St. George MSAP or Ross

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shiba103

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently received an acceptance into St. George's MSAP program and a straight acceptance into Ross's M.D. program. I am trying to decide between the two. Does anyone know if the MSAP program is worth it or do most students not make it through?

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you do this:

Call the person - don't write or email them... call them - who offered you "admission" into the MSAP at SGU. Tell them that you have an admission directly into Ross University's MD program (i.e., not their MERP or anything else).

See what they say. I would imagine it will be something like, "Well, we can't make that decision for you." (etc.)

If you don't hear what you think you should hear, respond to that person exactly this: "Well, I would really prefer instead to enroll directly into SGU's MD program and not do the MSAP." (*NB: If that's what you want to do.)

You will get the answer you need to hear. Otherwise, no one here has the information you're asking. The school does. They may share it with you. But, no way to verify what they tell you.

-Skip

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
P.S. If I was in your shoes (and I was a LONG time ago), I would pick Ross. Of course, I'm biased. Because I did. And it worked out for me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you do this:

Call the person - don't write or email them... call them - who offered you "admission" into the MSAP at SGU. Tell them that you have an admission directly into Ross University's MD program (i.e., not their MERP or anything else).

See what they say. I would imagine it will be something like, "Well, we can't make that decision for you." (etc.)

If you don't hear what you think you should hear, respond to that person exactly this: "Well, I would really prefer instead to enroll directly into SGU's MD program and not do the MSAP." (*NB: If that's what you want to do.)

You will get the answer you need to hear. And, then you will have to make your decision. No point asking us what you should do. We don't know you from Adam.

-Skip
That sounds like a plan. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 users
MSAP is a new thing at SGU but I did the CFP program and most people make it through. I would say 75% make it through first try. SGU has a slightly better reputation / clinical rapport than Ross. How that translates to how you match is extremely variable. I am biased because I went to SGU but it is the better school so I would choose SGU MSAP over Ross. If you can't pass that program than you aren't going to pass med school so I wouldn't be fearful of the difficulty per se.

I recently received an acceptance into St. George's MSAP program and a straight acceptance into Ross's M.D. program. I am trying to decide between the two. Does anyone know if the MSAP program is worth it or do most students not make it through?
Did you decide on MSAP?

Isn't Ross destroyed and now students have to spend time on a ship instead?

Reactions: 1 user
As I once heard a pastor say, "A 'church' is not the building, it's the people who attend."

Ross is not "destroyed". It is still active and working on a solution. Yes, Dominica got wrecked by Hurricane Maria. It is going to take a long time for it to recover.

-Skip

Reactions: 2 users
One more thing worth mentioning: if you have children Ross may be a better option than SGU, especially if you will be traveling without a partner.