on JCO and NEJM. I guess Red Journal too but I hate to admit I think it's less important than JCO in terms of real groundbreaking stuff coming out.

"Read it before your patients" monthly ESTRO newsletter

Reactions: 1 user
ESTRO list looks nice, thanks