Program-Specific Info / Q's St Augustine Austin MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ecat29

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from st Augustine Austin? I haven't heard a thing from them and the status of my application still says under review.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard back from st Augustine Austin? I haven't heard a thing from them and the status of my application still says under review.

Yes! I heard back from them March 16th with an acceptance they contacted me on March 8th for an interview for March 10th

I haven't heard anything back yet either. I'm starting to get really nervous. They had asked me for my developmental psych syllabus and then approved it and that's the last I heard from them but this was only about a week/week and a half ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I heard back from them yesterday. They invited me for an interview for their DOT program!

Update: I heard back from them yesterday. They invited me for an interview for their DOT program!
Congrats! Do you mean the MOT program? And for fall?

Last edited:
Congrats! Do you mean the MOT program? And for fall?
Yes for the fall! And no they contacted me saying that the MOT a class was almost full and asked if I wanted to be considered for the DOT Program.

I received an email from them two weeks ago stating that the fall class was full/almost full and asking me if I wanted to be considered for summer. I said yeah, but then they needed a syllabus from me for my exercise physiology class. They got back to me yesterday telling me they would accept that class, but since summer is too close, they would put me back for consideration for fall, which I'm nervous about because fall is clearly about full and I don't think my stats are competitive enough to get in. I almost want to tell them to switch my application to spring. But I guess we will see.

Hi i was just wondering if that exercise physiology class you had to provide the syllabus for was to cover the physical science ( physics) prereq or if its for something else?

Thanks for your help!

Received an email offering an interview today for June 9th! I'm so nervous! I honestly was not expecting this at all

Reactions: 1 user
Received an email offering an interview today for June 9th! I'm so nervous! I honestly was not expecting this at all
ME too! I'm buying my plane ticket tomorrow!! I'm super nervous. For the people who have already been interviewed and accepted what questions were you asked?

Good luck everyone who's about to interview! I had my interview in March and from what I can remember they asked a few situational type questions where they want to see how you'd react in a certain situation, such as how would you handle your clinical instructor correcting you, and telling you you're doing something wrong from across the room as you are working with a patient late in your fieldwork? Also they asked about my observation hours, where they took place, what i learned, etc., if there was anything I had seen in OT that i didn't like, a situation where a problem was solved with team work and that's all I can remember. For me, it was pretty laid back and the staff was really nice!

Received an email saying I was accepted into the DOT program!! I'm really excited but also hesitant. They can't become accredited until the first DOT class graduates which will be in a year or two. I'm really nervous about making this kind of investment when I'm not positive if they will be accredited or not. Does anyone have thoughts?

Received an email saying I was accepted into the DOT program!! I'm really excited but also hesitant. They can't become accredited until the first DOT class graduates which will be in a year or two. I'm really nervous about making this kind of investment when I'm not positive if they will be accredited or not. Does anyone have thoughts?

Probably will be accredited as they have other programs. But things are never 100%.

How long after interviews have people been finding out if accepted/denied?

How long after interviews have people been finding out if accepted/denied?
I heard back about 2 weeks after my interview and found out I was on the waitlist and then I was accepted a week later.

ME too! I'm buying my plane ticket tomorrow!! I'm super nervous. For the people who have already been interviewed and accepted what questions were you asked?
Did you attend the interview/get accepted?