General Admissions & OTCAS Stats for applying!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rachelgreen123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am currently applying to schools in California and 1 in Washington! I am getting pretty overwhelmed with the whole process and I am starting to think maybe I don't have all that it takes to get in. Can someone let me know if maybe I need to wait?

I graduated with a Biology degree from my undergrad in May. I am finishing off Physiology right now and will be taking Anatomy and Ceramics (some schools require this type of course) in the fall. I have a cumulative GPA of about 3.2 from the institution I graduated from and since I took classes at my community college I have a cum GPA of 3.5 there. I have 100+ volunteer hours from an outpatient facility and now I work at that same facility helping with both OT and PT as well as ST. I will be taking the GRE in about 3 weeks so those test scores are still pending. I have 4 letters of rec (1 from a professor I did research with on Cognitive Science, 1 from my physiology professor, 1 from the OT I shadowed, and 1 from my supervisor at my job for the engineering department).

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I think you're on the right path! Just make sure to do really well in those A&P courses and that will help your pre-req GPA if it is lower than you want it to be. You have great letters of rec, those should help you stand out. Your observation hours are pretty good, maybe try to get a few hours from a different type of OT facility like a SNF or rehab or peds or acute care to help you out if you feel like your GPA is holding you back. (That's what the schools I am applying to told me to do!)

Make sure your personal statement is a real stand out and you should be fine!