Program-Specific Info / Q's Stanbridge University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Beachbum92

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a call that I was invited to have an interview with Stanbridge University. I'm conflicted as to whether I should do a skype interview or an in-person interview.

The skype interview would involve just you with two faculty members. The in person would be you and two other applicants and two faculty members.

I feel as though I would present better in person, but I don't know how I would do sitting with two other applicants.

Has anyone gone to an interview at Stanbridge and can offer some advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview this week, I can pm you about it afterwards :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call that I was invited to have an interview with Stanbridge University. I'm conflicted as to whether I should do a skype interview or an in-person interview.

The skype interview would involve just you with two faculty members. The in person would be you and two other applicants and two faculty members.

I feel as though I would present better in person, but I don't know how I would do sitting with two other applicants.

Has anyone gone to an interview at Stanbridge and can offer some advice?

Hi!
I interviewed with Stanbridge the other week. It is a group interview, of three applicants as well as two professors. The interview is about 30 minutes long and we chose questions out of a box each person had a different question and we took turns giving our responses. Some of the questions were kind of random while others were the typical expected ones, such as describe one of your strengths. We were able to answer three questions each and then we moved onto two different group work type of exercises while the two professors watched us interact and work together to problem solve. Then we had a little time to ask a question each to the interviewers a question and the interview ended with a five minute writing sample.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi!
I interviewed with Stanbridge the other week. It is a group interview, of three applicants as well as two professors. The interview is about 30 minutes long and we chose questions out of a box each person had a different question and we took turns giving our responses. Some of the questions were kind of random while others were the typical expected ones, such as describe one of your strengths. We were able to answer three questions each and then we moved onto two different group work type of exercises while the two professors watched us interact and work together to problem solve. Then we had a little time to ask a question each to the interviewers a question and the interview ended with a five minute writing sample.

Thanks for this information! I am actually happy with the way it is set up. I like how they included a group activity into it. Thanks again for your help

I submitted my application in January. Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews they're doing? I haven't heard anything from them yet!

I submitted my application in January. Does anyone know how many rounds of interviews they're doing? I haven't heard anything from them yet!
I submitted my app in January as well. I would recommend getting in touch with someone in the Admissions Office and double checking that they have all of your application materials. I didn't hear anything from them for two weeks after applying and then I got the interview offer.

They have a few rounds. The last round is in April. I would definitely call admissions and speak to someone about your application!

They have a few rounds. The last round is in April. I would definitely call admissions and speak to someone about your application!

Is their number always busy? I've been calling several times a day and it's always busy! =/

Is their number always busy? I've been calling several times a day and it's always busy! =/

I was having that problem at first too. What i did was went on their website. I filled out this form that mentioned if you want more information about the program. I filled it out even though i already applied lol and put in the comment section that i wanted to talk about my application. I received a call right away from an admissions rep. Hope this helps!

They have interviews all through April and will be releasing acceptances on May 1st.

i just called and they said the program is full now even though their application is still open on otcas. that's ok, they were a consideration since they're closeby. good thing i called before submitting another fee

i just called and they said the program is full now even though their application is still open on otcas. that's ok, they were a consideration since they're closeby. good thing i called before submitting another fee

Aw good to know! So I guess they use a rolling admission? It wasn't stated on their website though, that is quite misleading!

Members don't see this ad :)

did they say what they meant by "full?" Does that mean they are not taking anymore applicants or ..? because they're still conducting interviews until the end of April.

did they say what they meant by "full?" Does that mean they are not taking anymore applicants or ..? because they're still conducting interviews until the end of April.

person said they're not taking anymore new applications for this year's cycle and said the class is full. i am not sure about interviews

person said they're not taking anymore new applications for this year's cycle and said the class is full. i am not sure about interviews

Hi, I've been reading all the posts in this forum and it seems to have to most recent information on Stanbridge's program. I still have not submitted my OTCAS application, but from what I was told they are accepting applications until March 31. How can it be that when the deadline is March 31, they filled up the class without finishing all the interviews...I'm wondering, is it even worth it for me to submit my application at this point?

Hi, I've been reading all the posts in this forum and it seems to have to most recent information on Stanbridge's program. I still have not submitted my OTCAS application, but from what I was told they are accepting applications until March 31. How can it be that when the deadline is March 31, they filled up the class without finishing all the interviews...I'm wondering, is it even worth it for me to submit my application at this point?
when were you told? i called this past monday and tanya, an admissions rep, said it is full. i pointed out the application is still open on otcas but she said they're no longer accepting more applications for this cycle and i must wait for the next. you can double check with them. i am aware of the ongoing interviews and march 31st deadline but i'm glad i called before submitting

when were you told? i called this past monday and tanya, an admissions rep, said it is full. i pointed out the application is still open on otcas but she said they're no longer accepting more applications for this cycle and i must wait for the next. you can double check with them. i am aware of the ongoing interviews and march 31st deadline but i'm glad i called before submitting
That's really crazy! To be honest, I feel as though Stanbridge is kind of unorganized and still figuring things out since this is their first application cycle going through OTCAS. I'm wondering if they got way more applicants than they expected and just decided to cut it off at a certain point? But that's not fair to students especially since the cut off date is March 31.

I got an interview scheduled end of this month, but I'm doing it over skype since I won't be able to attend in person. Anyone that had an interview and willing to share your experience?

I asked the admission rep and she said this is the last two rounds of interviews they will be conducting, and they started interviewing in january, and they will make decisions by May 1st.

Hope this helps those that are still waiting!

Idk who is exactly right, but i emailed an admissions rep that i have been in contact with since january. He said it is definitely not full and no decisions have been made. They are still accepting applications. Hence why interviews are still Be conducted. He said the information that the class is full is incorrect

I have my interview this week, I can pm you about it afterwards :)
Hi! I have my interview this Friday. Can you please message me about how your interview went/ include tips about what to expect? :) thnk you!

Hi!

Hi :) I have my interview this Friday. What kinds of questions did the other applicants pull from the question box? What kind of activity did they have you guys do? I am so nervous. Any tips/ help will be greatly appreciated!. Thanks :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi :) I have my interview this Friday. What kinds of questions did the other applicants pull from the question box? What kind of activity did they have you guys do? I am so nervous. Any tips/ help will be greatly appreciated!. Thanks :)

Hey! Have you got a response of the types of questions pulled from the question box? I have my interview soon also. Definitely nervous. Best of luck!

Hey! Have you got a response of the types of questions pulled from the question box? I have my interview soon also. Definitely nervous. Best of luck!
No I have not. When is your interview? I am super nervous! Where else have you applied/ interviewed?

Hi!
Hi :) Do you mind messaging me more about what the interview? I have mine this friday and I am super nervous. What were the other questions like? What kind of group activity was it?

Hi :) Do you mind messaging me more about what the interview? I have mine this friday and I am super nervous. What were the other questions like? What kind of group activity was it?

I would be interested to see what students say as well. I'm just preparing for the typical questions, but would love to hear from students who have interviewed already.

No I have not. When is your interview? I am super nervous! Where else have you applied/ interviewed?

I'm nervous also! Best of luck to you :)

I interviewed at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences and have an interview for Stanbridge University. I was ultimately admitted to USAHS and accepted my admissions, however I'm still hoping and praying for good news from USC soon, but I know that's a long shot. Staying hopeful and positive either way. I love that Stanbridge would be closer to home that USAHS, but I do have some concerns about the school not being regionally accredited. .
Where else did you apply to?

I'm nervous also! Best of luck to you :)

I interviewed at the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences and have an interview for Stanbridge University. I was ultimately admitted to USAHS and accepted my admissions, however I'm still hoping and praying for good news from USC soon, but I know that's a long shot. Staying hopeful and positive either way. I love that Stanbridge would be closer to home that USAHS, but I do have some concerns about the school not being regionally accredited. .
Where else did you apply to?
Thanks you too :)

I applied to Midwestern, Loma Linda, CSUDH, USC, ATSU, and Stanbridge. I got rejected from a few and wait listed for a few so I am hoping for Stanbridge too since its closer to home. USC would be a miracle but I am also still trying to stay positive. The wait sucks! Their accreditation makes me a bit nervous as well...but that is something I will be asking them at my interview. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks you too :)

I applied to Midwestern, Loma Linda, CSUDH, USC, ATSU, and Stanbridge. I got rejected from a few and wait listed for a few so I am hoping for Stanbridge too since its closer to home. USC would be a miracle but I am also still trying to stay positive. The wait sucks! Their accreditation makes me a bit nervous as well...but that is something I will be asking them at my interview. What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I was also looking into their accreditation. They are nationally vs regionally accredited which I guess can be a problem when finding work after graduating since a lot of employees are looking for regionally accredited programs. At least that's what I'm understanding from what I've been reading. I believe a couple years back they were aiming to get regionally accredited but don't think that ever happened as their program is still listed as national. It's making me a bit nervous. Still waiting to hear back from a USC but it doesn't look too bright as I still haven't heard this late :/

I was also looking into their accreditation. They are nationally vs regionally accredited which I guess can be a problem when finding work after graduating since a lot of employees are looking for regionally accredited programs. At least that's what I'm understanding from what I've been reading. I believe a couple years back they were aiming to get regionally accredited but don't think that ever happened as their program is still listed as national. It's making me a bit nervous. Still waiting to hear back from a USC but it doesn't look too bright as I still haven't heard this late :/
Yes, I've done some research on it too, and from the things I've read it makes me nervous... Have you interviewed with them yet/ going to? Liz Carley told me we should be hearing back from USC 4-6 weeks after the February 15th deadline. So there's still hope!

Yes, I've done some research on it too, and from the things I've read it makes me nervous... Have you interviewed with them yet/ going to? Liz Carley told me we should be hearing back from USC 4-6 weeks after the February 15th deadline. So there's still hope!
Yes, I interview with Stanbridge this friday. I'm not sure I'll accept if I'm offered. But learning about new programs and getting interview practice is always a plus!

That's good to hear about USC. So it sounds like we have about another week or so to hear back from them?

Yes, that's what I've been reading as well. The program is extremely expensive to have any doubt about our future-- in regards to finding jobs or pursuing an OTD. :( My friend graduated from their OTA program and she didn't have any issues finding work , but I'm not sure how that'll affect us OT's. As much as I want to stay close to home, it is definitely something I'm taking to heart.

I emailed Liz a week after the February 15th deadline and she told me the admissions committee would reach their decision 4-6 weeks after the 2/15 deadline. It is concerning that some people have already received acceptances , but we have to stay hopeful !

I was also waitlisted at Midwestern University. I also applied to CSUDH and U of Puget Sound , but unfortunately was not admitted. Have you guys heard any pros/cons about University of St. Augustine ?

Thanks !

I reached out to one of the OT graduates from Stanbridge and she said she has no problem finding work. But yeah the fact that they're not regionally accredited is one of my concerns as well. I wonder if they will be regionally accredited anytime soon? Also nervous and excited about my interview this Friday. I'm doing a skype interview.

Yes, I interview with Stanbridge this friday. I'm not sure I'll accept if I'm offered. But learning about new programs and getting interview practice is always a plus!

That's good to hear about USC. So it sounds like we have about another week or so to hear back from them?
I am interviewing on Friday too! I'm nervous that Stanbridge might be the only school that will accept me this year but I'm just hung up on their accreditation.

& yes we should hear back from USC soon!

I reached out to one of the OT graduates from Stanbridge and she said she has no problem finding work. But yeah the fact that they're not regionally accredited is one of my concerns as well. I wonder if they will be regionally accredited anytime soon? Also nervous and excited about my interview this Friday. I'm doing a skype interview.
How did you find her info? I was trying to find a current student or former OT Stanbridge student that I could seek advice from regarding finding jobs after. Good luck with your interview on Friday :)

How did you find her info? I was trying to find a current student or former OT Stanbridge student that I could seek advice from regarding finding jobs after. Good luck with your interview on Friday :)
It was awhile back but it was on this forum I think I randomly messaged her. I guess it's best to just focus on the interview first and think about accreditation if accepted haha. good luck too!

I am interviewing on Friday too! I'm nervous that Stanbridge might be the only school that will accept me this year but I'm just hung up on their accreditation.

& yes we should hear back from USC soon!
I feel the same way! I like that Stanbridge is close but it worries me if it's the only school that will take me. I was hoping for more acceptances! But hopefully I see you on Friday at the interviews :)

Hi Everyone! Stanbridge called me today to schedule an interview! But I am worried about the five minute writing portion. Can someone please give me information of what was the topic of choice? I want to be as prepared as possible!

Last edited:
I reached out to one of the students in Stanbridge and she told me it's both nationally and regionally accredited. May I know where it is that people read they are not regionally accredited? Just curious to see for myself.

Thanks!

I reached out to one of the students in Stanbridge and she told me it's both nationally and regionally accredited. May I know where it is that people read they are not regionally accredited? Just curious to see for myself.

Thanks!
I found it on an old forum but wasn't sure if it had changed. And saw it when I googled it. Again not sure if it was too sure. It wasn't too clear when I looked directly on the website. I says what organization accredited the program but not whether it was national or regional.

I found the information on forums , as well as google search. Looking on Stanbridge's webpage , they mention they're accredited by the "Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)". I could be wrong , but a google search on that shows that the ACCSC is for national accreditation only. Nonetheless , I still hear great things about this program! I think the main concern is for students seeking to transfer these units for an OTD-- all doctorate programs require classes taken from a regionally accredited school. Again, I could be wrong but it's just some information I found while doing my own research on OT programs. Would love to hear if anyone else found information on the campus being regionally accredited. Thanks ! :)

I found the information on forums , as well as google search. Looking on Stanbridge's webpage , they mention they're accredited by the "Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)". I could be wrong , but a google search on that shows that the ACCSC is for national accreditation only. Nonetheless , I still hear great things about this program! I think the main concern is for students seeking to transfer these units for an OTD-- all doctorate programs require classes taken from a regionally accredited school. Again, I could be wrong but it's just some information I found while doing my own research on OT programs. Would love to hear if anyone else found information on the campus being regionally accredited. Thanks ! :)

Thanks for sharing! Which page on their website is this stated? Cause what I read on the accreditation section is this:

"The entry-level occupational therapy master’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its Web address is www.acoteonline.org. "

So I thought this means they are fully accredited, similar to what one of the students told me. So I'm slightly confused now! =/

Thanks for sharing! Which page on their website is this stated? Cause what I read on the accreditation section is this:

"The entry-level occupational therapy master’s degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD 20814-3449. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its Web address is www.acoteonline.org. "

So I thought this means they are fully accredited, similar to what one of the students told me. So I'm slightly confused now! =/
This is what I read. I'm unaware of what makes it nationally versus regionally is all. Is the AOTA a regionally accrediting association? I'm really hoping it is regionally accredited because the distance is perfect for me!

That is actually really helpful! Thanks :)

For those interviewing tomorrow, do you know exactly where we meet on campus?

Hi mc3925,

I'm a current MSOT student from Stanbridge and I was reading that you and a couple of prospect students are worried about the regional accreditation. I've brought this topic up to the professors and the regional accreditation does not affect job opportunities. The main difference between regional and national accreditation is the transfer of class credits. Stanbridge University is accredited nationally by Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). I was on campus when ACOTE was accrediting our school and when we got the news we were accredited nationally. In the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) states that some doctorate programs require regionally accreditation BUT if the school does not have regional accreditation, the ACOTE will determine your doctoral degree will review your process [Source: AOTA, (p. 5)]. If you are planning on going for your doctorate, then look into the schools that you want to go to and see if they require regional accreditation.

Also I just finished my fieldwork 2A and all the OTs I've talked to stated that employers are only look for three things: 1) if you are registered and licensed to practice, 2) your experience in the setting (pediatrics, outpatient/inpatient, etc...)., and 3) your availability. They do not really look at the school you come from or if it is accredited (not that I have hear of). Also some of my classmates got job offerings after they finished their fieldwork. Additionally, occupational therapist are in high demand so I would not be worried about finding a job (I already have recruiters reaching out to me about job opportunities).

If you are trying to get a doctorate, a doctorate program requires you to conduct your own research study or project (which is similar to the thesis research/projects we do at Stanbridge). Some of the OTs I have talked to stated that there is no increase in pay just because you have a doctorate. Having a doctorate may be helpful if you plan on teaching in a OT program or if you want to be called Doctor. Stanbridge MSOT program does have a requirement to certain amount of professors with PhDs or doctorates versus having a BA, BS, or Masters to teach. If I remember correctly, 75% professors teaching need to have PhD or doctorate to hire other 25% of OTs with only their BA, BS, or Masters). There is talk going around that the profession of OT may bump up their requirement from a masters to a doctorate. As long as you graduate and get licensed/registered before the OT profession changes their requirement to a doctorate, you are in the clear. :)

I hope you and other prospective students found this helpful! Good luck and I hope everyone's interview goes well! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
So I had my interview yesterday through skype and both of the faculty members interviewing me were really nice.

I asked them about regional accreditation and they reassured me that it will not affect job prospects, as students who graduated from the program never had issues with it. They told me the most important thing is to sit for the licensing exam. Also they mentioned they're in the process of applying for regional accreditation and it's under review right now so by the time this upcoming cohort graduate, it should already be regionally accredited - which is great for those who are worried.

Hope this helps! :)

Hi mc3925,

I'm a current MSOT student from Stanbridge and I was reading that you and a couple of prospect students are worried about the regional accreditation. I've brought this topic up to the professors and the regional accreditation does not affect job opportunities. The main difference between regional and national accreditation is the transfer of class credits. Stanbridge University is accredited nationally by Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). I was on campus when ACOTE was accrediting our school and when we got the news we were accredited nationally. In the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) states that some doctorate programs require regionally accreditation BUT if the school does not have regional accreditation, the ACOTE will determine your doctoral degree will review your process [Source: AOTA, (p. 5)]. If you are planning on going for your doctorate, then look into the schools that you want to go to and see if they require regional accreditation.

Also I just finished my fieldwork 2A and all the OTs I've talked to stated that employers are only look for three things: 1) if you are registered and licensed to practice, 2) your experience in the setting (pediatrics, outpatient/inpatient, etc...)., and 3) your availability. They do not really look at the school you come from or if it is accredited (not that I have hear of). Also some of my classmates got job offerings after they finished their fieldwork. Additionally, occupational therapist are in high demand so I would not be worried about finding a job (I already have recruiters reaching out to me about job opportunities).

If you are trying to get a doctorate, a doctorate program requires you to conduct your own research study or project (which is similar to the thesis research/projects we do at Stanbridge). Some of the OTs I have talked to stated that there is no increase in pay just because you have a doctorate. Having a doctorate may be helpful if you plan on teaching in a OT program or if you want to be called Doctor. Stanbridge MSOT program does have a requirement to certain amount of professors with PhDs or doctorates versus having a BA, BS, or Masters to teach. If I remember correctly, 75% professors teaching need to have PhD or doctorate to hire other 25% of OTs with only their BA, BS, or Masters). There is talk going around that the profession of OT may bump up their requirement from a masters to a doctorate. As long as you graduate and get licensed/registered before the OT profession changes their requirement to a doctorate, you are in the clear. :)

I hope you and other prospective students found this helpful! Good luck and I hope everyone's interview goes well! :)

Thank you so much! This makes me feel a lot more confident about Stanbridge. I feel very relieved to hear this :)

Hi mc3925,

Thank you so much! You don't know how much this relieves some stress off me. I love what this program has to offer and how close it is so knowing employment won't be a problem is amazing! Thanks for letting me know!

Hi everyone, I was just scheduled for an interview on April 21st. I guess this is the last day of interviews. Is anyone else scheduled that day? Or if you have already had your interview would you mind giving me some pointers? I've seen on a couple forums where people mentioned the types of questions they ask. But I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the interview questions and how it's set up? I want to be well prepared. Thanks everyone and good luck to you all who are applying this year!